“authenic northern spain food”

Jai Alai Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 54 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: French, Spanish
Reviewed October 3, 2013

tucked away on a side street by an elevated road in Dover, New Jersey is this charming little restaurant. My cousin has known the owner, Nick for over 40 years and promised this would be an amazing meal. We shared the mushrooms stuffed with cheese, sounds simple enough but this dish was unbelievably delicious. We shared a house salad, very fresh, well done. I had a dish with shrimp and scallops and my cousin had lobster tails, along with assorted vegetables and of course spanish potatoes (chips) that were the best ever! Their sauces are different to the point I cannot describe other than to say delicious. I was a bit concerned about parking but there is safe parking on the street and around the corner on a lot, away from the hubbub of the main streets in Dover. I'm definitely going back !

Reviewed September 21, 2013

One of the best kept secrets in North Jersey. It's tucked into a corner in Dover, that you really have to look for. But take the time to find it! We have been coming here for years, and it never disappoints. They still make one of the best pitchers of sangria I've ever had. The garlic soup is subtle and delicious, with a perfectly cooked egg, floating on top. The Paella is wonderful- Overflowing with lobster, seafood, chorizo ,etc. We ordered it for three and had enough food for four. Their famous stuffed mushrooms shouldn't be missed. Veggies are crisp, fresh and flavorful. Save room for the flan for dessert, it's worth the calories. The service was excellent, but make reservations on the weekend, or you may have to wait.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We love authentic Basque - Spanish cuisine. We eat at Jai-Alai about twice a month. This is the best in Dover, Morris County and maybe Northern New Jersey. We know the menu at this hideaway by heart and trust the new specials will be perfect. Even after 24 years we keep going back because Nick, Cathy and the staff CARE ABOUT THE FOOD. It’s a place you will feel welcomed and comfortable. Try the addictive, delicious stuffed mushrooms.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Best Spanish food I have eaten in New Jersey. The food and drinks are pricey, but they have never disappointed.

1  Thank Victor R