“Hop skip and a Jump off the NJ Turnpike” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Express Tower Center
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in East Brunswick
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Hop skip and a Jump off the NJ Turnpike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

We just stayed at this delightful hotel for 3 nights and compared to its competition up the road where we previously stayed it was no contest.
Attentive staff, clean rooms, delightful indoor pool and FREE internet, parking and breakfast.
Shopping and dining is varied and available within a 5 minute driving radius.
A great place to stop and rest and get refreshed.
Even though it is located just off the turnpike exit there were no intrusive sounds.

Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Stayed in a first floor suite facing the highway and all was quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ocean City, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

I do alot of traveling for business and recently stayed at Holiday Inn Express in East Brunswick,N.J. I was very pleased at the way they tooked care of me,the staff couldn't do enough for me,they made me very comfortable'
I would like to thank the staff, and the person in charge Edda Arata for outstanding treatment. Sincerly Frank .

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank frankiethek
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

When I arrived to my room and began doing some late night paperwork in preparation for my business meeting the following day I smelled an unusual sour smell. I kept working and tried to put it out of my mind, I knew that my clothes were all freshly cleaned prior to my one night trip to New Jersey.
Very tired after a long grueling day of travel I went to bed in my clean pajamas.
In the morning I awoke to take a quick shower and finish preparations for my late morning meeting.
Upon returning from the shower I suddenly noticed that the bottom sheet on my bed was smeared with excrement stains.
In shock I went to report this finding to the front desk. The attended was clearly at a loss for words, offering no response whatsoever. I asked for manager and was told that Ms. Arrata had not yet arrived but would contact me in my room when she did.
When she did call, I explained my finding and her response was "So?"
I said, "OK so excrement in your beds is nothing unusual?"
She said she would come to the room to take a look.
I was totally shocked that When she arrived viewed the badly soiled sheets she gave no apology whatsoever. Rather than taking ownership of the situation (like a professional manager) she became defensive and went into a denial of the situation lamely trying to defend her cleaning person as being her "very best."
She tried to explain that the stains appeared old and dried out....I couldn't follow her logic and in fact became more frustrated by her lack of professionalism and inability to deal with my situation.
She then advised me that there was, "Nothing I can do to help you as you booked your room through Expedia."

I was stunned. Not only did she fail to address the situation but she was trying to deflect the problem to a totally uninvolved third party. Real class! This is a Manager?" Unbelievable!!
I responded by telling her that I will take the entire situation up with the Holiday Inn Corporate offices.
At that point she told me that I need to phone Expedia in order to have them contact her to address the situation.To me this was totally incorrect way of handling my situation as Expedia had nothing to do with the problem. I had very little time so I called Expedia. Placing me on hold, Expedia called Ms Arrata. They came back on line telling me that she offered me a 50% discount on my room. I refused to accept this ridiculous offer. I was placed again on hold. After 10 more minutes the Expedia agent came back to advise me that she now was offering a full refund conditional on my "signing something."
She presented me with a piece of paper upon which she had scribbled, "I will not contact Holiday Inn." She matter of factly explained that she has guests sign such agreements "All the time."
I told her there was no way I was signing anything. It was clearly a very unprofessional attempt at self protection.

The more that I think about horrible experience, the more I think that it would be an injustice to any potential future guests not to publicly share this experience.

I give this hotel one star as zero stars is not an available choice!

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
15 Thank Mark L
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

The hotel is located just off the NJ turnpike, if you have a car finding the hotel is as easy as it gets. There is a bus station with service to Manhattan, just near the hotel, making a trip to Manhattan an easy one.
The hotel feels new. Rooms are clean and very comfortable. Breakfast is included, and is a standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast. The staff was very friendly and were glad to help whenever needed. There is also a small indoor pool, that is almost always empty and feels like a private pool :)
I stayed with my son for eight nights at the hotel, and couldn't find a downside at this hotel, definately worth the money (under 100$ per night).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

The place was beautiful, clean, great breakfast, and nice pool. The ONLY issue would be our room was stuffy because we did not figure out that the controls to the a/c (the window unit was on but just blowing room air and that is not where to control it) were on the wall mount and you had to flip it up to turn it on and set it properly. We had got there very late and did not call downstairs to get help so slept in a stuffy room. Other than that, it was a wonderful stay and would definately go there again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

From what I've read, there's a shortage of hotels in this area (North New Jersey) for under $100 that are actually inhabitable. This is certainly one of them. Nice, new, clean and safe, with a very helpful and friendly front desk staff.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

I was at the hotel for 23 days working at a nearby power plant. I was very happy with my room (King Size Suite). The staff was always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
#2 of 4 in New Brunswick
Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tower Center? Share your experiences!