“Mediocre”
Review of House Of Cupcakes

House Of Cupcakes
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

The shop is cute and has a convenient location. When I walked in, I was able to see all cupcakes on display, and they were displayed very well. The shop was nice, but nothing special. I've been to other cupcake shops and this one isn't any different.
Cupcakes: I've tasted a few at a family member's graduation party and enjoyed the ones I tasted. That is what led me to the shop. I decided to try the banana and was not pleased. It was loaded with an artificial taste. My daughter tried their winning cupcake, the chocolate expresso, which was not appetizing. So far, my favorite has been their red velvet cupcake. (I think it's because of the cream cheese icing.)
The icing on most of the cupcakes can be overwhelming and too sweet.
(I know people have to cut corners to make money, but I think they would do a lot better if they would improve the quality of their ingredients.)

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I love house of cupcakes! I'm really surprised that this didn't get better reviews. I brought my nieces here (they live in cherry hill) and every time I visit them they ask me to bring them more cupcakes. I even had a pull apart cupcake birthday cake which was a big hit at my party, adults and all.

* The cake * absolutely delicious! Most and soft and airy all at the same time. It also always has the exact flavor that it states ex: pink lemonade taste exactly like pink lemonade
* the icing * I'm not really a fan of icing. This icing is def particularly sweet - much to sweet fore. This is why I took the one star off.

Atmosphere : modern, cupcake shop. Cute, nothing too special, bit def a step up from the Princeton location. I did notice the owners sitting in the corner observing people's reaction.

I will def continue to come both here and the Princeton location, depending on what I'm doing that day.

My only suggestion is to make the icing less sweet, or use less icing on certain cupcakes.

* Boston Creme * always a hit
* red velvet * my nieces favorite
* cappuccino crunch * my favorite

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stopped by this place in June, hoping to try out the cupcakes everyone had been raving about. We spent around $3 and change for 6 cupcakes, which we proceeded to eat a few minutes later. The Boston Creme was alright, but the Dulce de Leche was a letdown, as were the other four unmemorable ones we tasted. There was too much icing for so little cupcake. The icing to cupcake ratio had to be turned way down, as did the sugar to everything else ratio. We ended up with a pile of uneaten icing on the side.
As someone who used to live in the Princeton area, I've tried the cupcakes at the original House of Cupcakes, which weren't nearly as bad as the ones I tried at the East Brunswick location. Bad experience at this one; I do not recommend them at all.

2  Thank Sophie C
Reviewed July 19, 2013

finally a cupcake place in east brunswick!!!
ive been waiting for this place to open up for some time now.
cupcakes are great. apparently the owners were on food network for cupcake wars. ive never seen them there but they do have other locations.
anyway on to the cupcakes.. they are amazing. so many different flavors to choose and they also make cupcake pull apart cakes. very moist and the fillings and icings are not overly sugary.
they are a bit pricey. about $3 for an average sized cupcake that u wud make at home.
my favorite was the chocolate chip cookie dough and almond joy!!!!
everyone is super nice and very helpful. the place is small but its nice and cold. they also offer coffee and juices. because u will definitely get thirsty after eating cupcakes.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I wish they would open one of these store in long island city! I packed 1 dozen for the road. the mint Chocolate chip was my favorate. I also enjoyed the hazelnut.