Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Studio 6 East Brunswick(East Brunswick)
View Hotel
Motel 6 East Brunswick(East Brunswick)
Comfort Suites(East Brunswick)
  • Bar/Lounge
Global Inn(Edison)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnj turnpikefront deskpancake makertower centernew brunswickroom was cleancinnamon rollsfree internetbus stationhard boiled eggswould stay againnice poolmicrowave and fridgethe breakfast areavery pleasant stayexcellent breakfastyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed at the hotel with my partner for 8 nights. Things that impressed me about my stay includes:
- Friendly and efficient check in staff
- Maintained and clean appearance of all facilities
- Clean rooms, well equipped and included all amenities
- Complimentary breakfast and internet

The hotel is located close to Route 1 and the NJ turnpike, which is very convenient. The New Brunswick train station is also close.

Do not expect a spectacular breakfast. The fitness center is also very basic.
I would stay here again, as it is very affordable and conveniently located.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I know a lot of business travelers look for a place to just sleep for cheap, but it's nice when a hotel had just a few little things that make biz travel more tolerable. This one doesn't.

Internet connection slow. Workout room poor at best. One treadmill and a dated multi function weight system. Food, Below average for HI's. I drink coffee black of its good and this machine was out of calibration or their provider is bad. The hard boiled eggs were just nasty.

I won't go on anymore, but I would not recommend this location even though the staff was very pleasant.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
NY_BobbyS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear JabbTraveler,

Thank you for your positive review of our staff and staff services offered. I am personally disappointed that your stay wasn't as positive as your thoughts about our staff. I have shared your comments with all departments involved.

As you noted, you shan't be staying with us, so if you are in the area again, we do recommend the Hilton and Hyatt hotels are great properties for your next stay.

Thank you.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I visited this area of NJ from CT to attend a concert at the Starland Ballroom. I used tripadvisor to find a nice place to stay in the area and stayed here as it was rated the best. I was not dissappointed.

First of all I will mention that it was very reasonably priced and it was nicely located off the main road but near the highway.

It was quiet (I couldn't hear the highway from inside) and clean. The room had a fridge and microwave, free WIFI and free showtime movie channels.

They served breakfast until 10am, which contained the usual cereal, muffins, sausage, bacon, eggs, a pancake making machine and juice . In addition, I was surprised to find crossaints, danishes and hot cinnamon rolls.

The attendants were kind and helpful. The service was good. Everything was as I expected. I was very happy.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor but would suggest being higher, although it only has 4 floors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express except that every room has a mini-fridge and microwave. I found the facility to be clean, well-run and quiet. The mattresses were a little soft for my liking but I slept fine. I am a Priority Club member and my reservation was ready and waiting for me and check-in took less than 2 minutes and I was on my way to my room. As a Priority Club member, I was given a box containing water, cookies and other munchies to go to my room with me. The room was modern, clean and inviting.

This hotel has easy access from the NJ Turnpike, but it is a very busy exit and gets jammed up during rush hour. The intersecting roads in this area can make actually getting to the hotel a little tricky but be careful and you will be OK. The hotel is tucked behind a large office building complex and although in close proximity to the turnpike my room was very quiet. There isn't any restaurants within walking distance but the front desk has a good selection of places that will deliver to the hotel. There are some good restaurants within 10 minutes driving time if you want to brave the traffic.

The breakfast buffet was again the typical HI Express breakfast buffet but all the food was fresh and the attendant was right there to help you with anything. Don't go here for the view, there is a huge multi-story parking garage looking out the back side of the hotel and the front side gives you a view of the small parking lot and the NJ Turnpike. You can go here for a good nights sleep when you find yourself in this area.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are probably the quietest but you are looking out at a parking garage but there aren't any good views from the hotel anyway.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had six people in our party. One person made the reservation for three rooms but she didn't have my rewards card number at the time. When I arrived I wanted to add my rewards points. Iwas told that I should go on line later and add them myself. I asked the clerk to look up my name and add them while I was there. He reluctantly did it. This hotel has a reasonable rate on weekends and a good location just off the toll road. The room was clean and quiet. The breakfast was average. The pool has a sign saying it closes at 9 PM. That excluded us from using it the first night by the time we got back from dinner. Our group did a 30 mile hike the next day. We were looking forward to the pool afterwards. We arrived at the hotel a few minutes after 9 PM and asked about using he pool. We were told there was no exception. Well gee it's not like they were going to clean the pool at 915 PM that night! So we had to wait until the next morning at 7 AM to use the pool. There were no pool towels though. We went to the front desk and reported it. There were two people at the desk who heard us. We stayed in the pool about 20 minutes and no towels were delivered. We used the pool phone to call the front desk and no one answered the phone. We were about to go to our rooms wringing wet when someone finally came with only four towels. There was no apology or explanation. Why were they rationing the towels? The people at the front desk could use some serious customer service training.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Hoosiermomma76:

Thank you for your review. We will discuss your comments at the next staff meeting.
As noted, the hours of the pool are 7am to 9pm. Since there are sleeping rooms over the indoor heated pool, we want to ensure a quiet and sound sleep for guests staying in those rooms.

The hours are stated for all guests and I am sorry they didn't work for your schedule.

Once again, thank you for your comments.