“Great Experience - A Lot of Potential!”

Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in East Rutherford
Alabama
“Great Experience - A Lot of Potential!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I wish I could give this hotel a 4.5, because while this hotel is still in a state of transition, the service was top notch, and the overall atmosphere was great.

The hotel is undergoing a major renovation in preparation for the Super Bowl, so things are somewhat in a state of disarray. Front entrance was closed, and one needed to walk a little to reach the bus stop in front of the hotel. Also, the condition of the hotel itself isn't the best, but this is what is being addresses by the renovation.

From the moment we pulled into the hotel and I checked in, we were treated as valued guests. Special requests were met without hesitation, (extra towels, directions, etc), and the room was actually quite comfortable. In a way, it is a shame they will be throwing out great Double beds to replace them with Queen beds, but the hotel is trying to improve, and I assume the Queens are more popular.

We did have some issues with the plumbing in our room, and maintenance had to come out. Maintenance trying to fix the original issue caused another issue, with a clogged sink, but the hotel's maintenance staff quickly and skillfully fixed the second issue. With the rooms soon to be renovated, I doubt other guests will have similar issues once the renovation is complete.

The breakfast was better than most hotels in this range of amenities, with eggs available, and a wide variety of breakfast choices.

Location was almost perfect, with a bus stop in front of the hotel. Fairly easy trip to Port Authority Bus Terminal for a bargain price via NJ Transit. Front Desk has schedules, though my advice is to always check the NJ Transit website for the most up-to-date information.

I have stayed at both this property and the Courtyard that is in nearby Lyndhurst. Both properties provide a great value, and with the renovation of this property, I look forward to future stays when visiting Northern New Jersey and New York.

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank sxl95
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
sxl95,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your stay with us at Fairfield Inn Meadowlands. We appreciate your feedback and understanding during our renovation process. I’ll be certain to pass along your praise of our staff’s excellent service and warm hospitality. I’m pleased to know you felt well taken care of by our team and enjoyed a comfortable stay. We look forward to sharing our renovation improvements with you on your next visit to Fairfield Inn Meadowlands. Thank you again for writing.

Nadege Volcy, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel while visiting friends. When we walked into the room, it stunk of a horrible fragrance. We just knew they were trying to cover up the horrible odors in the room. I actually got nauseous. We've stayed in nearby Marriott chains on previous visits, but thought we would try this one since the price was right. Well..... You get what you pay for. Try advertise microwave and refrigerator in every room...... NOT! We had none of that. The noise of the air conditioner kept us up all night. Construction on the outside didn't help either. We wanted a room on a higher floor, but they said none were ready when we checked in. We checked in at 4:30, so don't understand why a room on a higher floor wasn't ready yet. I could go on and on, but the bottom line is...... Pay the extra dollars. This hotel literally stinks!!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Smith2009Raleigh_NC
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Smith2009Raleigh_NC,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is through comments and feedback such as yours that enable us to truly make a difference. Our goal at the Fairfield Inn Meadowlands is to keep our promise to “Always… make you feel welcome, Always… give you with a room that’s clean fresh and reflects the highest quality standards, Always… respond promptly to any need you might have, Always… give you the service that will make you want to return.”

It is obvious that we fell short of that promise and I would like to extend my sincerest apologies. I am truly disappointed and embarrased of your complaints as this is not the way we want our guest to feel after leaving our hotel. We are working on renovating our hotel towards the end of this year to give our guest a more up to date product. Our renovation will be done for the New Year and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to make amends if you were to return to the Meadowlands area.

You can reach me directly if you any additional comments.

United States
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed for the weekend while attending a concert at Met Life Stadium. Hotel was very clean, our room was a King Room on the 5th floor. Bed was very comfortable. Room was large. Had a mini-fridge, coffee/maker, flat screen TV. Nice size bathroom, limited toiletries. The whole hotel is getting remodeled for the Super Bowl which will be at the Stadium in 2014. They just started August 1st and are doing the outside first, then the inside. We didn't hear any sounds and were not inconvenienced in any way by this work. We also heard no sounds from airplanes flying over from the nearby airport. The staff was very friendly and helpful during our stay. Each morning there was a full breakfast from about 6:30 until 10:30. Eggs/sausage/waffles/assorted breads/bagels/muffins/yogurts/cereals/fruits/coffee/juices. Enough to get by without eating for several more hours.
Although I have read on here that people have walked to the stadium, we opted to take a taxi/shuttle for $10 each. It was more convenient for us. We were back in no time.
We saw a lot of people being picked up to get taken to Newark airport, which is close by. That might be something to consider or look into if you are flying out of Newark.
They have a fitness room but no pool. Parking is free for overnight guests, I don't know about airport guests if you left your car there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
sunny45,
Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience at Fairfield Inn Meadowlands. We appreciate you selecting our hotel while attending a concert at Met Life Stadium. We’re pleased to hear our clean and comfortable accommodations, and friendly staff made for an enjoyable stay. We hope you have an opportunity to visit us again to see our renovation improvements. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Hotel is average. Hotel staff does best it can in somewhat tired facility. great location to tour downtown NY. New Jersey transit excellant. Bed was comfortable, breakfast good with good quantity and variety. Hotel has needed renovation for at least 2 years. I suspect Marriot is going to sell this property to a lower tier operator since they are maintaining only at minimum level needed.

