“One of the best Residence Inn's ever”

Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in East Rutherford
Reviewed August 28, 2009

I stayed here while visiting a friend in NYC for a few days, along with my two dogs. This was a great place to stay outside the city and the rates were great. I didn't mind having to pay bridge/tunnel tolls to get into the city when I had free parking and a cheaper, brand new and quiet hotel. This is a newer hotel and the rooms are just beautiful. This is in kind of a remote area, like in an industrial park, but that is what I liked about it. On the weekend, it was quiet and there was no one around. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 17, 2009

My family of 5 stayed here for five nights while visiting New York. We stayed in a two bedroom efficiency which had 2 queen bedrooms, 2 Baths, sleeper sofa, and full kitchen. The hotel was very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Each morning a complimentary breakfast was served. It consisted of eggs, potatoes, waffles, sausage, fruit, yogurt, cereals, oatmeal, pastries, juices, milk, coffee. One thing we failed to take advantage of (we were in New York in the evenings) was a complimentary dinner. A couple of things I noticed on the menu was spaghetti and BBQ sandwiches.

When we checked in to the hotel, we were given a map of New York and a bus schedule for the area. This helped make our travel to New York very simple. We didn't have to attempt to drive in New York. The bus stopped in front of our hotel which was very convenient. The neighborhood was also very nice.

I give this hotel 5 stars and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Buck_1964
Reviewed June 23, 2009

We stayed two nights at the Residence Inn in East Rutherford while visiting NY city. It was a beautiful hotel-very clean and update furnishings. We stayed in a two bedroom unit which was perfect for us becasue we have four kids. The two bathrooms are really nice when getting dressed the next morning. I have stayed in many Residence Inns, but this one was by far the best ever. The breakfast was also yummy.
To get into NY city was also easier than we had anticipated. The bus stops outside in front of the hotel between RI and Fairfield Inn. It costs $3.40 to get to the Port Authority. We were the last stop for the bus so we had to stand, but it was not too bad of a ride into the city. The ride back that evening was much better and we were the first stop so that was not bad at all. It took about 30 minutes probably for the trip. Once in the port authority it was easy to get to the subway to get to our first destination of the day.
I would recommend to anyone who needs a nice clean and quiet place to stay outside the city to stay here.
We had a GPS so it took us right to the hotel. It could be a little difficult if you don't have one.
I highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again!

3  Thank jlpGa
Reviewed June 14, 2009

My husband and I just returned from our very first visit to the NYC and Jersey city of E. Rutherford for the
Doo-Wop Reunion at the Izod Arena. We booked with your hotel for its convenience to the event and from prior
experience on a stay with Residence Inn Marriot in Pittsburgh...WONDERFUL...the reputation continues in the
E. Rutherford Residence Inn. The staff was warm and helpful with all questions and needs. We wanted to see
NYC and was going to book for a bus tour and the one we ALMOST chose, left us on our own to find its location
downtown, But a sweet young lady at the desk recommended a tour bus service that CAME TO THE HOTEL to
pick us up and BRING US BACK!!!! It took all fear and uncertainty from us and we had the most wonderful day
seeing all the highlights of NYC that we had always wanted to see and experience. The tour bus service had a
guide to ride on the bus and give information and highlights as we traveled and he accompanied us on each of the
stops and continued with an incredible dialogue of facts and info. He was very kind and was very efficient in
keeping track of all of his "sheep" no matter where we were. The drivers of the shuttle van that picked us up for
the tour and brought us back were very patient and friendly and had genuine conversation with us as we traveled.
I highly recommend to anyone wanting to see NYC on a tour line to use NEW YORK TOURS and this hotel is
absolutely superb. THANKS TO ALL OF THE STAFF AT RESIDENCE INN MARRIOT AT EAST RUTHERFORD!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ladylaine
Reviewed June 2, 2009

Upon arrival in East Rutherford, NJ, we went directly to another hotel (Homewood Suites) where we had a reservation and checked in for our 4 night stay. The staff was friendly, but the noise from the highway was simply unbearable. We suffered through the first night and immediately checked out the following morning. My wife and I went to the Residence Inn and what a difference. We paid nearly the same rate and got so much more value for our dollar. The rooms are sensational! We asked for a quiet room and the desk clerk put us on the top floor on the corner and it was perfect. We didn't hear any outside noise and slept peacefully throughout the night. This hotel continued to exceed our expectations for the next three days. When the staff found out it was my wife's birthday, they purchased a card and flowers for her. When we returned from NYC and entered the room, there was a beautiful floral arrangement with a card signed by the staff. This has never happened to us before. The evening socials and breakfast offered a wide variety of food choices and made it so convenient to grab a bite to eat and be on our way.

Many thanks to Tracy Pine and her staff. Your housekeepers are great, your front desk is accommodating and the hotel is amazing!

Thank You......we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Redsoxlover99
Reviewed December 26, 2008

This is a nice, newer property adjacent to the Meadowlands complex. Our family stayed here and took the NJ transit bus into Manhattan each day, which is about a 20-30 minute ride. The bus stop is directly in front of the Fairfield Inn next door.

Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed November 4, 2008

WOW...... That what I felt when I arrived at this hotel and to the end of my stay. The staff WOW me so much. They went above & beyond the call of duty to make sure our stay was comfortable. I loved the breakfast and the evening social 3 nights out of the week. The staff had a Bar B Que on Wednesday. It was so fun to mingle with other guest and see them enjoy the time. They knew my family by name. They served food 3 nights out of the week which saved me money for my vacation with the family. The General Manager, Tracy was outstanding. She and her staff made sure we where happy. I rooms where clean, comfortable, and had the freshes smell when you walked in. Marriott really did a great job with this hotel. I wouldn't change anything about my stay.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Seymon422
#4 of 5 in East Rutherford
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel
Residence Inn Secaucus Meadowlands

Been to Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands? Share your experiences!