Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
  • Pool
$199
$114
ExtendedStay
Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands(East Rutherford)(Great Value!)
$116
$101
Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel(Rutherford)(Great Value!)
$178
QualityInn
$139
$131
Hampton.com
All reviewsgreat hotelpanera breadpolice stationstrip mallthe buscomplimentary breakfastgrocery storenew york citybasketball courtexcellent stayindoor poolevening receptionbusiness centerliving roomhotel shuttlefull kitcheni highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great place to relax. Carolina, Manny, Elsa and the other staff made me feel right at home, even though I was away from home for more than a month. The breakfast and dinner foods that are offered are of restaurant caliber. The location is superb with various shopping nearby and great shuttle service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Randall S;

We truly appreciate your comments on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure to hear that you had a great stay and were able to relax. We thank you for your business and look forward to your return in the near future.

Cheers!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in late April, (Thurs. through Sunday), to visit Manhattan and go to a Mets and Yankees game. We found the price for this hotel was much better than what you would get in NY. In my opinion, if you are driving, you wouldn't want to drive into the city, especially if you are not use to city streets like NY. If you are using a GPS to get there, use the following address: 66 Stanley Street East Rutherford, NJ 07073. The address they have on their website doesn't work on a GPS. They do have that other address at the top of their site, but we didn't notice it before heading out. They should put it on our confirmation letter, they do have a link to it, but we usually print our confirmation letter well in advance and use whatever address is on the confirmation letter.

Parking here is free, which is a great perk and hard to find hotels that offer free parking. The hotel staff was very friendly. We stayed in a one bedroom suite. The room size was great. We had a living room, kitchen and bedroom. The beds were VERY comfy, but the living room couch and chair were not all that comfortable and they did have a few stains on them, not a big deal we didn't spend much time there, anyway. Everything else looked very clean. They also had free Wi-Fi in the room and it was at a very good speed. I think there were also a couple of computers in the lobby area.

The hotel offers free dinner including wine and beer, Monday through Thursday….unfortunately we didn't make it back in time for it, so I can’t comment on it. I believe it is 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm. They also offered free breakfast which varies a little day to day, but basically, make your own waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, omelets, fruit, oatmeal, cinnamon rolls, bagels, yogurts, cereal, etc.

There is a Panera Bread right next door at a little shopping plaza. I can’t remember everything there, but I think there were 2 other places to eat, one being a Grill/Buffet.

This is a great place to stay if you are going into Manhattan. If you are going to take the bus into the city it goes right to the Port Authority in Manhattan. The bus stop is only about a 5-10 min walk from the hotel.

You can skip this next part if you are not taking the bus, but here are a little more details on taking the bus.

I recommend you take the free hotel shuttle to the stop your first time to get an idea of where you will be waiting and getting off. If you plan on walking back, do not pay too much attention to the route the shuttle takes, he goes around the longer way. Ask the driver how to walk back when he drops you off but I will also give you directions later. Ask a staff member at the hotel for a bus schedule. The bus number is 163. Be sure to buy a round trip ticket when you get on the bus. If you don’t you cannot buy a ticket from the driver at the Port Authority you have to get it from the vending machine which is a little confusing….we didn't get the round trip the first day and luckily a local helped us get our ticket, one of thing it asked was for a zone number and we had no idea…it’s Zone 3. Anyway, it cost $4.25 each way per adult. We got a military discount at $1.90 each way which is also the price for seniors and children. The buses can get pretty full. Sometimes it’s standing room only….but you can wait for the next one if you are not in a hurry. You will get off at the last stop at the Port Authority. It takes about 20 minutes to get there if there is no traffic.

I will admit coming back can be a little intimidating. You would go to gate 224 at Port Authority….then go to the “Local Bus” side NOT “Express Bus”. Then when you get off it will be the stop AFTER Patterson/Jane , you get off at Hackensack. You have to pay attention to the ticker at the front of the bus….they do not stop at every stop….you have to push the button and request a stop. If you need help, like we did at first, ask the locals riding the bus, they were VERY friendly and helpful for us….by the 3rd day we had it down packed. As I said it was a bit intimidating at first but you get used to it.