Staff is fine, we enjoyed our stay but if Marriot is not going to sell this property then the whole company is in trouble if this is representative of their standard.

Room Tip: rooms a bit small, but adequate. Upper floors better choice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Arnold A,
Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and we’re glad our convenient location to NYC and comfortable accommodations made for an enjoyable stay. We agree that it’s time for an update to our hotel and I’m happy to announce that we will be going through renovations soon. If you were to come back to the NY area I hope you will consider returning to the Fairfield Inn Meadowlands to see our improvements. Thanks again.

Long Island, NY
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed in Room 215 the night of Friday, July 26. Overall, I found the hotel to be about average but had a great customer experience thanks to Jessica at the front desk (details following 'the good / the not so good' section).

THE GOOD

-convenient location (near MetLife Stadium, easy access to Route 17, short distance from highways), free parking and free wi-fi
-clean, comfortable room with decent water pressure
-powerful air conditioner in room that's easy to adjust
-complimentary continental breakfast in lobby til 10:00AM

THE NOT SO GOOD

-both elevators contain a strong, very unpleasant odor of hot machine oil
-limited channels available on television. No MSG, YES, SNY, MLB Network, etc. Only premium movie channel avail is HBO
-electrical outlets attached to the desk lamp in Room 215 did not work. Fortunately, the other outlets in the room did
-king size bed was a bit too soft for my liking (prefer firmer beds due to back pain) but opinions vary on this matter

I must pass along my thanks to Jessica at the front desk for making my stay an enjoyable one. I chose this location since I was working nearby and my schedule changed the morning of my stay. When I informed Jessica of this she went out of her way to find an available room for me and checked me in around 11:30AM. The early check-in allowed me to feel much more relaxed and comfortable. Her willingness to go the extra mile to help me was greatly appreciated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
hendrihill,
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your Fairfield Inn experience. It is fantastic to hear that our convenient location, clean accommodations, and value added amenities made for an enjoyable stay. We appreciate your compliments regarding our amenities, but more importantly, our staff member Jessica. We work hard on offering excellent customer service by having a team of genuine and dedicated associates. I’ll be certain to recognize Jessica with a special commendation for her excellent customer service and willingness to go the extra mile. Your feedback is important to us on areas for improvement. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the Meadowlands area.

Kind regards,
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is run down, needs some TLC, management is ok but sparely see anyone around. Elevator are cruddy with a smell in them I don't even want to know. Front desk was helpful for NYC info, buses etc. Just be sure to have plenty of cash on you, it costs 4,25 / person one way bus so if your 4 travelling there everyday to NYC... it's 34$ American. I agree as to other post to go next door to other hotel, it's newer, Fairfield is missing the little details that make a difference and makes people feel a tad more comfy.

• Stayed July 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
OctoMia,
Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and I’m glad our front desk was helpful in providing you with information for your visit to NYC. We agree that it’s time for the hotel to get a refresh and I am happy to inform you that our renovations start the beginning of August. If you were to come back to the NY area I hope you will consider returning to the Fairfield Inn Meadowlands to see our improvements. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Every staff member that I encountered was friendly and helpful. The room was average and both the bedroom and bathroom were clean and bright. The only issue was that there seemed to be a lot of moisture in the air particularly when the A/C was running. The included breakfast buffet was standard.

The location is perfect for a day trip into NYC especially if you do not want to drive. There is a bus stop directly in front of the hotel that will take you directly to the Port Authority in NYC. The roundtrip fare is $8.50 and well worth not having the aggravation of driving in Manhattan.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
TravelGirl181747,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at Fairfield Inn Meadowlands. We appreciate your complimentary feedback on our clean accommodations, as well as our friendly and helpful staff. It’s great to hear you found our location perfect for a day trip to NYC. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you will visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Rutherford
Hilton Meadowlands
#4 of 5 in East Rutherford
Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands
Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford

Been to Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands? Share your experiences!