When I arrived to my room and began doing some late night paperwork in preparation for my business meeting the following day I smelled an unusual sour smell. I kept working and tried to put it out of my mind, I knew that my clothes were all freshly cleaned prior to my one night trip to New Jersey.
Very tired after a long grueling day of travel I went to bed in my clean pajamas.
In the morning I awoke to take a quick shower and finish preparations for my late morning meeting.
Upon returning from the shower I suddenly noticed that the bottom sheet on my bed was smeared with excrement stains.
In shock I went to report this finding to the front desk. The attended was clearly at a loss for words, offering no response whatsoever. I asked for manager and was told that Ms. Arrata had not yet arrived but would contact me in my room when she did.
When she did call, I explained my finding and her response was "So?"
I said, "OK so excrement in your beds is nothing unusual?"
She said she would come to the room to take a look.
I was totally shocked that When she arrived viewed the badly soiled sheets she gave no apology whatsoever. Rather than taking ownership of the situation (like a professional manager) she became defensive and went into a denial of the situation lamely trying to defend her cleaning person as being her "very best."
She tried to explain that the stains appeared old and dried out....I couldn't follow her logic and in fact became more frustrated by her lack of professionalism and inability to deal with my situation.
She then advised me that there was, "Nothing I can do to help you as you booked your room through Expedia."
I was stunned. Not only did she fail to address the situation but she was trying to deflect the problem to a totally uninvolved third party. Real class! This is a Manager?" Unbelievable!!
I responded by telling her that I will take the entire situation up with the Holiday Inn Corporate offices.
At that point she told me that I need to phone Expedia in order to have them contact her to address the situation.To me this was totally incorrect way of handling my situation as Expedia had nothing to do with the problem. I had very little time so I called Expedia. Placing me on hold, Expedia called Ms Arrata. They came back on line telling me that she offered me a 50% discount on my room. I refused to accept this ridiculous offer. I was placed again on hold. After 10 more minutes the Expedia agent came back to advise me that she now was offering a full refund conditional on my "signing something."
She presented me with a piece of paper upon which she had scribbled, "I will not contact Holiday Inn." She matter of factly explained that she has guests sign such agreements "All the time."
I told her there was no way I was signing anything. It was clearly a very unprofessional attempt at self protection.
The more that I think about horrible experience, the more I think that it would be an injustice to any potential future guests not to publicly share this experience.
I give this hotel one star as zero stars is not an available choice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently situated off the NJ Turnpike and close to downtown, we're near many of the top businesses and attractions in East Brunswick, NJ. The hotel's prime locale and hospitality make the Holiday Inn Express® Hotel & Suites Tower Center New Brunswick a wonderful place to stay. Corporate guests find working here a joy since the hotel's location near the New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center enables them to attend meetings effortlessly. They can also host their own events in the 400-sq-ft conference room and prepare with free wireless HSIA and a 24-hour Business Center, which are always reliable so you can relax. Enjoyable attractions are easy to find in East Brunswick, NJ. The hotel's property is four miles from Rutgers State University where you can stroll around the beautiful Rutgers Gardens or see Miles Davis's trumpet at the Institute of Jazz Studies. The hotel's location near the New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center means guests can easily attend special events. Six Flags Great Adventure and Princeton University make great day trips, too. You can feel your stress melt away as you unwind in the heated, indoor pool or keep up your workout regimen in the Fitness Center with a 32-inch HDTV. Each morning, patrons can also sample a variety of delicious items from the free, hot Express Start Breakfast Bar. Call today for a lovely, stress-free Garden State experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Tower Hotel East Brunswick
- Holiday Inn East Brunswick
- Holiday Inn Express Center
- East Brunswick Holiday Inn