“Worth the money”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Hanover
Montreal
“Worth the money”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The hotel is a bit outdated, and has a musty smell to it but it was overall, pretty clean. Our room was clean, and so was the bathroom. The complimentary breakfast was pretty good compared to other hotels. It is worth the money and if you are travelling to NYC or Jersey City, its worth staying here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

I went to this Hotel once and will never ever go there again. The room was dark, old and dirty. When i lifted the courtain and could finally see what the room was looking like, I decided to close them immediately again and counted hours to get out. I wont come back, thats for sure.

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Guido R

Travelers are raving about these East Hanover hotels

Galloway, New Jersey
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Very old, A/C does not properly work and is very "loud". The A/C goes on and off every few minutes and never cools off the room. There are rust stains in the bath tub and the TV is ancient. I called the manager when I return home the next day and it took him 2 days to return my call. He stated that he read my comment card and went and sat in the room for 20 minutes and said there was nothing wrong with the A/C. They also leave a card on the bed and in the bathroom that if your staying more than 1 night, they do not change the linens. (the card states that they are helping the enviroment) I was not comfortable with this and did not have a comfortable night in this room. It was HOT and NOISY!!!!!!

Room Tip: My best tip is not to stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
joel h, Manager at FairBridge Hotel & Conference Center East Hanover, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
I happen to see this review shortly after it was dropped off at the desk. I decided to go to the room to determine if there was a problem with the AC unit in order to take it out of service for that evening. I admit that I sat in the room for twenty minutes in order to see if the AC acted as the guest said. The AC worked perfectly. I decided to wait to call the guest back because I wanted to have maint. check it. Maint. could not find ant fault in the unit. I decided to ask the guest who was currently staying in the room if they were experiencing any problems and they told me everything was fine. When I asked them specifically about the AC they told me it was fine. I then called the guest and told her that I sat in the room and the AC worked perfectly. No one who has been in that room before or after this guest has complained about the AC. Yes, I admit we have an environmental program in which we just don't wash linen and towels every day if the guest does not want us too. The guest has an option to leave the towels on the rack if clean, and on the floor if dirty and they want them replaced. A card can be left on the bed if they want the linen replaced. These polocies save energy, water, and prevents waste water fron entering the eco system unnecessarily. Every major hotel chain has these programs in affect.
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Filthy carpet, poor A/C unit. Small bathroom - door barely cleared toilet. TV volume set too low. Breakfast was OK. Miami Mikes seemed like a good establishment, but their oversized meatball sub was awfully bland.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

A very dirty place. The only redeeming quality is the fact that Miami Mike's is attached.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I just stayed here last night. The room smelt like moldy dust, the aircon was noisy and did not really work and the "hot" breakfast was disgusting.
To top it off the blanket on the bed had some bad looking stains on it and so did the sheets. They did come up with new sheets, fresh out the washer/dryer. The guy delivering them looked very sheepish as if this had happened on many occasions.
ABSOLUTLEY DISGUSTING!!!!!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, stay away!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Vista, CA
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I travel a LOT. I've been experimenting with trying to figure out HotWire prices on hotels I want to stay in. I've had good success doing this. I've saved a ton of cash doing so. In this case I was actually trying to get in another hotel and ended up here (still working on that hotwire deal)..

Anyway... the reviews on it were not so good, but I was committed.

Great hotel. I got my room on hotwire for about 65/night (rack is ~120 or so?).

My room was very clean, pretty spacious, quiet, pretty much everything l look for and usually get at a Marriot (where I usually stay but at a lot higher price). Best of all there is a GREAT sports bar in the bottom of this hotel. I was there during the NHL playoffs and watched a Rangers/Devils playoff game. What a blast.

Also, they are right next to a mall with a Macaroni grill, Target, Sports Authority, etc.

Highly recommend and definitely great value if you get it sub 100/night.

Finally, well located for trips to NYC with any number of train/path stations reasonably nearby.

Only down side is that they have their heater/air in those below window units which I abhor because of the noise (in this case temperature allowed me to have it off so not a problem).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Courtyard Hanover Whippany
The Madison Hotel
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 5 in Morristown

Been to FairBridge Hotel & Conference Center East Hanover? Share your experiences!