“Wasabi is my new regular place for great Sushi/Japanese food”
Review of Wasabi House

Wasabi House
Ranked #12 of 111 Restaurants in East Brunswick
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Just moved to the area about a year ago, and was searching for a new place for sushi and related cuisine. I've found my new favorite spot. Not for music or atmosphere, but there's no question that this is the best, freshest sushi & bento in the area. The wait staff is also very friendly, and now that they see us about once a week, they know what our favorites are, and suggest other menu items or rolls that we might like.

Our current favorites are the Mango Maki, the Smoke Roll, and well, just about anything else on the menu. The edamame is also served fresh and warm, which I had never had before, but it was really great.

So - a great spot in an unexpected place!

Reviewed August 12, 2011

Wasabi house always has the best cuts of fresh fish, prepared in many exciting ways.
Their rolls are creative and delicious. This is a BYOB restaurant. The service is attentive and food is brought out fast. The best sushi around....forget about the all you can eat type of sushi buffets, nothing compares to the quality here!! The sushi bar gets full quickly on Thursdays and Fridays, a reservation may be necessary.

1  Thank neesee66
Reviewed November 13, 2009

Traveling solo but jonesing for sushi (my husband won't hear of it), I surfed reviews online & nearby was the well-rated Wasabi House. Sat at the sushi bar, ordered the Fire Roll (I think that's what it was called) from the daily specials. EXCELLENT. Only ordered edamame with it. Roll was 8 pieces, perfect for one hungry traveler. And YUM. Prices were fair, freshness & creativity impressive. Terrific background music. BYOB.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

After reading such a mixed review about the horrid management and excellent food I had to check it out for myself. The girl behind the counter was there and she did greet us pleasantly and sat us at our table. Through out the meal I can hear her speak a language i couldn't understand but in all my review of her is neutral. The servers were quick and attentive and even answered all of my questions which is some times rare at these small establishments. The food was definitely above avg for Central NJ. I was most amazed with the roll selection not only did they have a large roll selection they also had a NEW roll selection not on the menu and the waiter suggested rolls not even on the menu. We were very happy with our selection when we got it. The decor is there just not much of it, I will go back to check out the rolls we didn't order.

1  Thank johnnywalkerblack
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I went to Wasabi quite frequently couple years back when I'm still in Jersey. At that time, the food was really good and the service is just amazing. There was this amazing lady that ran the restaurant and her staffs were just awesome.

However, all of this changed when I went back there recently. The quality of the foods were still great, but the service was just out of par especially the little girl that work up in the cashier section. No greeting, and was just staring at the computer (hopefully, she was not simply going online).

One of the worst thing was hearing her cursing in Cantonese. FYI, I spent the last 4 years in HK and I know whats a curse word is when I hear one. Totally unprofessional.

Would I go back? NO