Once you get off the bus, there will a little convenience store called The Pantry, on your right. You can call the hotel and they will pick you up until 11:00 pm, or you can walk back very easily…..we felt safe doing it. Cross the street and take that street right in front of you, Cornelia St., then take a left at the end, Ann St. You will see Homewood Suites, just cut through the Police parking lot and you are right there.

I hope these notes were helpful!

Enjoy your stay at Homewood Suites! I don’t think you would regret it!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank elsplace
Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Elsplace;

We are delighted to hear that you think we are a "Great Place to stay when visiting Manhattan!" We truly appreciate your review on TripAdvisor and thank you for the valuable information that you have provided for everyone else to see. We look forward to your return when traveling to our area. We thank you for your service to America.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had to stay here a week for work. The rooms were very clean and spacious, but what really impressed me was the staff. It was my first time in New Jersey and New York. Richard, Linda, and Carolina were VERY helpful with all my first time tourist questions about going into Manhattan. Better to drive or public transit? Bus or train? Gotta bus schedule? Gotta train schedule? Once I get there, how do I get back? What's the return gate for the 163 train to East Rutherford at the Port Authority Bus Terminal? Can y'all drop me off? Can y'all pick me up? Which Hop Off Hop On bus company is the best? For every question I had, the staff had an answer or a solution. I only mentioned 3 names, but the entire staff was great. Plus the breakfast and weekday dinner are very good. Saved money on eating out. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Rebel Ray;

Thank you for staying with us and reviewing us on TripAdvisor, we truly appreciate your comments. It pleases us to hear that you think we have a "Terrific Staff, & Great rooms. We will be sure to share your review with our entire staff. Again, Thank you and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Good hotel, bad location.
We picked this hotel for a MetLife event. This is not a good choice if you don't have a car. The hotel is near a highway with barely nothing around (mall next to it is a wasteland; most stores/restaurants are out of business). Free shuttle takes you 3 miles around the hotel (nope; it doesn't go to MetLife/Izod. Hotel offered a car service: $10 per person/one way). The hotel is nice inside and rooms are spacious and well equipped. But, if there's some action going on next door you will hear it, clearly. You can hear everything. The staff was so and so. Not bad, but they weren't trying too hard either. Would I choose this hotel again? Nope. I could have stayed in NYC.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear LadyOasis;

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear that you encountered difficulties with your transportation to MetLife Stadium. You are correct that our shuttle does run to within 3 miles of our hotel & that it does not service the MetLife Sports Complex. I am sorry that you were not aware of this before you arrived. We do have this information posted on our website under transportation. We do not service the MetLife Sports Complex due to the difficulties of getting in and out of the complex. I understand Wrestlemania 29 was the largest event to ever be held at the complex and they did have some issues with traffic. The car service that was offered is not affiliated with the hotel. We do recommend using them as their fee of $10 per person one way is reasonable when considering the parking fee at the stadium for most events is $25 and up. Again thank you for your comments and we would hope that you give us the opportunity to give us another try when staying in our area.

With regards,

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

The staff honesty at this hotel was terrible. #1 example I called five times during a 45 minute period for a shuttle pick up and each time Jessica would tell me the driver was five minutes away. Five minutes turned into an hour.
#2 Example. Brandon stated he tried ti pre authorize my room but I had given a invalid credit card. While waiting on connecting flight I allowed those waiting at the gate to hear Brandon's voicemail and proceed to call bank so they could hear balance on card and watch me use card. Brandon was not telling truth. The same credit card he caught on voicemail claiming it wasn't valid paid for my stay. This staff doesn't represent Hilton's integrity

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Rozier21,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor, your comments are truly appreciated. I have reviewed your comments and do have concerns. I see that you’re referred to two (2) different employees, named Jessica & Brandon. Our hotel does not have anyone employed by either name. I would like to discuss this further to make sure it was our hotel. Please feel free to contact me at 201-460-9030.

With warm Regards,