“Not the best hibachi”

Samurai
Ranked #54 of 86 Restaurants in East Hanover
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Went there for early dinner April 17. Fairly new place, so updated and had clean restrooms. At 6:30 place was empty. No alcohol service. Had gyoza appetizer which was very good. Ordered filet minon, scallops and shrimp. Clear soup had a delicious flavor. You get shrimp appetizer, 3 shrimp. We were the only ones at table so mostly everything was on the grill at the same time. Asked for garlic on everything, three times and it barely made it on the fish/meat. Noodles weren't cooked enough and really had no flavor other than the sauces and I agree with other reviewer, they put teriyaki on everything and it ruins the flavor. You're served way too much food, you really can't eat it all at one time. Prices are comparable to other hibachi places. I don't think I'll be back. Much prefer Sakura in Parsippany, second place would be Kyoto in Florham Park or Sago in Denville.

2  Thank Parsippany1986

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We come around the East Hanover area a lot, so, when we first saw that this Japanese restaurant was opening up, we knew we would have to try it once it did. Although it's been a while since they did open, we finally managed to stop by. The interior is clean and modern, as expected from a newly opened place. They have a menu of lunch specials good for any day that offers some good deals. My dad took a few bites of the katsudon and declared that it was some of the best Japanese he had had in the area in a very long time. I enjoyed my assortment of rolls: California, Eel Avocado, and Spicy Tuna. My sister enjoyed her tempura udon, and my mom liked her assortment of sushi. We will come back for more.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Place is very pretty, Chef was entertaining. We had sushi and hibachi meals. The used teriyaki sauce in everything. The noodles, rice and meat were sweet. We've been to many Hibachi steak houses before, and never had them make their food with Teriyaki sauce. The sushi was good though. They had pop/rock music playing, not fitting the atmosphere. Wasn't horrible, but won't probably go back. Like Benihanna or Sakura better.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I went here on a Tuesday for an early dinner (4:45pm) and my friend and we sat in the sushi section. The place was as expected empty that early on. The restaurant owner ended up serving us the entire time. She was very attentive and often came by to check on us and to refill our tea during our 2.5 hour dinner. We ordered a variety of rolls and all were very good. I especially liked the Amazing Roll. The hibachi side started to get busy around 6:00 and out of hibachi 6 tables, 3 were full. The aroma coming from the grill smelled amazing. I am definitely coming back to try their hibachi meal next time. The restaurant is part of a strip mall so there aren't any issues with parking. The decor is modern and clean. Staff/owners are very friendly and seem to really want you to have a positive experience. Overall, I enjoyed my dinner and would recommend others to check it out.

1  Thank JCL-34
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great combination of Sushi and Hibachi. Went there with family, two children, 8 & 10. Hibachi was excellent, our children now want "steak" every night it was so good here. I loved the sushi, the 'special' rolls are really tasty, fresh and healthy. The service was excellent and friendly.