“AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!”

Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in East Rutherford
“AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I recently stayed at this Extended Stay and I must say it was AMAZING from the customer service at the front desk to the cleanliness of my room. The staff are very friendly and courtesy. They have a free shuttle to take you to restaurants and shops near by. I would recommended this hotel to anyone who wants a good quality stay for a very decent price.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Get_Money_Ent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Turkish first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to stay at this Extended Stay and also at a Staybridge Suites in Indianapolis. The Staybridge is much more comfortable, well appointed, more nicely furnished, better breakfast, even with light supper included from Mon through Thursday. That said, the Extended Stay is OKAY. Comfie bed. Linens and towels were just fine (Staybridge had better linens and better ammenities overall). Kitchen is spacious and workable (Staybridge also has dishwashers and disposal which Extended Stay doesn't). The Extended Stay is more utilitarian and bare bones that Staybridge, but its just fine. For a longer stay I would recommend Staybridge and for less time Extended Stay is great.

MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS THAT THIS PARTICULAR LOCATION's address doesn't work on GPS. The address is listed as 300 NJ Route 3 however it is actually on the SERVICE ROAD which PARALLELS Route 3. Consequently you are led PAST the hotel and wind up having to drive 10 miles to make a U-Turn and figure out which of the many confusing exits to get off at. Finally I CALLED the hotel and they gave me an ALTERNATIVE address (2 Meadowlands Plaza) which leads to the hotel. They need to list the address properly because the front desk folks (who are VERY nice) said that "this happens all the time". I was very annoyed when I got to the property because it was already pretty late at night and I lost an hour's sleep by driving aimlessly around.

Another thing. You gotta have a car to stay here. There is lots of stuff to do in North Jersey, but this is located in the Meadowland, a grasslands wilderness between NYC and Suburban NJ. They have a shuttle which will take you to a bus which will take you east into Manhattan (which is like 6 miles away), and if you have a car you can enjoy the ethnic diversity and great cuisine, wonderful shopping in a close driveable radius in North Jersey. Without a car, you'll be stranded here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Wurtsboro, New York, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Got in early and they let us check in .Place was clean quite everyone there was nice You can tell it was just up date. We had a venue @ digbats in Clifton was easy on and easy off the highway. Giant stadium was right across the highway.new York city was real close .The bus stoped outside the hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sam S
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I will never stay in any extended stay America because your room is never guaranteed to be there. I booked 2 hotel rooms with racha king and queen in them 6 months prior. 3 days before arriving I received a call from the manager Rafael telling me that he is giving my rooms away to a bigger party because he can make more money. He offered me 2 rooms, each with a queen size bed, I had a party of 9 people. After arguing he said he would call the hotel down the street for me. He never called me back. I called him, left a message and he never responded. I then called and was put on hold for 10 minutes to then be told he wasn't working that day. When I confronted the woman on the phone about lying since I already talked to him she confirmed he was there but refused to take my call. I finally got 4 rooms, all queens with 1 free, which equalled the same amount i was going to pay before. When I tried to apply my AAA discount he refused to let me. I will never book with any extended stay America ever again because they explained that if a guest wants to stay an extra night they will always let them and will give away other people's reservations for current guests. Therefore they don't honor reservations so what's the point since you are really never guaranteed to have your room when you arrive.

• Stayed August 2013
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel while I make my move to NY for the past 2 months and really feel like I'm at a home away from home. The staff here is so friendly and helpful and makes me forget that I'm staying in a hotel. The friendliness of Ms.Ester everyday makes me smile and always have a great day. She always goes out of her way to ask how I am and see if there is anything that she can do to make my day better. She is so warm and friendly and I always look forward to seeing her smiling face in the morning. I know that if I ever need anything or have a problem while staying here that she would happily take care of it and in a timely manner. Mr.Rafael is also always present and asking if there is anything he can do and how my stay is. He is so friendly and truly cares about the people that are staying here.
I love the fact that there is a Grill outback and stoves in the room. Also every morning there is a breakfast with coffee and muffins. It makes me feel like I'm at home and saves me money on eating out every night.
Overall I highly recommened this hotel. It's a great hotel with wonderfull accomodations and an even better staff!

Room Tip: All rooms are non smoking!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed July 21, 2013

First and foremost, this hotel is VERY convenient to NYC ... which is the main reason we chose it. Other than that, you get a good sized room (we had a King deluxe), kitchen, free wifi, and grab-and-go breakfast (which is coffee, muffins, oatmeal, fruit, and snackbars). The staff was very friendly and helpful, giving us just about all the items we needed regularly (TP, soap, etc.). We did laundry one day (eight night stay) and they had small packs of detergent available for $1 (which is good because we'd forgotten to pack any).

Bonus was that we were able to bring our dogs! We ended up skipping the cleaning they offer if you stay more than seven nights because the dogs were in the room though ... so I can't comment on the cleanliness other than the room was good when we checked in.

The only issue we had was a broken stovetop that was repaired the next morning by maintenance. There also were a lot of residents loitering in the parking lot in the evenings with beer ... but nothing ever got out of hand.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have been staying in this hotel on and off for the past few years for work. I find the service and staff great and anything i need they atending to when i ask. Esther does a great job in the morning and is alsways pleasant to talk to. Pete covers the nigth shift and does just as good of a job as Esther. They make being away from home simple and worry free.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands
Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands

Been to Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford? Share your experiences!