“They missed the mark”

Hampton Inn East Windsor
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in East Windsor
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I reserved two rooms since I was told there was not one room to accomodate my family of 6. When I checked in, I was told I could not have those 2 rooms near each other, in fact, they were on 2 completely different floors. When I complained I was told there was nothing they could do. There was a fire alarm in the middle of the night, this was made more stressful since half my family was in another part of the hotel and I needed to find them in chaos outside amidst fire trucks and other guests. I have small children and this was not acceptable, but I was given no options and had to split my family. I have never had this problem at another hotel, even if we couldn't be next to each other, the room was nearby and on the same floor.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Wonderful place to stay near 6 flags. About 20-30 min away. Hotel rooms were nice and clean. Breakfast was great, lots of choices including waffles! Great family atmosphere, staff was very nice. I loved their tea/coffee section which is available 24 hours. I'd stay here again for sure when we're headed to 6 flags

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Paul P, General Manager at Hampton Inn East Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Your review is very much appreciated and has been shared with our staff. Glad you enjoyed everything and hope to see you again on your next Six Flags outing.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

As is typical of most Hampton Inns this hotel was quiet, comfortable and family friendly. It has an indoor pool and a fitness room. Breakfast was pretty standard fare. Staff were friendly and helpful. Only negative is that their accessible rooms are outfitted with only a queen. My husband is disabled and we need a king or 2 beds to make it work for us. Also the shower water pressure was mediocre.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your rating of us. We always strive to maintain or exceed the level of service expected at a Hampton Inn. I appreciate your input on the extra bedding that you suggested and will explore what is possible toimprove.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a typical Hampton Inn. All is as you would expect. The hot breakfast was a nice surprise. One day it had eggs (fake but, ok to eat) and sausage and the next day it had pork sausage and some type of open faced bagel breakfast sandwich which was quite tasty. Pool is on the small size but, serves its purpose.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I was glad to see that we met your expectations. You pointed out what is really good about Hampton Inns - the consistency that you encounter no matter the Hampton you are staying at.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel is well constructed and our room was quiet and the doors and walls were quite solid, unlike some other Hampton Inns. Sleep quality was good and the bathroom was well supplied. I am guessing that a guest had smoked in the room at some point in the past as there was a faint residual odor of smoke and deodorizer. Otherwise, I would say the room was quite clean and pleasant.

The ice and soda machines were in the elevator lobby - convenient and easy to locate I wish more properties would do this. There area also some drinks and snacks available for sale in the lobby. We did not use the pool which was small, but not too crowded, during our stay. The breakfast included eggs, potatoes, kielbasi and make your own waffles, along with breads, cereal, yogurt and pastries.

We stayed here for a wedding in Freehold as I am a Hilton Gold member and wanted the points. The Gold amenity was a bottle of water and a snack item, as an ample free breakfast is included for all. Free wifi is also available but I had a better connection to attwifi. Most of the guests observed at breakfast appeared to be families visiting the local theme park.

A few cons: 1. For some reason there are no signs directing you to the hotel off the turnpike exit, which is odd given that there is also a Holiday Inn Express across the street. This may be due to the construction at Exit 8. Follow the instructions in your reservation confirmation and you will not have a problem. 2. The property follows the irksome practice of reserving parking spots for Hilton Diamond members. It is fine to reward your best customers, but you should not take something away from your other customers to do it. The "Diamond Elite" spots were unused when we returned late at night and the other close spots were all taken. 3. Some wear and tear was visible in our bathroom, the door was scuffed and the caulk around the faucet in the tub needed some tlc. The sofabed had seen better days.

I would recommend this hotel for visiting the area, and it might make a good rest stop on a Maine-Florida run.

Room Tip: I would go for the third floor which is as high as it gets.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Rooms were too small for family of 5- not enough beds and was charged for cot. Pool was too small. Great complimentary breakfast. Good variety of food. Not much to do on a rainy day - guest book info was not accurate

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Paul P, Manager at Hampton Inn East Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Your input concerning the size of our guestrooms is very reasonable. Not having suites that could easily accommodate families of five or more is a limiting factor. On a more positive note; thank you for acknowledging our complimentary breakfast.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We found this hotel to be clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. The lobby was remodeled since our last stay. The breakfast was decent and had many healthy selections. I can't say the same for the take along breakfast. My only complaint was the corridor rug on our corridor floor smelled funny.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Windsor
Hampton Inn & Suites Robbinsville
Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area
Days Inn East Windsor/Hightstown
Radisson Hotel Freehold
Staybridge Suites Cranbury
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton

Been to Hampton Inn East Windsor? Share your experiences!