Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick
GreenLeadersSilver level
Savoy, IL
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Good hotel overall, no major complaints. Everything fairly new and updated. Room size was adequate but not large. Bathroom also nice, but shower made an annoying high-pitched whine. Did have microwave and fridge which was nice (even though we didn't use them).

Location was OK, but not a lot of food options nearby. Only thing in walking distance is a restaurant and sports bar about 1/4 mile walk up the hill next door to the lobby of the Hilton.

Breakfast area was large, but didn't have any gravy for the biscuits! Gotta have my biscuits and gravy! :)

Overall a good choice. Takes a lot to get 5 stars out of me.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The rooms and facilities at the Holiday Inn Express in East Brunswick are modern, up to date, comfortable and easy to use. The staff is very friendly, smiling and greeting me whenever I encountered them. The staff is also knowledgeable about the hotel and area and able to assist me with all questions. The only downside to this property is its inaccessibility to restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

On February 9 my wedding ring "disappeared" from my room. I had to take my husband to a doctor and was away from the room less than 3 hours. When I returned to the room my ring was gone. Yes I should have used the safe but the hotel staff should not take items that do not belong to them. I reported the incident to the front desk and the person I spoke with was apologetic but offered no assistance whatsoever. When I orginally posted this review, the hotel management response was not true. I was not taken down to the laundry room to look for my ring. In fact, the front desk clerk did not even offer to contact the police. I asked the maid if I could look through the trash on her cart. I asked if I could look through the sheets but was told they were already in the laundry. I was never given any opportunity to go to the laundry room to look through the laundry. I had the maid empty out the vacuum cleaner bag so I could look through the stuff collected. No one at the front desk ever contacted me about this matter during the rest of our stay. I had to request the phone number for the police department and that took the front desk clerk almost 10 minutes to provide. As mentioned in my earlier review, my husband is a platinum elite member but will be no longer but utilizing IHG properties. I would hope that the person or persons who had access to my room have been terminated, however given the last totally false response from the manager of this facility, nothing has happened and guest property will continue to be at risk in this facility.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank marshabhvl
NY_BobbyS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear marshabhvl:

As we previously mentioned (in your prior review and our mgmt response), we are saddened that you have lost your ring.

The staff tried helping you as much as possible (housekeeping, mgt, and laundry). As you mentioned, the police were called so you could make your police report. Safes are provided in every room and it is always suggested that guests utilize these.

Your situation was already discussed at a previous staff meeting, and we will share your review (and further comments) are our next one.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The good thing about national chains is that they pretty much follow the same pattern. This was no exception, every thing worked was clean and comfortable, everything in place. The only bad side , and not the fault of the hotel, was that it snowed overnight and the hotel is next to a park and ride garage so plows were working through the night. Pleasant check in, and check out.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Stoped on a trip to south carolina from montreal

Clean hotel . Staff excellent . Nice pool . Breakfast was awsome

This hotel has high standard of cleanliness .

Bed comfortable lots of pillow nice smell
Bathroom clean
Fridge and coffee machine

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
NY_BobbyS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear danielcouture78:

Thank you for your great comments about our hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The bed was comfortable and that is an important part of your stay when you have to work the next day. The staff were extremely helpful. The breakfast was possibly the worst I have ever experienced, anywhere, to date. Plastic food and no variety. In general the hotel is very tired and worn down. There is no bar/ lounge etc. Instead if you want to eat, you have to call a take away. I did that and couldnt eat what I received. The guys at the front desk however, are very cheerful and helpful indeed. I wouldnt return but then I dont know what else is available in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Morrovalle
NYC_BS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Morrovalle:

Thank you for your great comments about our friendly and cheerful staff, along with the great nights sleep you received on our comfortable bed.

With regard to the lack of a bar/lounge at our hotel, as we are a Holiday Inn Express brand-hotel, we wouldn't have those services. You can walk from our hotel to the Sports Bar/Lounge and the Cafe Restaurant within 3 mins (both located in the Hilton next door).

Now that you are aware of the dining/drinking establishments walking distance from our hotel, we hope you consider staying with us again in the future.

Thank you.
nj
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I have stayed here several times recently and on almost all occasions not only do I NOT get my upgrade but I am told it is management not wanting to give you a nicer room. Despite regular visits as we use this hotel for business guests I can say they don't appreciate anything or anyone.
Edna has the personality and charm of a gorilla. I can say other staff are great but at her mercy such as Jorge made me welcomed.

Hotel is nothing special and only convenient

Actually the last visit the bathroom sink had so much mold and mildew it should have been condemned. The toilet seat was yellow from all the urine not cleaned. After being told no other rooms that night they have the nerve to offer a few lousy points! Shame Shame on the manager here

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Rich W
NY_BobbyS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Rich W:

I am sorry you didn't have a positive stay at our hotel. The management of the hotel has a generous policy of upgrading all Gold/Platinum IHG Rewards club members to our suites, so I am surprised that this didn't occur, if you are at one of those levels.

We will share your comments with Edda and the staff to ensure that this doesn't occur in the future.

Thank you.
Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
#1 of 4 in New Brunswick
The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center
Days Hotel Conference Center East Brunswick

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick? Share your experiences!