I wish I could give this hotel a 4.5, because while this hotel is still in a state of transition, the service was top notch, and the overall atmosphere was great.
The hotel is undergoing a major renovation in preparation for the Super Bowl, so things are somewhat in a state of disarray. Front entrance was closed, and one needed to walk a little to reach the bus stop in front of the hotel. Also, the condition of the hotel itself isn't the best, but this is what is being addresses by the renovation.
From the moment we pulled into the hotel and I checked in, we were treated as valued guests. Special requests were met without hesitation, (extra towels, directions, etc), and the room was actually quite comfortable. In a way, it is a shame they will be throwing out great Double beds to replace them with Queen beds, but the hotel is trying to improve, and I assume the Queens are more popular.
We did have some issues with the plumbing in our room, and maintenance had to come out. Maintenance trying to fix the original issue caused another issue, with a clogged sink, but the hotel's maintenance staff quickly and skillfully fixed the second issue. With the rooms soon to be renovated, I doubt other guests will have similar issues once the renovation is complete.
The breakfast was better than most hotels in this range of amenities, with eggs available, and a wide variety of breakfast choices.
Location was almost perfect, with a bus stop in front of the hotel. Fairly easy trip to Port Authority Bus Terminal for a bargain price via NJ Transit. Front Desk has schedules, though my advice is to always check the NJ Transit website for the most up-to-date information.
I have stayed at both this property and the Courtyard that is in nearby Lyndhurst. Both properties provide a great value, and with the renovation of this property, I look forward to future stays when visiting Northern New Jersey and New York.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A terrific location and value among Meadowlands hotels, the Fairfield Inn East Rutherford / Meadowlands hotel is always fresh, always clean and full of thoughtful amenities. This Meadowlands hotel is conveniently located within minutes of The Meadowlands Sports Complex (MetLife Stadium, Meadowlands Racetrack) and just 6 miles from New York City. NJ Transit provides bus service right outside our door to NYC, 7 days a week (163 bus schedule). Fairfield Inn East Rutherford / Meadowlands hotel offers 141 spacious rooms each with FREE High Speed Internet, a well-lit work desk, flat panel TV and in-room coffee.. Start your day right with a complimentary Hot breakfast at this Meadowlands hotel. Keep your healthy lifestyle in our Fitness Center. Come see why Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands is your choice for superior value and comfort among Meadowlands hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands Hotel East Rutherford
- Fairfield East Rutherford
- East Rutherford Fairfield Inn