“Their Matawan location rules!”
Review of Wasabi House

Wasabi House
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Matawan, NJ
“Their Matawan location rules!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Wasabi House in East Brunswick is good but the service can be spotty and the restaurant is always noisy. HOWEVER: their sister restaurant in Matawan (known as Wasabi 34) is the best.
Their sushi is to die for! and the service at Wasabi 34 is excellent and personal. We frequent Wasabi 34 and find no reason to try any other Japanese restaurants in the area. We have never had a bad meal there. In fact, we made the mistake of going to Wasabi 34 on Valentine's Day without a reservation. There was room for us at the sushi bar; despite the crowd, we still experienced wonderful and prompt service. Hint: you can find coupons for Wasabi 34 on SuperPages.com.

• Visited July 2012

New Jersey
“A little above average”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This place has pretty good sushi. Most of the time you will get pretty good service and good variety. I really like their new place on Rt34. in Matawan. Less crowded, better service and very fresh fish.

• Visited March 2012
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Best Sushi in the Area!”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

As a resident of East Brunswick, I'm so glad we have Wasabi House for Japanese food and sushi. The sushi is fresh and they always always different varieties available. Try the mango maki and fire red (something like that)! Also check out the local clipper magazines, they usually have a $5off 30 and 10 of 50 coupon!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Shari R
Milltown, New Jersey
“Fresh, delicious sushi close to home!”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Wasabi is me and my husband's go- to sushi place. It's local and clean and the service is very friendly And knowledgable. The sushi is delicious!! It's a treat to go there!

NJ
“Sushi isn't worth putting up with the service & management”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We live in East Brunswick and this used to be our most frequented Japanese restaurant, even though the menu is missing some of my favorite standards like Tekka Don or Futomaki, and the restaurant is small, loud and cramped. The sushi was good and fresh. We'd avoid Saturday nights and holidays. Then the service went downhill and we relegated Wasabi to infrequent takeout, diving to other places further away when we wanted to dine in.

Tonight was our last takeout call. I left without my food on Valentine's Day! Over the past few years there were the inevitable takeout screw-ups, but it was convenient. Tonight we ordered takeout for Valentine's Day, and were told the wait would be 45 minutes. Ok it's a big night, we'll wait. When I showed up, I waited 15 minutes more to find they hadn't started on my order, even though people on line who ordered after me were served because they knew the sushi chef.

We won't be back. There are other places with good sushi in town.

• Visited February 2012