“Stay away from this hellhole”

Studio 6 East Brunswick
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in East Brunswick
Reviewed July 22, 2009

Arrived after a 4 hour drive to find a parking lot with several groups of rowdy, drinking people. There were also several individuals alone, watching us get out of our car. It was not a safe atmosphere. In order to get the key to our room, we had to go to a phone near the office, make a call, and someone would come to check us in. The area was not well-lit, there was a number of people drinking alcohol and carrying on right near the office. I left because I felt my property was not safe in the parking lot. The manager, Hasan, refused to refund my money and said "We do too much for customers." I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Middlesex County Consumer Affairs.

Spend an extra few bucks and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank stickmoon
There are newer reviews for Studio 6 East Brunswick

Reviewed May 26, 2008

I was looking for something affordable but was afraid of running into a cheap looking motel. I went by the many positive reviews that Studio 6 had. Boy! either I'm really picky or the reviewers stayed in a different place than where I did. When we came in to check in, the front desk clerk told me that I had to come back in 20 minutes, as she was doing something with the "system" that didn't allow her to check anyone in or do anything else. We came back after 30 and were able to check in. There were a lot of shady characters in the hotel grounds, which didn't make me feel comfortable at all. The guy we shared the elevator ride with to our second floor room kept staring at me and my girlfriend like we were "fresh meat " so I double locked the door behind us when we got to our room. The whole room still smelled heavily like food and the comforter on the bed looked like it had not been washed in years! We made coffee to try to make the grease-like food smell go away and realized that we would not be able to sleep on the bed when we saw that there was only an old wool gross looking blanket underneath the comforter that didn't even fit the whole bed. Since we were only staying for one night, we decided to cope with the situation by covering the bed with the bathroom towels (which actually looked clean). Having all sorts of second thoughts about the place, we tried laying on the bed to see if we could actually sleep on the towels while trying to make as very little contact as possible with the comforter, then low and behold! My girlfriend finds a long curly hair stuck to the towel she was about to lay on. That was the nail that sealed Studio 6's coffin. We immediately left to never come back again, thank God I got a full refund since we didn't even get to spend the night. You get what you pay for, if you can afford it, spend a little more and stay some where else!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2008

We checked in the evening of May 10th, 2008. The 1st room we were assigned did not have a working refrigerator, we reported it immediately and was moved into another room. Our stay was very pleasant, and I certainly will stay there again.
The only incident that detracted from our stay was the rudeness of the desk clerk at check in. All of the other employees were very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank jrosario
Reviewed January 23, 2007

My friend and I stayed here for one week and found our accommodations to be clean and efficient for their use. A "kitchenette" consisting of Apt. size stove, refrigerator, micro-wave and coffeemaker were all in very clean condition. The location is excellent for touring other areas such as New York and Manhattan. It is a little disconcerting getting used to the traffic flow in East Brunswick, but this of course does not reflect upon Studio 6. We found their entire property very clean and well-kept. We will certainly be using them again if we travel to this Northeastern area from Missouri. Now that I am a Trip Advisor member, I will be using them for looking and booking hotels through their site/setup.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dlyonsden
Reviewed January 1, 2007

We stayed here for 2 weeks to attend business in Manhattan. The choice was great, because we were able to save a lot of money. Manhattan is only 1 hr drive from East Brunswick. The rooms are clean, and well equipped. Although rooms are serviced only once a week, this is OK for an extended stay. The property is in very good conditions (semi-new), and it has all you need for a long stay. Close to restaurants, shops and basic services (walking distance). It is also relatively close to public transportation (to Manhattan, Newark, Philadelphia, etc.)

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank jmca
A TripAdvisor Member
Miami, FL
Reviewed May 31, 2005

The best thing that can be said about this Studio 6 are the rates- the best in the area for extended stay lodging. Rooms are best for best for one or two, with a small L-shaped layout and somewhat downsized fridge, microwave and cooktop. The location is good, being close to major roads, shopping and services, BUT...

There's a lot on the down side. The housekeeping service is generally good, but sometimes misses cleanings and shorts towels. Hallways, trash rooms and stairwells may go unserviced for a few days, or until a complaint is made. Some guests put extra trash and linens in the hallway. Room doors are uninsulated and not fully sealed, so you may get cooking odors from down the hall. Noise can be an issue, from people walking and talking normally, and from the many school-aged children staying here for the long term. Because of the noise they create 3-4 hours per day, avoid the courtyard rooms (unless you want to keep your window closed and the air conditioner running) and some second floor rooms (when they play in or come pounding down the hall). Calls to the front desk from myself and others did not resolve this problem.

Overall, 1 out of 5.

Best Western East Brunswick Inn
#5 of 7 in East Brunswick
Days Hotel Conference Center East Brunswick
Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick

Been to Studio 6 East Brunswick? Share your experiences!