“Good Food But.........”

Dining options: Reservations
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
“Good Food But.........”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We decided to stop in Saturday for dinner at 5pm, what a pleasant surprise. My wife & I both enjoyed our meals. The dinners did not come with a salad and I believe a side salad was $4.50 extra. A couple things we noticed we thought were odd. Instead of the waiter coming up to your table to take your order, he would talk to you from half way across the room. To be honest, we were not sure if he was talking to us or the party next to us. He was very unprofessional when taking our order. This may sound weird but, the door in the men’s bathroom if not locked, will bang directly into when using the sink. What a very strange bathroom design. There is a toilet and a urinal and more than one person could enter. Word of advice from someone who got banged in the elbow with the door, lock it when using the sink.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank RRanella

Portland, Oregon
“Wonderful food, great service”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We ate at this restaurant for both lunch and dinner while in the area. We had the same waiter both times. He was really good at taking care of our group of six people. The food was delicious and had good flavors. I had a chicken dish prepared gluten free that was really good. The restaurant does not have wine. We did not know this and were disappointed at dinner when we weren't able to order a nice barbara to go with our food. You can bring your own bottle in and I recommend this.

At lunch I had soup with the meal. It was very delicious. The lunch was an amazing value and included soup, entree and dessert.

I found the bathroom to be one of the very cleanest in a restaurant that I ever was in. It really struck me when I walked in. I noticed it right away and inspected more closely. In fact, the found the whole restaurant to be very clean including the cutlery and glasses. If the kitchen is as clean as everything else, then I feel really good about eating there.

You need to climb a flight of stairs to get up to this place. There is an elevator somewhere although we did not try that out.

We liked this place well enough to go back for a second meal. I can definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Llamabb
Vernon, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Italian Restaurant in New Jersey”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Absolutely love Breanna's. Whether we dine there as a family or as a couple for lunch or dinner, the service is excellent, the food is outstanding, the atmosphere is exceptional and the décor is very tastefully done. I am partial to the steak special; the most tender and juicy cut, but the shrimp scampi and eggplant rollatini are out of this world. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank MegGerm
Reading, England
“Hopefully a one-off experience...”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I went to Breanna's alone on Mothers' Day, so my experience might not have been typical, but here goes anyway. I checked the menu on their website, and arrived around 7pm to a full restaurant, and was told the kitchen had closed at 6pm, but the server asked the chef if they could fit me in, and as I was alone, they found me a table in a corner. So far so good. Then I found out it's 'bring your own bottle'. No big deal but I wish I'd known! I was given a special Mothers' Day menu which was clearly more expensive than what I'd seen on the website. I ordered the swordfish, expecting something exciting, but it came served with roast potatoes, carrots and french beans, and didn't appear to have been freshly cooked. Then it dawned on me that they had seen me as a way of getting $40 for something which would otherwise have been thrown away. My server did ask my opinion, and responded with polite concern, but sadly, I came away disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
NJ
“80's decor meets fresh Italian food”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I've passed by Breanna's on multiple occasions but never had the opportunity to dine here. The restaurant is situated off of RT 10, a very busy highway, in a depressed strip mall. The staff upon entering was extremely hospitable and friendly.

The decor is very 80's and in need of a major spruce up. It wouldn't even take much to make this place shine-new chairs, paint on wall, paintings, dark ceiling, and it would really change the look of this place. Even the music was a bit of a drag.

The food was average to good, depended on what you ordered. The swordfish special was awesome, no complaints there but pasta sauce was very runny. Apps were also good.

Service was 5 stars, exceptional. Food cost was very affordable given the area.

• Visited April 2013