“Outstanding”

Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in East Rutherford
“Outstanding”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

It was so much fun celebrating our daughter's birthday. Special thanks to Karyn Feliz who made it special by preparing the cake and balloons and great service for the room. She was very nice and helpful from the start in helping us preparing. The whole staff was exceptionally accomodating.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Ben B,

Thank you for taking the time to write; we appreciate your feedback. I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and that the birthday festivities were a success. I will share your kind remarks with Karyn. We look forward to a return visit.

Maria White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
Budd Lake, New Jersey
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stand at the Residence Inn for one night to celebrate our anniversary. We went on a dinner cruise that left out of New Jersey. The location of this hotel was perfect. The head of housekeeping Swapna, was very friendly. I called the hotel a head of time to see who I had to contact if I wanted something else in the room.Swapna was that person. On Friday I dropped off champagne and strawberries to have in the room before we go there. When doing this your always taking a chance not knowing if it will get done. My girlfriend and I went up to the room and everything was set up. The room was Very clean. I was very impressed. Swapna did a really great job and made our trip special.

Room Tip: Want a clean place then choose this hotel!
Green Features: The breakfast in the morning was great. Staff that was serving breakfast was very friendly.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear 568dave,

It’s great to hear from you. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while celebrating your anniversary. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our associates strive to provide our guests with a pleasant experience and your review serves as encouragement. I will be sure to share your kind comments with Swapna. We look forward to seeing you next year.

Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Our little group of 10 only stayed 1 night. That morning I was the first up first to hit that free breakfast buffet. Top notch .waffles we're great. Sausage patties cooked perfect will definitely return. Plus.close to bus stop for $4.25 trip to N.Y.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ronnietaylor474
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear ronnietaylor474,

We are happy to hear from you and glad to know your stay was pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Your recommendation serves as encouragement to our associates who genuinely care about providing each guest with an enjoyable stay. We look forward to a return visit.

rockford il
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights in July. We were here on an extended vacation in the area while my husband had business during the day. Several things...yes, very close to the NJ transit bus if you would like to venture into NYC. If you need a break from the hustle and bustle from NYC, and you have kids, the hotel has a pool and a small basketball court ( they have a basketball at the desk you can use), and a fun over sized chess set in the eating area. This was all great for our teen/tween boys to unwind on the very few days we weren't venturing out too far. Next to the hotel is a small strip mall with a Panera bread, Aldi food store, Marshall's and a few small independent stores. If you plan on using the kitchenette in your room, Aldi is convenient, but there is also a full service grocery store...Stop and Shop about 10 minutes away in nearby Carlstadt which we used. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful should you need directions. My husband utilized the hotel shuttle service every morning to get to his training center. They do have free breakfast and dinners on weekdays (I think free breakfast on weekends too), which we did not use (we ate out or used our kitchen), but is a good option for those who could use it. The maintenance man/shuttle driver was very nice, and brought us the tools we needed to assemble a game for the kids. Housekeeping was good. Rooms were clean, a little dated, but clean and well kept. My kids used the pool several times, and there were local swimming lessons going on a few of the times. This was a little bit of an issue as the pool isn't that big, and when you have kids that want to unwind, they had to keep their energy to a minimum (there were other guests kids in the pool too) and stay out of the way. Lastly, we arrived at the hotel, this was week 2 of our vacation, and we packed accordingly. We had planned on doing all our laundry for week 2 at the hotel. Machines were 2 dollars to wash and 2 to dry. The problem for us was there was one washer and dryer on the 3rd floor, one set on the 6th floor. Only the 6th floors washers weren't occupied. Long story short, it took us several hours to get our laundry done. We were hoping for several machines in one location. Overall, a positive visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a NYC view. We had a partial one. It was nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank familyof5RFD
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear familyof5RFD,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience. Our team understands and believes that our guests deserve a pleasant stay and we continue to seek new ways to impress. Your kind comments, which highlight our successes and areas for improvement, are appreciated as they foster change for the better. Thanks again and we look forward to your next vacation.

Wallingford, Connecticut
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I went on tripadvisor after booking @ the hilton. I read the horrible reviews and immediately cancelled my reservations. I read the reviews of the Residence Inn and booked the room. Well it was CLEAN and everything you could want in a hotel room. Staff was helpful and friendly. I had asked the receptionist how far to the Izod center was and before I could say anything else she had handed me printed directions and explained them to me to make sure I understood. I even told her no big deal I have GPS. Great pool, nice hot tub, clean spacious rooms and good staff!!! Stay here. By the way eat @ Vesta Brick oven Pizza. Two good choices

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear farfromhere06492,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are glad you chose to stay with us! It is encouraging to hear that your stay was enjoyable; we work hard to provide a pleasant experience. Your kind comments are appreciated and we look forward to a return visit.

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed August 3, 2014

If you are familiar with the Residence Inn brand then you'll know what to expect and this hotel did not disappoint. What sets different Residence Inn properties apart is the staff. The staff here was very pleasant and friendly over our 8 day stay. The room walls were either very well built or the guests were just well behaved because the hotel was exceptionally quite. Breakfast was always well stocked. The NJ Transit bus on the corner makes it very easy to visit NYC from this location as long as you can travel off of rush hour (you have to go through the Lincoln Tunnel on the bus).

My only issue is one that I have had lately across the Marriott chain, but it occurred here also. Marriott does not seem to be informing housekeeping of the number of guests listed in the reservation system. This room, as happened with the other locations as well, only provided 3 sets of towels despite my reservation being for 4 people (and having extra towels set in my online profile too). Marriott needs to be more in tune with this issue so that I don't have to keep calling for the right number of towels. To this location's credit, after the first day of doing this, they got it right each day after that.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear jeffcarp,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. It is encouraging to hear that your stay was enjoyable; we work hard to provide a pleasant experience. Your kind comments, which highlight our successes and areas for improvement, are appreciated as they foster change for the better. We look forward to a return visit.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have tried several hotels in the area and was impressed with the residence inn. It was completely modern and well maintained. The hotel is a short 2-3 min drive from several local restaurants. The lobby free breakfast and happy hour offer a wide selection of food and drinks. It was surprising they had so much available but everyone at the hotel seemed very happy about the selection. The staff were also very friendly.

When in the area again I would gladly stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
We are delighted to hear of the comfort you experienced at our hotel. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our modern rooms and convenient location. Our associates are the key to providing our guests with a satisfying stay. I appreciate your kind remarks.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Rutherford
#4 of 5 in East Rutherford
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands
Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel

Been to Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands? Share your experiences!