“Average hotel with good staff. Worth staying if the price is right”

Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in East Rutherford
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed in Room 215 the night of Friday, July 26. Overall, I found the hotel to be about average but had a great customer experience thanks to Jessica at the front desk (details following 'the good / the not so good' section).

THE GOOD

-convenient location (near MetLife Stadium, easy access to Route 17, short distance from highways), free parking and free wi-fi
-clean, comfortable room with decent water pressure
-powerful air conditioner in room that's easy to adjust
-complimentary continental breakfast in lobby til 10:00AM

THE NOT SO GOOD

-both elevators contain a strong, very unpleasant odor of hot machine oil
-limited channels available on television. No MSG, YES, SNY, MLB Network, etc. Only premium movie channel avail is HBO
-electrical outlets attached to the desk lamp in Room 215 did not work. Fortunately, the other outlets in the room did
-king size bed was a bit too soft for my liking (prefer firmer beds due to back pain) but opinions vary on this matter

I must pass along my thanks to Jessica at the front desk for making my stay an enjoyable one. I chose this location since I was working nearby and my schedule changed the morning of my stay. When I informed Jessica of this she went out of her way to find an available room for me and checked me in around 11:30AM. The early check-in allowed me to feel much more relaxed and comfortable. Her willingness to go the extra mile to help me was greatly appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

hendrihill,
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your Fairfield Inn experience. It is fantastic to hear that our convenient location, clean accommodations, and value added amenities made for an enjoyable stay. We appreciate your compliments regarding our amenities, but more importantly, our staff member Jessica. We work hard on offering excellent customer service by having a team of genuine and dedicated associates. I’ll be certain to recognize Jessica with a special commendation for her excellent customer service and willingness to go the extra mile. Your feedback is important to us on areas for improvement. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the Meadowlands area.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is run down, needs some TLC, management is ok but sparely see anyone around. Elevator are cruddy with a smell in them I don't even want to know. Front desk was helpful for NYC info, buses etc. Just be sure to have plenty of cash on you, it costs 4,25 / person one way bus so if your 4 travelling there everyday to NYC... it's 34$ American. I agree as to other post to go next door to other hotel, it's newer, Fairfield is missing the little details that make a difference and makes people feel a tad more comfy.

• Stayed: July 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

OctoMia,
Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and I’m glad our front desk was helpful in providing you with information for your visit to NYC. We agree that it’s time for the hotel to get a refresh and I am happy to inform you that our renovations start the beginning of August. If you were to come back to the NY area I hope you will consider returning to the Fairfield Inn Meadowlands to see our improvements. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Every staff member that I encountered was friendly and helpful. The room was average and both the bedroom and bathroom were clean and bright. The only issue was that there seemed to be a lot of moisture in the air particularly when the A/C was running. The included breakfast buffet was standard.

The location is perfect for a day trip into NYC especially if you do not want to drive. There is a bus stop directly in front of the hotel that will take you directly to the Port Authority in NYC. The roundtrip fare is $8.50 and well worth not having the aggravation of driving in Manhattan.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

TravelGirl181747,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at Fairfield Inn Meadowlands. We appreciate your complimentary feedback on our clean accommodations, as well as our friendly and helpful staff. It’s great to hear you found our location perfect for a day trip to NYC. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you will visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were in town for just one night, and being so close to the city and Giant Stadium I really wasn't sure what to expect. I was VERY, VERY please from the moment we drove in and parked the car, checked in with no problem, experienced a friencly and professional staff, very clean breakfast/lounge area. Our room with a king bed was bright and crisp looking, bed was comfortable, lots of pillows to choose from. Drapes looked pretty new also. All in all we were delighted with our accommodations and would highly recommend this hotel. Oh, and the breakfast items were plentiful, eggs hot and cold, fruit and breads, cereals, sausage, waffle maker, totally happy,.

Room Tip: we were on the side of the hotel in 315. if you want to see NYC skyline you'd probably have to...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Diana1212,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your stay with us at Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands. I’m delighted to receive your kind comments about our friendly staff, clean rooms, and comfortable beds. It’s great to hear that our central location and variety of amenities were well suited for your travel needs. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope you’ll visit again soon. Thank you again for writing and sharing your high recommendations of our great hotel.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My friend booked this hotel for one night as our daughter were going to a concert at the izod center. Once we pulled up and saw the unkept grounds we knew we were in trouble. We asked to see the room before agreeing to stay. We had booked two suites. Once we arrived on the floor that hall we crowded with staff speaking loudly and not really moving so we could get by. The hallway was very small with low ceilings. Upon opening the door to our room it smelled very musty and the room was worn and unappealing. We quickly walked out and cancelled our reservation. We walked next door to the Residence Inn and loved it there. It was the same price and 100% nicer. Was very disappointed that Marriott would put their name on a place like that.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

murphy751,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is through comments and feedback such as yours that enable us to truly make a difference. Our goal at the Fairfield Inn Meadowlands is to keep our promise to “Always… make you feel welcome, Always… give you with a room that’s clean fresh and reflects the highest quality standards, Always… respond promptly to any need you might have, Always… give you the service that will make you want to return.”

It is obvious that we fell short of that promise and I would like to extend my sincerest apologies. We are working on renovating our hotel towards the end of this year and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to make amends if you were to return to the Meadowlands area.

You can reach me directly if you any additional comments.

Phone: 201-507-5222

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Was in town on business. The location was excellent. The free breakfast was a nice perk, even if I didn't get to take advantage of it. The room was clean. My interactions with the staff were uneventful, which is good.

The bed, however, was quite possibly the worst I have laid down on. I woke up with back aches multiple times throughout the night. Was more comfortable (by not much!) to sleep on the sleeper sofa.

Would not repeat.

• Stayed: June 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

EddiePotatoes,

We’re glad you found our great location, clean accommodations, and complimentary breakfast well suited for your travel needs. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the discomfort you experienced. Please know that we are going to renovate our rooms towards the end of year which will fix the issue with the mattress.

I hope that you would give us another opportunity when you return in to the Meadowlands area to make your stay comfortable. You can reach me directly if you any additional comments.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The hotel is old and the room was just acceptable. There was no way to adjust the room temparature. The hotel was quite noisy (we could clearly hear other people walking and talking in the hall). The breakfast was very limited and not regularly enough restocked. The room was clean and he staff very friendly. A bus stop to ny city was 2 min walking. The other marriott across the road (residence inn) was a much better choice.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

WvanR,

Thank you for writing a review. It’s nice to receive your kind comments about our friendly staff even though you did not find our accommodations to your liking. We sincerely apologize for the areas that we fell short to meet your expectations. I do want to inform you that the hotel will be going through renovations beginning this August. If you were to come back to the NY area I hope you will consider returning to the Fairfield Inn Meadowlands to see our improvements. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback both positive and opportunities for improvement.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Rutherford
Hilton Meadowlands
#4 of 5 in East Rutherford
Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands
Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford

Been to Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands? Share your experiences!