“We had the Ny Strip Steak”
Review of Legends Grille

Legends Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Legends Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 60 Restaurants in East Windsor
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Woodside Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We had the Ny Strip Steak”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Wow is all I can say. The chef who cooked our steaks did so to perfection. I am so sorry that your awesome restaurant is hidden in a lousy days inn.

• Visited May 2013

Trenton, New Jersey
“Unexpectedly wonderful!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

At first you wonder, since this restaurant is tucked away in the corner of the Day's Inn, but wow! The food is soooo good. I had salmon with orzo, it was so tasty and flavorful that when I ate leftovers the next day, I revisited the superb taste from the night before! My husband had the pork which he said was the best he had ever tasted. The food here is so worth the splurge! Try it, your taste buds won't regret it!

• Visited March 2013
danacara
“At the Days Inn. Yes, seriously, at the Days Inn.”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

You are not supposed to find tasty food and a cute bar at the Days Inn. That is just not supposed to happen. You're supposed to find petrified vending machine food at the Days Inn. That is part of the beautiful delicious irony of Legends, formerly known as Basils. Order the lamb, chat it up, settle in for a wonderful night.

• Visited March 2013
Key West, Florida, United States
“Great food in a hotel chain...unheard of.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stopped for the night at Days Inn in Windsor, New Jersey. I noticed a bar attached and was anxious for a cocktail. The desk clerk gave me a flyer for the adjoining restaurant...which surprised me that the pride of the menu was lamb. Took a chance on the lamb burger....YUM and YUM again. Flavor galore and tender served up with killer French fires. They gave me the best tiziki (spelling) sauce I've ever had (loaded with cucumber chunks). Who wouldda thought?

• Visited April 2013
Columbia, Missouri
“A Gem!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We drove to New Jersey to look for birds rare in North America (geese and lapwings) and chose East Windsor as a good location for our base.

We ate at the Legends Grille the first night because it is in the Days Inn at the New Jersey Turnpike and Rt. 33 (but not affiliated with it), and we were too tired to go out and look for a restaurant in an unfamiliar area.

What a delightful surprise! The first night, we had a pasta dish and the evening’s special, the beef medallions. Delightful!

The house salad is a very nice mix of flavors, the sides (we tried a variety) vegetables, couscous, pilaf, potatoes) were all well-prepared--although, I’d pass on the fried potatoes in the future).

Our experience that first evening in the small (about 12 tables/booths), cozy warm restaurant brought us back the second night, and the third, and for the fourth when we extended our stay to continue our bird-finding activities.

This 4 evening meals at one place is unusual for us. Yes, we were tired, so not inclined to look far, but the real reason was that the food was so superior to what we would expect to find, that we saw no reason to look further.

Entrees we enjoyed included pasta, a chicken dish, the lamb burger, New Zealand lamb chops (prepared at request with a sauce having no basil, rosemary or oregano, due to allergies). and the cranberry orange duck. The house soup was declared, “good, hearty, well-blended flavors.”

All meals were well-prepared and presentation was artful. The waiter was friendly and reasonably attentive. After the first night, he put fresh coffee on to brew as soon as he saw us.

I would detour many miles to return to the Legend Grille.

• Visited February 2013