“Ok, probably will go back.”
Review of sushi king

sushi king
Ranked #10 of 60 Restaurants in East Windsor
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I read the reviews and wanted to try this place, but someone's opinion I value said it was just so so. Being the only game in town for sushi, I decided to give it a try for lunch. I kind of agree with my friend. It was ok, but not the best or the worse I've ever had. I tried the spider roll and two pieces of the sea urchin sushi from the a la carte menu. If there had not been shell and a piece of sea urchin spine in my 2 bites I would have given a 4. To me there is no excuse for the shell and spine. The spider roll was very good, but it was not rolled tight enough, so it was a little sloppy. Same goes for the sea urchin pieces. The menu was quite large, with lots of choices. I like that because my husband does not do sushi, so there is something he would like too. The tempura pieces from my spider roll were excellent. I would definitely try this place again.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My daughters beg me to take them here. Their rolls are fantastic. My only complaint is that the service is too fast so you do not have chance to linger and talk, but if you are in rush, that's a plus, I guess.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Probably one of the best Japanese food/sushi places in the area. The interior is much more traditionally looking, more cozy and more inviting than your typical Asian food strip-mall joint. The prices are quite affordable, significantly lower than Kenji's. The variety of rolls, specialty rolls or even 'no-rice' rolls is very impressive.
Noteworthy is that Sushi King specializes in the Japanese cuisine, period. There is no generic mix of Chinese/Japanese items one is accustomed to see on the menu of numerous Asian 'fusion' restaurants these days.
The service is polite, efficient and friendly, though a bit rushed. We are positive, however, that if told, the staff would be happy to accommodate your requests of slowing the serving process down a bit.
We would especially recommend their appetizer called Yaki Ika (Grilled whole squid with special sauce). We also had Sukiyaki (thinly sliced beef and vegetables in sukiyaki sauce) served in a giant bowl, and the portion size was more than generous.
We will definitely come again very soon. This time strictly for their specialty rolls.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My family was up here for a Lacrosse tournament and found this restaurant on Trip Advisor. We are huge sushi fanatics and love to try new places. This one was in an old strip center and was very unassuming - we were skeptical. However, we were amazed. It ranks in the top three of all time for sushi restaurants. The menu was very different and and fresh. If you are in the area - give it a shot but if you are out if town - it's BYOB.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Our family has gone to Sushi King quite a few times and just love it! We went last weekend for my sister's birthday, too. The have the BEST gyoza - so thin and tasty! There is a large assortment of sushi and sashimi. I have a Kraken roll this time and is was very good. My kids love coming here, too. They get the kids dinner box everytime. Service is excellent - there is always someone filling your water or tea. I'll be back a number of times a year!

1  Thank DLanders