“Excellent choice for lamb and other greek specialties"”
Review of Legends Grille

Legends Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Legends Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 60 Restaurants in East Windsor
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Woodside Avenue
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I enjoy finding locally owned and operated restaurants when I travel, even on business travel. This one was recommended by a local. The reviews were mixed and it even appeared to be two different names. I believe the correct current name is Legends Bar and Grill but it is in the Days Inn. Do not let the location fool you. Excellent atmosphere and delicious food. I had the lamb chops and it came with lobster bisque (soup of the day) and two sides of choice. Will go next year when in this area.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

The best Lamb Chops i've ever had in my life!! Gotta go at least once, & nice atmosphire !

Reviewed December 13, 2011

When in the area there is only one place to eat and that is at Legends Grille in East Windsor. Coming to the area on business often, this is the only place I will eat in this land of chain restaurants and diners. Everything here is delicious. Of course the lamb chops are the best I have ever had and the lover's nest for two is quite the feast! The place is quaint and the staff superb. Oh and as one who likes to have a cocktail or two or twelve I have made my way to the bar after dinner. The bartender John makes the bar feel like Cheers were you are always welcome and he knows your name and being a sports fan he can chat up a storm with ya . Made be feel like Norm Peterson when I was there. Highly recommend this fine establishment.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

New name is Legends Grille. Have eaten there several times since new ownership. Food is fantastic as well as the staff. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

After the change of the ownership of Basil's Famous Chophouse we decided to finally explore the place. One has to take into consideration the immediate area and location: there almost no decent restaurants available on this stretch of Route 33 with the only other fathomable choice being the Greek tavern Ouzo. So regardless of the less than fancy location (the restaurant is situated in the ground floor of the budget Days Inn) the food and the service proved to be quite decent. It is definitely overpriced (especially for Days Inn!), but again, if one is stuck in this part of East Windsor/Heightstown area, maybe you shall give the place a chance.
Our char-grilled octopus was good (we both had the same appetizer) and for the main course we picked the Lover’s Nest for Two
of American Porterhouse Loin Lamb Chops ($82), which included 8oz. Lobster Tail, 4 Lamb Chops, 4 Shrimp Liaison and 10oz. NY Strip Steak. The lamb which is the alleged specialty of the restaurant was decent, and the entire mail course was a notch better than the similar dishes in the tens of other nameless and faceless chain restaurants. The main courses came with a choice of soup or salad, so my wife picked the salad whereas I went with the Signature Soup (Chicken Escarole, Spicy Sausage, Chick Peas and Shaved Pecorino). Both dishes were OK. Our appetizers were a warm peach pie with ice-cream and strawberries infused with a concoction based on balsamic vinegar. None of the desserts was in any way memorable or impressive. With a bottle of a red California Zinfandel our bill came up to $187, which included the 20% tips, mandatory for the holders of restaurant.com gift certificate. Considering that the actual cost of the $75 restaurant.com gift certificate was $6, the entire meal cost us $119, which is not a bad deal and we highly recommend the TripAdvisor readers to follow our path.