“Fresh, delicious sushi close to home!”
Review of Wasabi House

Wasabi House
Ranked #10 of 110 Restaurants in East Brunswick
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Milltown, New Jersey
“Fresh, delicious sushi close to home!”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Wasabi is me and my husband's go- to sushi place. It's local and clean and the service is very friendly And knowledgable. The sushi is delicious!! It's a treat to go there!

NJ
“Sushi isn't worth putting up with the service & management”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We live in East Brunswick and this used to be our most frequented Japanese restaurant, even though the menu is missing some of my favorite standards like Tekka Don or Futomaki, and the restaurant is small, loud and cramped. The sushi was good and fresh. We'd avoid Saturday nights and holidays. Then the service went downhill and we relegated Wasabi to infrequent takeout, diving to other places further away when we wanted to dine in.

Tonight was our last takeout call. I left without my food on Valentine's Day! Over the past few years there were the inevitable takeout screw-ups, but it was convenient. Tonight we ordered takeout for Valentine's Day, and were told the wait would be 45 minutes. Ok it's a big night, we'll wait. When I showed up, I waited 15 minutes more to find they hadn't started on my order, even though people on line who ordered after me were served because they knew the sushi chef.

We won't be back. There are other places with good sushi in town.

• Visited February 2012
south brunswick NJ
“Sushi is the best in the area”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We have been going to this restaurant for about 10 years. The wait staff is very attentive and the food is the best Japanese in the area. The soups are excellent as are the Bento boxes. If you like sushi, you will be very happy with the quality and the selection. I highly recommend this restaurant. Lunch menu is of course cheaper than the dinner menu. Also has a sushi bar to sit at instead of a table. I would reserve if going for dinner on a weekend as the restaurant is small and fills up quickly.

• Visited December 2011
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Wasabi is my new regular place for great Sushi/Japanese food”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Just moved to the area about a year ago, and was searching for a new place for sushi and related cuisine. I've found my new favorite spot. Not for music or atmosphere, but there's no question that this is the best, freshest sushi & bento in the area. The wait staff is also very friendly, and now that they see us about once a week, they know what our favorites are, and suggest other menu items or rolls that we might like.

Our current favorites are the Mango Maki, the Smoke Roll, and well, just about anything else on the menu. The edamame is also served fresh and warm, which I had never had before, but it was really great.

So - a great spot in an unexpected place!

• Visited September 2011
e. brunswick, NJ
“Always awesome”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Wasabi house always has the best cuts of fresh fish, prepared in many exciting ways.
Their rolls are creative and delicious. This is a BYOB restaurant. The service is attentive and food is brought out fast. The best sushi around....forget about the all you can eat type of sushi buffets, nothing compares to the quality here!! The sushi bar gets full quickly on Thursdays and Fridays, a reservation may be necessary.

• Visited August 2011