“A great hotel to enjooy NY City if you are by car!”

Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in East Rutherford
Reviewed March 2, 2010

As I said, if you are with a car, forget Manhattan. Think in stay at New Jersey, but close !

The Residence Inn have spacious new and very cozy rooms, good breakfast and kind service. The location is perfect. Close to the Sport complex of Meadowland, at the corner of HW 17th, where you'll find Paramus Outlet and others and, driving down HW 3, just few miles you'll get the Lincoln Tunnel and "voila" Manhattan!!!

Affordable prices when compared with the rooms at Manhattan.

Yes, you also have bus stop to the Big Apple just in front of the hotel!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands

Reviewed December 28, 2009

The room was neat and clean and smelled of freshly laundered linens. The bed was comfortable. Two things that I would suggest to the hotel management: 1) An assortment of muffins and breads as well as more options at the breakfast and 2) A shuttle bus into the city run by the hotel for a fee similar to the NJ Transit system.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2009

Stayed here in the studio suite for 4 days. Very convenient to get to New York City via bus, which stops right outside the hotel. However it would have helped if there was a clear path from the hotel to the bus stop. I didn't know if it was only because there were ongoing constructions while we were there, but we had to pretty much walk on the road or through grass to get the the bus stop. Not that big of an issue though.

The room was nice and spacious. It was only me and my partner so space was not an issue at all. It was good value because we got it on a Marriott Associate Pleasure Rate - a real steal for a room like this. The fully-equipped kitchen made it easy to either order in or bring food from the outside when we felt like it. Breakfast was also served everyday and is not bad at all.

Free wifi was very appreciated but service was a bit unstable while we were there.

Overall it's a good place to stay if you do not mind the 20-min bus ride to/from NYC.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Need a Taxi search it your self via Internet,411,phone book.
No charge for wake up call But a call for a Taxi can cost you $20 to $25 more then if you searched it your self.
Beware of that front desk smile will cost you MM!! save Money Search it your self.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank baroumi
Reviewed October 13, 2009

We stayed here because it was close to Giants Stadium. The front desk recommended a taxi service called Josie's to take us to the stadium. The taxi service was horrible. The operator who answered the phone was grouchy and the taxi that picked us up lied through her teeth. It didn't matter we got to the concert. We could've walked but it's dark and in an industrial area. The room was surprisingly comfortable. The kitchenette was a good size and fully stocked. The bed was comfortable as well. Overall the room was quite nice.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2009

We recently stayed at this hotel during a trip to a celebrate a 50th Anniversary with an Aunt and Uncle. Their celebration was in Brooklyn, NY but I couldn't find a hotel on line that I was willing to pay for. The reviews for most were not good or the hotels were more than I was willing to pay. Since I had stayed in Seacaucus before I figured we could stay over there and just drive into Brooklyn for the celebration. It was either Seacaucus, Rutherford or Newark, NJ. Rutherford won out because it offer us the best rate at the time for a two bedroom room so we could all stay together. The hotel is located in a industrial area. Not the best view but once you're in the hotel unless there is an ocean to look at I guess you don't spend much time looking out the window. We were there during the weekend so there was no noise. I am not sure what the noise level would be on a weekday. We were checked in quickly and the young lady gave us a list with places to eat in the area. The room was very nice with enough space for all 4 of us. It was nicely decorated. There are flat screen TVs in each of the bedroom and the living area. It would have been nice to have a DVD player at least in the living area. The hotel is very close to the Seacaucus area with plenty of places to eat and shop. It is close to NYC and there is the NJ transit bus stop near the hotel. Compared to prices in Brooklyn and NYC, I think we got our monies worth. It wasn't great in regards to where we needed to be in terms of the celebration. Unfortunately we didn't program the GPS to avoid tolls and got caught up in a lot of traffic going thru the Holland Tunnel. It was awful. On the way back we avoided the tolls and while it was longer it was moving the entire time. I would definitely stay at the hotel again but not necessarily if I needed to go into Brooklyn. The hotel staff was nice enough. For some reason the bill was slipped under our door the morning after we checked in which seemed strange but we just ignored it. When we returned to our room after the celebration none of our room keys worked. So in our minds that ruled out that the keys were demagnitized since none of the keys worked. When I went to the desk I was told that the computer showed we had checked out. The interesting thing is we left out of our room that morning and went over to Seacaucus and came back and got dressed for the celebration. We left around 11ish and came back around 1ish and the key worked fine. Check-out is 12 noon. If they thought we had checked out why didn't they call the room to see why we hadn't check out at the front desk after 12. They just deactivated the keys. We had the don't disturb hanger on the door. But I am not certain that they did not come in the room after we left. We saw the maid and told her we were going out that we did not required room serivce. If there was a question about our checking out then would have been the time to ask. The bill they slipped under the door clearly said we were checking out on Sunday. No one at the front desk had a explanation of why the computer was showing we checked out when the the reservation information says we were there until Sunday. They apologized for the inconvenience but that was about all. We didn't want to let that situation spoil our trip but I'll be more aware of it should I stay there again.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I stayed in this hotel with my family of spouse and 3 teenagers. We booked a two bedroom suite. The suite was excellent with the kitchen fully equipped.

I always stay at Residence Inn, but found this hotel very quiet and modern. The only setback was that we were given a room on the ground floor as the hotel was fully sold out during our dates. In the morning we could hear some guests playing basketbakball outside our room.

Otherwise, the hotel was conveniently located near NYC; about 10 minutes drive. We had to pay USD 8 for Lincoln tunnel every time we head to NYC, but the trade off is that you get free parking at the hotel.

We never had the chance to have breakfast as it finishes early at 9 am.

There is no business center like other hotels. There is only one PC located in the dining area in the middle of the lobby without even a seat. I had to scan some documents, I found the front desk staff to be very helpful.

I would definitely stay her again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Hilton Meadowlands
#4 of 5 in East Rutherford
Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands
Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford

Been to Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands? Share your experiences!