“Slipping is Right!”
Review of Blue Water Seafood

Blue Water Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Great fresh seafood and great service.
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Slipping is Right!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I don't normally take time to write reviews for a restaurant, I just won't go back, but my last and final encounter with Blue Water Seafood in East Brunswick, left me with no choice but to write and let others know what not to experience. I have lived in East Brunswick for quite some time and frequent this restaurant, however you ask if they are slipping? The answer is they are SLIDING! I went for dinner with my wife and everything from the way we were greeted, or rather not greeted, to the food, service and disregard for customers left me wondering what in the world was going on. Well the answer was quite obvious...They have new owners, a pompous man who stands and watches over like he is trying to intimated his employees, but appears to know little or nothing about running a restaurant. The quality of food is noticeably different, and the service is more like a diner than a restaurant costing $40-$50 per person (with no liquor!). After finishing our less than mediocre meal, we asked for the bill and when we tried to pay using a gift card we received for the holidays, we were told they were no longer accepting gift cards! HOLD ON! You are operating under the same name, same address, same telephone number, nothing has changed, and you won't accept my gift card that states all your information? When asked for an explanation rude is not even the world to describe how they spoke to me and my wife. I was embarrassed for them. Needless to say, I will not be going back and nor should you. There are plenty of great restaurants in the area where you will be treated much better and the food you can actually enjoy. I give these new owners little or no time before they lose whatever business they have left.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Michael L

NYC
“Slipping?”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I want to start by saying that I have been to this restaurant about five times and, until my last visit, enjoyed it tremendously. I ate there about two weeks ago with three other people and all four of us left there disappointed. We know from past experience that the service is not up to the standard that this restaurant should be so that is not the reason I am writing.

The reason I am writing is that, for all its shortcomings, the food was always good so it made the lack of service easier to take. Our recent visit was probably our last. The food is very expensive for a BYOB restaurant and all four of us were disappointed with our meals. Two of us had the broiled New England dish. This looked and tasted like it would at Red Lobster. The third person had salmon which was ok but, not great. The fourth person had the dry sea scallops which was edible but, not great.

I hope this restaurant gets its act together and brings the food back to its previous standards. For $40 per person, we deserved better.

• Visited February 2013
Milltown, New Jersey
“good food”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The food was excellent. The restaurant is tiny. You feel like you're sitting on top of all the other customers. Worth the food, though, if you don't mind not having privacy.

Visited April 2012
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“Local BYOB Restaurant Specializing in Seafood”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Good menu and quality seafood although can be a little pricey for some items. Worth the visit for the food.

Absolutely must make reservations as it is usually crowded in the evenings. Locals flock here.
Room is a little small and it can get a little loud at times.

Parking is poor - park next door behind the IHOP and walk over.

• Visited December 2012
ny, ny
“Could be better”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Pricey but the portions are decent and the seafood is fresh. The food was cooked with way too much butter and needs a bit more flavor. Would not go back.