“Hidden restaurant delivers lots of choices”
Review of Park & Orchard

Park & Orchard
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Hidden restaurant delivers lots of choices”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I visited this restaurant while working in the area . I was afraid we'd need reservations after reading the reviews, but the place was almost empty on a Monday evening. I also didn't expect to see the huge bar since everyone said to BYO, but there it was with a decent selection. The menu has enough choices to keep everyone happy. I tried the shrimp stir fry Indian style. The shrimp were overcooked but the vegetables were plentiful and the side of rice included lentils. My associate tried the eggplant parmigiana. It was served in a huge bowl that must have contained several eggplant. Pasta was on the side . He pronounced it good, but needed a couple of people to share it. Another associate ordered the crawfish pasta and enjoyed the spiciness it offered. Service was good and pricing was reasonable .

montclair, nj
“The restaurant that time forgot”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The menu is virtually identical to the one they handed me three decades ago when I first ate here, as are the plates of food, with hearty portions that ignore trendy presentation; go somewhere else if you want styled food. Service is cordial and virtually all dietary requirements can be accomodated by the very diverse menu, with nods to various food intolerances. Alas, I feel the food is not only rather dated but begins to seem a little bland compared with what is served at other places in the same price range. This is filling fare, and I don't think I've ever had anything in many trips here (usually family get-togethers, as the location is convenient to all of us) that I disliked, but I increasingly feel like more changes to the menu are needed, more interesting combinations, fewer mundane side dishes, more interesting breads at the start of the meal (the familiar wheat loaf and squirt bottle of honey are still there), more creative deserts in place of the warhorse pies and puddings. I don't seek this place out any longer, but somehow I'm still happy when the family gets together there.

Lords Valley, Pennsylvania
“Gluten Free Jasper's Crabmeat Pasta - Yum!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Recently started a gluten free diet and it's not always easy to find good food that fits the bill. P&O has always been great service, wonderful food and an incredible wine list. Now it's good to know I can still enjoy it all with a gluten free twist. The only issue I ever had with the place was the ladies room, and that has recently been totally renovated and is lovely. So now it's 5 stars all the way.

Secaucus, New Jersey
“A new spin on Veggie!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

There are many entrees to choose from that have a gourmet touch to the Veggie Lover! Stuffed peppers and stuffed eggplant reigns supreme! even a stuffed artichoke! Try it you will surely return to this family style portion entree restaurant! Enjoy! Parking plentiful and event!

Oradell, New Jersey
“Good selections & good food:”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

In late February we had lunch at The Park & Orchard Restaurant at 240 Hackensack Street between Orchard Street and Union Avenue in East Rutherford, NJ. We’ve had lunch and dinner there a few times; albeit not recently, so we returned. The restaurant has a large broad and diverse menu with most selections reasonably priced. The portions are rather huge and it’s a great place to go if someone is looking for “home style” cooking. When occupied the restaurant can be quite noisy and there’s little ambiance. (The main dining area can accommodate approximately 100 people in an open environment.) The staff is friendly, the service is excellent and most people are not able to finish their meals and opt to take the remainder home. There were six of us and the staff did not rush us; so we were able to relax after the meal and “kibitz” for a while. There aren’t many restaurants where you can do this……

Please review the menu posted on their web site: www.parkandorchard.com. They have interesting selections and if you’re in that part of NJ, you might want to check it out.

• Visited February 2013