“Can;t wait to go back!”
Review of Sorrento Ristorante - CLOSED

Sorrento Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Sorrento Ristorante Italiano The delectable cuisine and elegant, yet comfortable atmosphere of all Sorrento ristorante is a direct outgrowth of the rich heritage and authentic Italian foundation that owners and Chef Carlo Apolloni bring to he's life passion. It is no accident that one step inside the door sends you on an exhilarating culinary journey through authentic Sorrento Ristorante countryside. With a dedicated focus on the simplicity of style, fresh ingredients and warm company that make true Italian cuisine experience so special, Chef Apolloni's made it their focus to adorn their restaurant with the romance of the rolling hills of Northern Italy. The Ristorante strives to capture the hearts of people throughout New York, New Jersey and beyond with a romantic Tuscan setting and an array of tantalizing dishes.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Looking for someplace to celebrate my birthday with my family. Was in the mood for Italian and found some good reviews online for Sorrento's. So glad we went! Roasted figs stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped with prosciutto were delicious! If you are a fan of goat cheese, try these! Calamari were some of the best we've had - melt in your mouth! Arugula/pear/garganzola salad again, delicious! We all ordered entrees & dessert and had not a single complaint. Place is BYOB, upscale & a little pricey, but very well worth it!

1  Thank KarenCatapano

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had the opportunity to dine at Sorento's on two occasionsl recently, once on a Thursday evening, and the other last Saturday evening. The ambiance is lovely, very elegant, and upscale. Xavier, the manager, and his wait staff are attentive to every detail. Service was impeccable, and the food as well. We were immediately served fresh bread, olives, and bruchetta. Italian music is playing in the bacground, adding to the ambiance. Valet service is an added bonus - no need to search for parking. This restaurant has definitely become one of my favorites.
Dr. V.A. Hascup

1  Thank Valera H
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My copilot and I stumbled upon this place while looking for another Italian restaurant . The reviews looked promising so we decided to try it. The atmosphere is very upscale, but we did not feel out of place in khakis and nice jeans. We were greeted with fresh bread,bruschetta , oil, cheese, and olives. We ordered the stuffed artichoke appetizer and enjoyed it once we got to the center of it where the bites were more filling. I had the salad with oranges, almonds, and olives. It was very good, but next time I would ask for the dressing on the side as it was liberally poured. My partner had the baked sole and thought it very good. I ordered the Carmella pasta with burrata cheese. It was quite nice with a light tomato sauce covering it. In between the courses we were given lemon sorbet, a very nice touch. We both had water and paid about $38 each plus tip. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Punkin2605
Reviewed September 3, 2013

You have to go above and beyond to get high marks from me for Italian food since New Jersey has so many to choose. Sorrento it really wonderful. I had crabmeat salad with the most beautiful, sweet, large lumps of crabmeat, obviously very fresh. My guest had fresh roasted figs stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped in proscuitto, drizzled with a balsamic reduction. Yipes! I had homemade pasta stuffed with Burrata cheese and a sauce of coarsely chopped fresh tomatoes done with seasoned oil. The in-house-made napoleon was to-die-for. Our service was excellent but diners in another room had several complaints about their server. The chef and owner/host were both congenial and attentive.

2  Thank DLPW
Reviewed August 28, 2013

What a gem of a restaurant. This is not your typical Italian restaurant. Every course is delicious. We started with salads that were way above the norm and a crabmeat appetizer loaded with huge chunks of very fresh, white crab. Every main course was terrific, whether homemade pasta or the incredibly tender short ribs.
Try the flaky, creamy Napoleon for dessert.

1  Thank Nina W