“Worst place ever!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Motel 6 East Brunswick
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in East Brunswick
“Worst place ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

to stay@ the Motel6 which is right next to studio 6 in eastbrunswick New Jersey.The rooms are out dated always has a weird smell to them...One of the last times I stayed me and my girl checked in.. get to the room and the bath tub is all rusty which looked like paint chips in them..I tell the maid and she tells me its nothing its just.old.Really? I couldn't tell!..So I go to the front counter ask if we could get another room..This chubby dude with glasses who looked miserable gave horrible customer service.. He gives us a new room didn't get sleep that nite bunch of ignorant people few rooms down yelling screaming fightiing all nite.. There was about 5 Of them 4 guys one girl..Nobody working at the hotel did anything..There was also people in the parking Lott screaming yelling as well hanging out..this went on to about 7am....It is a very trashy place..I reccomand people never never never stay there..Your better off sleeping In your car..This is the most unprofessional establishment I ever stayed at.. The staffs number one thing should be providing a secure safe environment....I should have wrote this review a long time ago..But its better late than never hopefully I stopped some of you from staying spread the word..It was like staying @ a crack house not to be funny.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank JEREZ201

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Plymouth MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I'd written an excellent review of this motel back in 2010; the first time I'd stayed there. I was so FAVORABLY impressed that I made it the place I stay EVERY year going to and returning from, my place in FL. I commute down there from MA and back again each year and each year I stay in this Motel!

I returned to MA in May of 2012 and again, stayed in this motel. Again, my room was clean, the staff was accommodating and the rooms are very accessible. There is also a covered porch area right outside my room, so I can sit outside if I want. I've now stayed in this Motel SIX TIMES. I have never, ever, had a problem here and the price is always right. Further, there is a very nice buffet-type restaurant nearby and I can load up and take the food back to my room!

I say this again...I don't understand the poor reviews. I HAVE NEVER HAD A BAD STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Rooms on the other side, away from the side where the office is are much quieter and have a nice cov...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Shannon, Québec, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I checked in room 247 with my 3 daughters. I open the bed sheets, so we do not to sit on the comforter. My daughter points out to me body hairs on the sheets and bugs. There was also a soil face cloth under the bed. I went to the registration office and I told the clerk that I wanted to get reimburse and wanted to leave. There were other clients at the counter at the moment. The clerk didn't ask why I wanted to leave and hurry up to reimburse me. She had me signed a couple sheets of paper. I'm sure she knew there were bed bugs and she didn't want me to say it aloud in front of other clients.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Sylvie B

Travelers are raving about these East Brunswick hotels

North Syracuse, New York, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

My stay at motel 6 in NJ was by far the most disgusting, outdated and filthy that I've ever experienced. Upon our check in at 2:30AM there appeared to be potentially prostitutes/drug dealers/etc. They had 4 African American men standing guard outside the room doors, a car pulled up to us as we were taking out our baggage and rolled down window trying to hand us money and the men at the room yelled down to them and told them to come to him. We opened door, locked it and have never been so petrified in our lives, no one slept because we were so scared, I was afraid to call police or front desk for fear of retaliation of us out of townies. The Toilet made a loud screeching noise every 20 minutes or so. There where patched holes in walls and all doors from what looked like punch holes. The air conditioning in our room was very weak and didn't cool our room at all. We would have left but were tired from long drive and scared of the drug dealers next to us. I have pictures of the nasty filth that wasn't cleaned from the shower and the long black wavy hair found in our towels, wash clothes and what appeared to me pubic hair on the sheets what made me think linen wasn't changed, so we slept on top blanket.DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU VALUE YOUR SELF

Room Tip: Keep driving and find a better place to stay!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Vicki F
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

The "Good News"...
This Motel 6 is less than an hour south of NYC and about the closest lodging to the little town of Milltown, NJ. Those of you who now my standards, my ratings are NOT on the amount of amenities nor the plushness of a place. Rather the ratings are on the criteria of how Clean, Functional, Safe, Comfortable, and Affordable is the lodging, and based upon those, this property was a surprisingly GOOD find. Being a relatively close suburb of the New York Metro area, rates tend to be higher than other areas. This one, however, should get you a night for about $50 (taxes included), and a surprisingly clean room. The room looked virtually new on every level: carpets, walls, cielings, beds, bathroom, etc. It was truly a simple place: 2 small bars of soap in the bathroom, a small TV but with 29 cable channels, including HBO, and the older style/sized smaller towels, though very clean and functional. This is a good base line place to get a night's rest...it's not a "resort property". The folks at the front desk were very friendly. The area was clean and safeand parking plentiful.
The "Down Side".......
My particular complaint with virtually ALL Motel 6's, is that WiFi is an added charge ($3 per day). And while this overall property was actually quite good, getting to it off of Hwy 18 in East Brunswick is a really strange set of turns. Chances are you will miss how to get in there (it does NOT have a direct access from Hwy 18, even though the property sits directly onto that road), so call ahead, or use your GPS...and STILL be ready to make some wrong turns! I stayed on the 2nd floor (Rm# 250), and there is no elevator in the building, so just be aware if that is important to you.
CONCLUSION -
All in all, this is a good place for an overnight if you are passing through on your travels...and certainly affordable, especially in this market.
So off we go again...be well until next time...and I'll see you on the road! - HatMan Geno

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HatManGeno
Bahia de Los Angeles, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

I don't know why people complain about this place so much and what they expect for $50?! This hotel is perfectly serviceable and clean for an overnight or two. Nothing special, but less than an hour outside NYC and very close to NJ Turnpike. I don't consider paying $2.99 for Wifi a "rip off." Very convenient.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ctbeachbm
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

They charge you $55 a night for a room, that really isn't that nice to start with and than want to charge you extra for WIFI. They rent out parking spaces and there is very little parking spaces for big trucks anyways. If you are not to tired than keep driving and find your self a better hotel.

Room Tip: GO any where else. You will get a better room in another hotel Really!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Express Tower Center
#2 of 7 in East Brunswick
Hilton East Brunswick Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Motel 6 East Brunswick? Share your experiences!