“Great Location - Complete Facility”

Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dover
Draper, Utah
“Great Location - Complete Facility”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Its a great place to stay in an area lacking nice hotels as its convenient, very nicely appointed, great rooms at very good prices and a very friendly and professional staff. The rooms are very comfortable with a full refrigerator, mini-stove. living area, dining area and a large comfortable bed/bath area. Has a workout room, pool and a nice area for breakfast and limited dining at other times. Conveniently located off the highway with ample parking and also convenient to the Dover train station. Will definitely stay here next time in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Jack M
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! Your comments and time are greatly appreciated. I am excited that gave us a 5 star rating. Thank you very much. We look forward to your return when traveling to our area again.

Larry Benus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Sacramento, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Great location, awesome service and staff. Having the kitchen in room is awesome. Would definitely stay here again. Location just off route 80 and route 15 is very convenient. Short ride to and from Newark Airport.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
The Homewood Suites Dover NJ would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and comments regarding your recent stay here with us.

The entire staff at the Homewood Suites Dover NJ would like to thank you for giving us such great positive feedback and we are so excited that we were able to provide you with an great stay.

We again thank you for your business and loyalty and look forward to your soon return.

Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My first experience with this Homewood Suites was an excellent one. From the moment you walk in to the lobby until you walk through the door of your room, you will experience, warm, rich colors, rich woods and immaculate surroundings. I could very well have stayed there for an unlimited amount of time, if I could have afforded it. The kitchens are beautiful and modern and except for a stove, offer all you need to stay awhile...the rooms are warm and cozy...I lived the rich brown earth tone colors and the king size bed was huge and comfy. They offer complimentary food at night, along with beer and wine and soft drinks and enough of a breakfast to jump start your day. You are also within a very short hop to the Rockaway Mall and various places to eat.... I just liked the whole feel to this place and will definitely be returning!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Itslyne

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This was our greeting when we arrived late in the evening after a lengthy travel delay. Our spirits immediately improved! The staff was very helpful with dining suggestions. The room was clean and being set back from the road we had a comfortable and welcome night's sleep.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, May 27, 2014

GM
toronto
Reviewed May 22, 2014

But, it is tucked off a hidden driveway and extremely hard to find, especially in the dark.
I would suggest more and better signs be installed along the way.
My GPS got me to the entrance of the driveway, but I did not see either a lighted sign or a motel and had to make several passes before I found it.
The layout of most Homewood Suites rooms is the same; because each suite has a kitchen with a full size fridge included and I tend to travel with coolers of food when I am on the road, I try to aim for this Hilton property when it is in the vicinity I am traveling.
I was impressed by this Homewood. I only stayed for one night, so I cannot rate the housekeeping in general, only the condition of the room when I arrived. It is true that I was very tired when I pulled up to this property just before dark, after having driven for over seven hours, but I did not encounter any of the negative things mentioned by other recent guests and certainly no pet smell.
Adaya (I hope I got the name right) at the front desk was very helpful.
This seems to be a place with many people staying for long terms--one couple was undergoing a home renovation, another person seemed to be living at the Homewood permanently. These folks hang around the lobby and shmooze--it felt like joining the family for the night.
I did not get to breakfast, which is 6 to 9. I would have preferred the breakfast to have been extended to 9:30 or 10, the way it is at Hamptons, but I understand that all Homewoods have this schedule--you should be aware of it, though, if you are traveling for pleasure with family.
There was a nice exercise room and a pool.
I like to treat myself to an in room whirlpool when I am on the road, to unwind from the driving, and appreciate this amenity in many Hamptons. Homewoods do not seem to offer any suites with whirlpools and this Homewood was no exception.
I stayed on Hhonors points, and so was quite pleased with the value, but you should be aware that the price for this motel, possibly because it is so close to New York City, is higher than that of most other Homewoods at which I have stayed.
I will post pictures when I get them dowloaded from my camera.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, May 23, 2014

Moline, Illinois
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for six nights in May 2014. It was very clean and modern. Nice lounge area. Staff was friendly. Bathroom had a large shower with great water pressure. One of the nice things about this stay was having several HBO channels available on the TV. Hotel also has a swimming pool, which I did not use.

As always, Homewood Suites provides the "manager's reception" in the evenings from Monday through Thursday. This is where they have free food and beer. The food was adequate (it's free, folks), but not as good as two of the other Homewood Suites I've stayed in.

Overall, it was a very clean and modern hotel with friendly staff and good security and lighting.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, May 21, 2014

GM
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Nice big room, clean an comfortable. Everything works. No bath tub. Housekeeping missed my room (no do not disturb on my door, they just missed it.) Could not correct the error the next day because all housekeeping must be done by 11:30am. Everyone is nice but they made it clear - housekeeping ends at 11:30am no matter what the problem. No refund or accommodation offered. Management issue.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
The Homewood Suites Dover NJ would like to thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your recent stay with us. I do apoligize for your issues that has occured

Our housekeeping staff is here everyday till 4:00 to 6:00pm. We alway check for DND on the door to make sure,we can clean the room.

We do value your feedback and there is nothing that we want more than to make your time with us Extremely Satisfying. Our daily meeting with address your issue.

I look forward to hearing from your soon,

Larry Benus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway
Towneplace Suites by Marriott Dover Rockaway
Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
#1 of 2 in Mount Arlington

Been to Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway? Share your experiences!