“It was fine for the price”

FairBridge Hotel & Conference Center East Hanover
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Hanover
Milford, Pennsylvania
“It was fine for the price”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The hotel needs serious updating,but it seemed clean enough. I'd think twice before staying there again. The price, however, is a compelling factor.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank AMS2315

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
los angeles, ca
Reviewed May 30, 2011

The other staff could use hospitality training. (We at least had one very helpful front desk person who was able to change our rooms on the second night.) Most of the staff much addressed complaints with indifference....like too bad, nothing we can do about that.
Had to change rooms because of smell, dust, (my colleague's room had a wet carpeted floor). The new rooms weren't too much better either. The bathtub had no functional stopper, TV remotes not working, air conditioners not functioning well, housekeeping took changed the sheets (when No sheet changed requested) took my pillow case from my personal pillow.

The bus staff in the restaurant hovers over breakfast tables and practically takes the plates while you still have a fork in your mouth.

This center caters to their event clientele at the expense of the other hotel guests.

A

Room Tip: Ask for renovated rooms.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these East Hanover hotels

USA
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Two good things about this hotel... The sports bar attached is one of the best I've ever been to and the staff were very friendly.

Everything else about this place was really disappointing. As soon as I opened the door to the room, I knew what I was in for. The smoke detector was falling off the wall, the carpet was dirty and some of the lamps didn't work. Ok, bad room? We asked to be moved and were put into a different room on the same floor. The second room was just as bad as the first room. I pulled down the bed spread to reveal a stained comforter, and little hairs and crumbs/dirt all over the sheets. Really, really not clean at all, it was disgusting. The bathroom toilet was running on it's own, the sinks leaked onto the floor, etc. Just overall bad. Everything felt old and dirty. The TV was horrible, it had a purple tint on one side of the screen and green on the other.

I won't go on with the negative comments, I just won't ever stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2011

Nice welcome...then, bedbugs! They offered to change our room, but had difficulty finding an uninfected one. We left quickly. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank revglg
ramagm, Manager at FairBridge Hotel & Conference Center East Hanover, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
I understand being upset about finding a bedbug. We ,like so many hotels,hospitals,colleges,clothing stores, movie theaters,and home owners are trying to combat this growing problem. We are faced with people from all over the world traveling with these pests in their luggage, clothing and personal belongings. We have a professional exrermination company treat sections of rooms as a preventative measure and treat every case we find in a thorough and professional manner to insure we don't have continuing problems. The incidents we have had are an extremely low percent when measured against the rooms we have rented. Our goal,like so many others is to not have any sightings. In this light I must say while you are right to be angry your comment is grossly exagerated. To say we couldn't find any rooms in the hotel that are free from bed bugs is simply not close to factual and gives the public the wrong impression. We do business with many corporations, business' , associations, and people like youself that have not had any problem.
Utica, New York
Reviewed March 19, 2011

The location was great as there were alot of good things to do in the area but the hotel is dated. I stayed for a week as a part of training for work. The night desk girl was a superstar and the van drivers were all nice. The restaurant was lousy too many options near by, no need to eat their over priced garbage.... The hotel needs a facelift... my tv was older than I am. The pitcutre quality wasnt good. The fridge and microwave were a good in room addon. The next time I am in town I will probably look else where.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Monmouth, Oregon
Reviewed February 25, 2011

The bedspreads were gross The in window heater was the loudest I have ever heard, I could even hear the TV when it went on. The conference room I worked in was the worst I have EVER seen, it was embarrassing. There wasn't a printer in the business center. The fitness room as a joke. It looks nice in their web photos but don't be fooled.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed November 20, 2010

I visited NJ for business and stayed in Ramada for a month. The room was smaller than what I expected but the service was great. For a person who does not drive in the US, their shuttles were a life saver! The breakfast was good, the room was neat and tidy, and the service was definitely one of the best that I have seen. The room did not have a kitchenette, but they gave a microwave oven on request. The hotel is located in a very nice locality with a lot of restaurants and shopping areas close by.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Courtyard Hanover Whippany
HYATT house Morristown
HYATT house Morristown
#2 of 5 in Morristown

Been to FairBridge Hotel & Conference Center East Hanover? Share your experiences!