“More than I expected”

Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed July 3, 2014

It was easy to find, just off the interstate. Friendly staff, great breakfast and dinner included and delicious. Had a few stores near by. Super comfortable and clean room. Would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! Your comments and time are greatly appreciated. I am excited that gave us a 5 star rating. Thank you very much. We look forward to your return when traveling to our area again.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

This is my first visit to Dover, NJ on business. It's approximately minutes away from Picatinny Arsenal if you are planning to visit there to play golf or on business staying at the Homewood Suites would be my first choice. The Homewood Suites is approximately 5 minutes away (in traffic may be a little more) from the Mall and restaurants. My room was clean and well maintained. Furniture and kitchen appliance were fairly new and clean. The bed was comfortable and I slept great. Just one negative remark, the evening (7 pm) staff member was else where, no one else was available to greet incoming guest too include myself for check-in after a long drive to get there. I finally did check-in after 15-20 minutes waiting time. Overall, my first stay was a very restful one. If I have the pleasure to return to Dover, I would consider returning to Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway.

Room Tip: If you like to watch T.V in bed, the drawer that the T.V. is on is facing away from the bed, you mus...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! Your comments and time are greatly appreciated. I will pass on the comments to my staff. We look forward to your return when traveling to our area again.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I had a very good experience with this hotel. There were downfalls, but not due to the hotel, but the parents that allowed a group of sports kids to run around between the floors of the hotel unsupervised.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Unjustified incidental charges of 150 dollars. Not to mention we booked this Suite 2 months prior, the week before we stayed they we bribing us with crappy wine to give up the room. We checked out on Saturday and they didn't even clean the room until Monday...can't believe Holton puts their name on this place.

• Stayed: June 2014
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank you for contacting us on trip advisor. We do apologize for any inconveniences. I am confused about your $150 incident charge. We only charge that amount for smoking in non smoking room or it is a hold on debit card till you check out. Please contact us to discuss farther.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Quick summary: Sold my teenage son on the fact that they had a basketball court. When he went out to play, the goal was 5 feet off the ground and broken. According to the front desk it has been that war for a while. After staying for 4 nights, it's still broken. When we checked in the room had a smoke odor to it. Called the front desk and they stated that they would move us, but the hotel was sold out so they only offered apologies. When I got home I received an email that my account was overdrafted. Upon looking into it, I saw that the hotel over charged my checking account, when they were given specific instructions to split the bill between my checking account and credit card. ALL charges were posted to my checking account instead. I called the hotel and told them the situation, I was put on hold for 10 minutes and when the lady came back on, she stated her system was down, so she was going to have to call me back. That was 6 hours ago...I'm stilling waiting on the call. On a positive note, the room was clean and spacious, the food was excellent and the location (near the mall and interstate) were excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

We truly apologize for the issue that you encountered during your stay;We do have high standards for our hotel . Most of the our standards for Hilton Homewood brand.
.If your travels bring you back to this area, please reach out to our team. We would be happy for a second chance to give you a better experience. The issues you encountered are not typical of our hotel,Thank you,

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Better than expected. Very very clean rooms, spacious, and comfortable. The kitchen has everything you could need to cook a meal, but we were pleasantly surprised to find out dinner was free from Monday - Thursday. The meal was great and more than enough options for our family. The dining area was pleasant. Breakfast options were also very good. Pool was great, not huge, but good enough. There is no jacuzzi. The bed (king) was very comfortable with fresh smelling sheets. Sofa bed was very comfortable as well. Having cable both in the room and living-room was great. Some area hotel doesn't offer cable. Even though we live locally, we love to have mini-retreats as a family and this will be our only choice from now on.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

The Homewood Suites Dover NJ would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and comments regarding your recent stay here with us.

The entire staff at the Homewood Suites Dover NJ would like to thank you for giving us such great positive feedback and we are so excited that we were able to provide you with an great stay.

We again thank you for your business and loyalty and look forward to your soon return.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Breakfast is HORRID. There is no other way to describe it. The eggs are dry; the roll-ups cooked until the filling is cooked out; the omelets' cheese either cold or missing; potatoes are pasty & not crisp. Nothing served hot is palatable. Not one day did anyone in our business group have anything positive to say about the breakfast foods. As for the evening reception, the food is much better. However, the pictures advertising the reception are VERY deceiving. There are no beer steins nor wine glasses. There are tiny juice-like glasses. If you don't want the guest to have beer or wine, don't advertise it. Without the care of Jeffrey & Ryan, this would have been a disaster. Also, the bathroom light and microwave light were out in our suite on arrival. The microwave light was never replaced. The new housekeeper is a keeper. She has good customer service skills.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We truly apologize for the issue of breakfast that you encountered during your stay;We do have high standards for our breakfast. Most of the food our standards for Hilton Homewood brand.

Larry Benus

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
#2 of 2 in Mount Arlington

Been to Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway? Share your experiences!