“Was better a year ago not worth the money”

Makkoli Seafood Buffet
Ranked #45 of 110 Restaurants in East Brunswick
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
“Was better a year ago not worth the money”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is in need of an overhaul. The walls need repair the furniture looks worn. Its showing its age. The quality of the food has gone down significantly. When I asked to speak with the manager regarding how cold the food was the hostess replied I'm NOT the owner!

• Visited June 2013

Princeton, New Jersey
“Food is better at dinners and on weekends.”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have a little mixed feeling about this restaurant. I have been here so many times before. Usually they serve good food. But for some reason my most recent visit wasn't that great. Service is always good. I would say it is average on food. I have eaten better food here on evenings and weekends. I would go back again but not for lunch.

• Visited July 2013
Colonia, New Jersey
“Best seafood buffet in the area”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I selected Makkoli since it had the best reviews of this type of restaurant in the area. I understand a lot of reviews are bogus, but family was in and was looking for a decent place. This place was a wonderful surprise; food was fresh & delicious, sushi station was the best I have ever to for this type of restaurant, my son loved the hibachi offerings and the place was as clean as can be. When everyone says they want to come back you know tou made a find - hope it stays that way.

• Visited July 2013
Jackson, New Jersey
“Highly recommended.”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We go here regularly. Great value for the variety of dishes available. They serve plenty of shrimp tempura which I love. The sushi is fresh. Hot tea with free refills is included in the buffet price. In other restaurants you have to pay extra for the tea. The green tea ice cream is a favorite dessert for my family. I highly recommend this buffet restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Gerry D
Riverside California
“Had a craving for Sushi”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This place was very clean and spacious. They had many seafood choices sushi, crablegs lots of fish and other tradition Asian Buffet foods.The sushi was made ahead so the fish was a bit dry to my liking. The service was good but this place is another average Asian buffet.

Visited May 2013