“Oh, my!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I wished I hadn't gone to this restaurant alone. I would have loved to try a bite of more of what they offered on their menu. I ordered the Grilled Chicken Italiano -- a hot hero sandwich with fresh mozzarella cheese, roasted red peppers, balsamic vinegar and fresh basil -- served on a crispy italian hero roll. When they brought out the sandwich just 10 minutes after ordering, I had to take a picture of it before biting into it. It looked so beautiful. I wished I spoke Italian right at that moment.

And oh, my! I could not believe how delicious and fresh the first bite tasted.

If only I could try their other pasta dishes, pizza of all kinds and calzones. Going back there, the next time I'm passing through New Jersey. Thanks, Mancini for a great lunch!!

2  Thank Anchala

Reviewed November 10, 2011

The pizza crust was amazing! We only had one type (White) but it was the crust that stood out.
My son had the meatballs and they were delicious also. My husband had a dish with shrimp which was clearly frozen and tasteless and another person had the tilapia special with clams. The fish ended up tasting disgusting and briny in some spots and bland and tasteless in others - again, must have been frozen and thawed. The lobster Ravioli wasn't really that impressive.
So, lesson re-learned. If the name of the restaurant has "Pizza" in it, have the pizza and try the meatballs. But stay away from everything else.

1  Thank ahjumaof2
Reviewed September 22, 2011

The vodka pizza is amazing and the regular pizza very, very good. The only downside is that the burn it a lot of times, but this is definitely the real Brooklyn flavor in this neighborhood.

3  Thank Giforsure
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We stopped into this little gem and loved the selection of delicious pizzas then my wife seen a riceball and she had to have one to go, needless to say she loved it and we had stopped in again to get a few more rice balls to go. Service was good food was great

3  Thank bernie35
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Coming from Brooklyn many years ago, I noticed that there was something out here that was definately missing. Then I met Frankie Mancini at his present location when he was building the place. When he opened with his handsome brother Vito I was astonished to see what kind variety of different Italian foods they were capable of making. To sum it up, not only do they offer 35 or more different varieties of thin crust Pizza, but they seem to have that personality that makes the customes feel like friends and family. In fact, over the entrance to the main rear dining room it says, " Enter as Strangers, Leave as Friends"
If you love and crave the best in great ITALIAN food, do yourself a big favor. Go there today and you will not want to go anywhere else for great Italian food. By the way, they deliver and even cater what they call affairs. I call them parties. These guys are the real deal, but you must experience Mancini's for youself. If you don't go there today or tonight you are definately missing great Italian food made anyway you want. Finnally, they treat each customer with a hello and big smile. The Kids love the place too. Get there this weekend. Oh, one more thing be prepared to wait for service, some things on Earth are worth waiting for, Mancini's food is definately worth the wait. Also, BYO

4  Thank aziggyd