“Very basic but very good”

Motel 6 East Brunswick
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in East Brunswick
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Very basic but very good”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Front staff (Myrna) was very pleasant and efficient. The motel is basic with no frills which worked for me. Vey clean and mostly quiet. Will stay there again. You may want to get a room in the front where it's not subject to truck engines. And there's no refrigerator in the rooms with only a first floor ice machine. Still a good value.....

Room Tip: Get one in the front
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Plymouth MA
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I used to drive from my home in MA to my home in FL each year and back; for many years. I sold the FL house last year and no longer make that commute. However, I had occasion to drive to Pinehurst NC and back again, last week. So, given my pleasant experience each year with the Motel 6 in East Brunswick NJ, I made arrangements to stay there again, going to and fro.

I'm pleased to say that I did not regret that decision. As always, my room was clean and neat and the staff friendly and helpful. Given that often things change, I felt it important that I give a recent update!

The rooms are sparsely furnished, but in good condition and very clean and neat, and given that the hotel is quite near the City, the price is excellent!!! Further, while this time I traveled without my dogs, they still accommodate pets and have more than adequate exercise areas.

I suggest you get a room at the rear...115, 116, 117, and the like. This way the rooms face only the small parking lot and a nice line of trees. That area is, however a non-smoking area. However the rooms on the first floor have a good-sized over hang, creating a porch-like situation. A friend who smokes stopped by, and was able to simply take out a chair and enjoy a cigarette under the over hang!

There is also an Asian buffet within walking distance, and the food there is still good!

Overall the value is excellent and I'm pleased to say that it is still and great place to stay for the money!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank chs32696
Blado A, General Manager at Motel 6 East Brunswick, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Motel 6 East Brunswick NJ #1083.

We strive to deliver an excellent guest experience and I am happy to hear we did just that during your recent and previous stay.

We have a great team that takes pride in their everyday duties and show their Heart for Service with every guest they encounter,

Thank you once again, your comments have been shared with the staff, it has served as encouragement and motivation to stay consistant with every guest experience.
Wallkill, New York
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was greeted by Guest Service Rep Semy Jeff SaintFlorant upon check-in. He was extremely helpful, friendly and I would rate my first impression at the front desk as Great. The lobby was clean and there was a room right off the lobby with ice, vending machines and washer and dryer for laundry. It was so nice to find a facility (if I needed it) offering me the opportunity to do my laundry. After reading some of the negative reviews on Tripadvisor I was wondering what the room would be like.

When I got into my room it was clean, looked completely renovated and for the price, a nice surprise compared to other venues and some of the reviews. Motel 6 is know as a place to stay with no major frills. I wasn't expecting some of the amenities I've gotten from higher priced lodging establishments but once again, I was surprised. A wall mounted HD television, enough towels and pillows, nice beds and fresh linens.

When I travel the room is just for sleeping, catching up on my email, taking a shower and not much else. After all, it isn't home. Some of the reviews mentioned a hair or two on a tub or near a towel. Gee, I've found those in $500 a night establishments. I don't expect housekeeping staff to go over every inch of the room with magnifying glasses.

I also laughed when I read the review about this motel not having a particular news channel carrying "real news" as part of their cable offerings. I don't get HBO at home and was glad to be able to watch a show I can't usually access at home. I am not addicted to any particular news channel and if I was, I certainly could wait until I got home to watch "real news."

All-in-all, a pleasant experience, plenty of accessible parking, friendly staff, clean room, nice TV, an updated bathroom, comfortable bed, heater worked, a table, couple of chairs, quiet and even more surprising, more than enough open electrical outlets if I needed them. I didn't need to plug things in behind the bed or in a remote corner of the room.

A+ review for this location. I'm glad I didn't listen to any of the negative reviews. Everything worked, I had a good night's sleep and no complaints. It would have been nice if Motel 6 could have stopped the rain and maybe I should have complained about that. Maybe I should have complained that a couple of stray hairs didn't jump on to my bald head.

Room Tip: I like the ground floor rooms because there is no elevator and as someone with a disability, I was g...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Blado A, General Manager at Motel 6 East Brunswick, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Hello Sir, Thank you very much for the nice comments on the hotel and the staff. The staff takes pride in caring for their guests and the hotel. We are very pleased that you will recommend the hotel to others. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to East Brunswick.
Gloucester, Virginia
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have been staying here for 10+ years. It started when I traveled with my dog and continues. It's a little hard to find, you have to do one of those special Jersey lefts where you actually get off to the right on a clover leaf. [The magic word is Edgeboro.] The renovation of the lobby has been going on the entire time I've been going there, but...

But it is always clean, the heat works and the front desk kids are just so nice they give me faith in our nation's young people. They always have a smile for me in the wee hours after I pull of of the Jersey Pike, grouchy from hours of driving in bad weather. And they smilingly send me on my way to the Garden State in the morning. So I will continue to stay there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank WomanWhoWeaves
Blado A, Manager at Motel 6 East Brunswick, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Motel 6 East Brunswick 1083.

Your feedback will be shared with the team to serve as recognition and encouragement; as we strive to continuously improve our guest experience.

Baltimor,md
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Very clean truck parking great
All around the board great and there no words to discribe how ms Mayra took great care of me and the other guest thank you ms Mayra Tuba for the great hospitality I shore will be coming back,have a blessed weekend.
Lamont joyner from Baltimore ,md

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Montysings
Blado A, General Manager at Motel 6 East Brunswick, responded to this review, April 12, 2014

Columbia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here this past Saturday night. The motel was very clean. Bed linens fresh and clean. Floors were clean. Everyone at motel was so nice and polite and helpful. Will definitely stay here again on my next trip to this part of Jersey.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Jennifer E

Pullman, Washington
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We used the AARP discount, which includes free Internet. It was clean and simple. Kind of an interesting mix of Scandinavian design with simple, inexpensive furnishing. The tile floor was clean and we didn't need to be concerned about what dirt, germs or bacteria were growing in the carpet. It was quiet. There was free coffee in the morning but no breakfast. Finding the hotel at night was a little challenge.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Holiday Inn Express Tower Center
Holiday Inn Express Tower Center
#2 of 7 in East Brunswick
The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Motel 6 East Brunswick? Share your experiences!