“New Jersey Family Reunion”

Best Western East Brunswick Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in East Brunswick
Reviewed December 31, 2011

My sister and I took our 84 year old mother on a road trip to visit our old home town of South Amboy, NJ, and also visit with her sister, whom she hadn't seen in years and years. We wound up arriving after dark and didn't have any good sense of direction, so finding Best Western was a welcome blessing. Checking in was a breeze and the evening staff was very helpful and answered all our questions. Our room was close by and because of the cold weather, that turned out to be a very good thing, especially for mother. The accommodations were very nice, well appointed and comfortable. Beds were an important part of our stay (2 days) and they were better than we had hoped for. The trip was a huge success and it was so nice to have a close, affordable and cozy landing pad. The breakfast buffet was fairly large and substantial, and there were a lot of hungry folks gathered there. But the manager and his staff were very accommodating and were even willing to go out of their way to see after whatever it was we needed. Needless to say, mother was so pleased the whole thing came off so well.

Room Tip: Handicap rooms are closer to the front office, if you need one. You may want to bring your own pillo...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank William H
ebrunswickhotel, Manager at Best Western East Brunswick Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2012

Thank you for commenting regarding your recent stay at our property.
If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 732-238-4900.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

We did not have many choices of hotels in that area for our family gathering, so we decided to take a chance even though reviews were not that great. Our room was meticulously clean, towels were white and fluffy. We did not see any bugs. I could see fresh paint, and furniture was in good condition. Bed was harder that I like, but could be worse. It did not cause me a back ache. Location of this Inn was very convenient for us. In addition to that, IHOP is right next to the hotel. Their staff was friendly and lunch was good. Breakfast at the Inn was very good with fresh coffee and good variety of food. Shopping mall is right across the rt. 18 if you are interested in shopping.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank luvtrav2
ebrunswickhotel, Manager at Best Western East Brunswick Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2011

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

This hotel definitely needs some work. Unfortunately I don't think it'll get the work it needs. My room during the first night of my stay lead me to feel unsafe--I could see above and below the door. The door was separating from the door frame. Also it smelled bad and I found hair/debris in the bathroom and on the sheets.

During my second night they moved me to a different room after I complained about the first room. This room smelled terrible. I had to open the windows to air it out. Also several bugs greeted me during the night (not bed bugs, just large gray cockroach like bugs). I found out crawling on my bed when I woke up .Definitely not impressed.

Breakfast was also rather unappealing--warm milk, microwaved eggs and sausage.

I will say that the staff was friendly and responsive, but the hotel just doesn't live up to modern quality standards. I won't be returning.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank WClarke84
ebrunswickhotel, General Manager at Best Western East Brunswick Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Thank you for staying at the Best Western East Brunswick Inn.
If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 732-238-4900.

Reviewed October 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for the first time in September, and it far exceeded each and every one of our expectations. It was immaculate, the amenities were plentiful, the staff was courteous, attentive and willing to help with everything we asked about. Kristen and George were excellent! The decor was relaxing and modern. We visit this area often and usually stay at the comfort suites. After having an unpleasant stay at comfort, we decided to give best western a shot. I am glad we did! We will be back again soon

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sam H

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western East Brunswick Inn.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

We reserved a non-smoking room. However, we were put in a smoking room that smelled terrible and was in the back of the hotel where there weren't very many lights. There was a cockroach in the new roll of toilet paper. The fire alarms went off at 2:30 in the morning and lasted 30 minutes. The bed was hard. The sink was nice but that's it. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. It smelled so bad that we put 2 car fresheners in the air conditioner; it made no difference. The staff seemed like they didn't care if you enjoyed your stay or not. Find somewhere else to stay!

Room Tip: Don't get smoking room!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LucyLu_n_Marley2
ebrunswickhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western East Brunswick Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stayed here on our trip for 2 days, and took a day to drive out to Long Island. The morning clerk was very helpful in advising us on things to look for. The evening clerk also helped us with reservations for the next night after we left. Only thing was the breakfast area was extremely small for the size of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here for five different nights, and since my wife cannot climb stairs and as this hotel does not have elevator, we requested ground floor non smoking room and were promised by the management. But at the check-in times the ground floor non smoking rooms were not available, although we called ahead of time and were promised the same. Out of five nights we were forced three nights to climb the stairs with our luggage.
Rooms were also not very clean and water faucets, TV remote etc. did not work very well.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick
Red Carpet Inn and Suites
Red Carpet Inn and Suites
#3 of 6 in Monmouth Junction

Been to Best Western East Brunswick Inn? Share your experiences!