“Fresh Ingredients”

Good for: Large groups
NYC
“Fresh Ingredients”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This review concerns the subs\heros\grinders only, if you want to know what the dinner food is about, see another review.
Around the corner from Nocolina is a fresh food stand, maybe that is why the ingredients of my cheese-steak sub, or my wife's vegetarian sub tasted so fresh. Both were swaddled with very thick layers, very fresh of mozzarella, very nice. I should have asked if they baked their own rolls (they also servfed very fres, very hot rolls).
Service was fast, but then it wasn't very crowded (due to our choice of time of day) and done as a team. The maître d' tag teamed with the waitress and the bus boy, all ensuring quiet and efficient service. The atmosphere was an improvement over the space's previous occupant (the Atlanta Bread Company), and we affirmed our desire to return to test the dinners. Oh, I forgot, the subs were reasonably priced, but the dinners appeared to be a little more towards the expensive for a local restaurant size.

• Visited June 2012

“Not your run-of-the-mill Italian restaurant.”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Although the number of menu selections is small, many of entrees are prepared in a unique style and truly homemade items, creating a very interesting experience. The atmosphere is on the upscale side, but the prices are in the more moderate range.The service is pleasant and efficient. I recommend trying this very different Italian restaurant.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Stewartma
“Really GOOD meal, service and ambiance.”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Try this place! Good Italian food in an area that needs it! Nice atmosphere..warm and clean. Friendly staff and quality food. Byob. Kids menu; comes with a nice family style tossed salad.

Would highly recommend: Fried Calamari; homemade desserts

• Visited March 2012
Freehold, New Jersey
“Good food and service, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Fairly nice BYOB located where a bread company Once existed. Nice inside; the hostess bragged about how much time and money went into sound-proofing the restaurant. I prefer not to hear plates clanking, but I do like to hear music when we eat out (maybe a live musician on certain days could be an idea).
Service was okay, our waitress seemed young but friendly. Food was very tasty and served in a timely manner.
Lots of kids so casual attire is fine. Ask for table #20 as it is set in the corner with a great view of the CVS.

East Windsor, New Jersey
“Pretty good place and I would go back after awhile”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

As another reviewer said, the restaurant is somewhat dark, due to the lighting and dark walls. I happened to like it - my wife and I sat by the fire with a bottle of wine (BYO) and our dinner. We skipped the apps on this visit, but can say that they were pretty good the last times we went there. For this visit I had the Veal Saltembocca and my wife had a seafood dish. We were both happy with our food and there was enough that we needed doggie bags for dinner another night. The price was very fair. The server this time was not very attentive, but we were not in a rush, so it didn't matter to us.the waitress the times before was very attentive and funny. And she recognized us when we came in this time!
I mentioned that I would go back after a while. This is because there are other restaurants out there that need a visit from me.

• Visited December 2011