“Great Place To Stay”

Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dover
“Great Place To Stay”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was one of the best hotel stays I have had in a very long time. The staff was extremely nice. The rooms were great. There was a warm feeling about the hotel. The price is very great compared to the service you receive. I will be staying here again on my next busines trip or personal trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for your excellent review. Your comments and time are greatly appreciated. I am happy it was nice stay Thank you very much. We look forward to your return when traveling to our area again.

Larry Benus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Turkish first
Wayland, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I planned to stay at a different hotel in Rockaway, but because of some strange rule at that other hotel, I was not able to get a room. I found this out when I got there at 2:30am and was told to try the Homewood Suites. I got there and was told that the same rule applied. I was about to suck it up and sleep in my car as a last resort but the woman working the front desk went above and beyond. She easily could have said no and that be it, but she made at least 3 phone calls to someone high up and after about 15 minutes, she finally convinced them to make an exception. After everything was squared away, we had a solid 30 minute conversation about life. What I got out of my stay was a great room for a low price, a clean stay, and an incredibly personal and accommodating staff. This Homewood Suites has my business next time I'm down in the area

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Alex T
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! Your comments and time are greatly appreciated. I am excited that gave us a 5 star rating. Thank you very much. We look forward to your return when traveling to our area again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 3, 2014

It was easy to find, just off the interstate. Friendly staff, great breakfast and dinner included and delicious. Had a few stores near by. Super comfortable and clean room. Would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, July 5, 2014

Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed June 27, 2014

This is my first visit to Dover, NJ on business. It's approximately minutes away from Picatinny Arsenal if you are planning to visit there to play golf or on business staying at the Homewood Suites would be my first choice. The Homewood Suites is approximately 5 minutes away (in traffic may be a little more) from the Mall and restaurants. My room was clean and well maintained. Furniture and kitchen appliance were fairly new and clean. The bed was comfortable and I slept great. Just one negative remark, the evening (7 pm) staff member was else where, no one else was available to greet incoming guest too include myself for check-in after a long drive to get there. I finally did check-in after 15-20 minutes waiting time. Overall, my first stay was a very restful one. If I have the pleasure to return to Dover, I would consider returning to Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway.

Room Tip: If you like to watch T.V in bed, the drawer that the T.V. is on is facing away from the bed, you mus...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! Your comments and time are greatly appreciated. I will pass on the comments to my staff. We look forward to your return when traveling to our area again.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I had a very good experience with this hotel. There were downfalls, but not due to the hotel, but the parents that allowed a group of sports kids to run around between the floors of the hotel unsupervised.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Unjustified incidental charges of 150 dollars. Not to mention we booked this Suite 2 months prior, the week before we stayed they we bribing us with crappy wine to give up the room. We checked out on Saturday and they didn't even clean the room until Monday...can't believe Holton puts their name on this place.

• Stayed June 2014
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for contacting us on trip advisor. We do apologize for any inconveniences. I am confused about your $150 incident charge. We only charge that amount for smoking in non smoking room or it is a hold on debit card till you check out. Please contact us to discuss farther.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Quick summary: Sold my teenage son on the fact that they had a basketball court. When he went out to play, the goal was 5 feet off the ground and broken. According to the front desk it has been that war for a while. After staying for 4 nights, it's still broken. When we checked in the room had a smoke odor to it. Called the front desk and they stated that they would move us, but the hotel was sold out so they only offered apologies. When I got home I received an email that my account was overdrafted. Upon looking into it, I saw that the hotel over charged my checking account, when they were given specific instructions to split the bill between my checking account and credit card. ALL charges were posted to my checking account instead. I called the hotel and told them the situation, I was put on hold for 10 minutes and when the lady came back on, she stated her system was down, so she was going to have to call me back. That was 6 hours ago...I'm stilling waiting on the call. On a positive note, the room was clean and spacious, the food was excellent and the location (near the mall and interstate) were excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
We truly apologize for the issue that you encountered during your stay;We do have high standards for our hotel . Most of the our standards for Hilton Homewood brand.
.If your travels bring you back to this area, please reach out to our team. We would be happy for a second chance to give you a better experience. The issues you encountered are not typical of our hotel,Thank you,

Larry Benus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway
Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany
Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany
Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany
#2 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway? Share your experiences!