“Its actually in Newport, not Dividing Creek.”
Review of Newport House Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Newport House Restaurant
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The atmosphere is really unbelievable. Deer and wild Turkeys walk by while you eat. This is a non rush place that spaces courses out so there is time to take in the surroundings. Prices are high and portions are smaller. But the food is excellent. Even if its just once you owe it to yourself to go.

1  Thank dolphingvp

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Nicely somewhat remotely located restaurant is in a rural setting of South Jersey surrounded by meadows and fields. You can observe through the window turkeys strolling and gathering right in your view. The food is somewhat above average, atmosphere homey at times and be sure to bring your own bottle. Overall a nice experience. First time the place might be difficult to find if you are not South Jersey native.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

White the restaurant is quaint and has a lovely ambiance, I was very disappointed in the food. There is one waitress for three rooms. Our meal took two hours from the time we arrived to the time we left. After waiting almost 15 minutes to be waited on, a small tray of vegetables and dip were brought to our table. The vegetable look like that had sat out - carrots were dry and the celery had some brown on the end. Waited awhile to get our bread and salad. The salad was a very small bowl - just some lettuce, one or two pieces of cucumber and a couple of olives. The shrimp coctail was good - very large and deveined - came on a small cup with ice. Waited a good while for the meal. We had red mashed potatos green beans almondine - you don't really get a selection of sides. I had the filet mingon, which was very tender, but not a lot of flavor. It was getting late, so we passed on the coffee and dessert as I didn't want to wait a half hour for that to arrive. I don't think we'll return - save your money.

1  Thank cmariert
Reviewed January 7, 2012

If you're visiting the area and want to try something truly offbeat, go to Newport House. Tucked away at the end of a dead end road next to a farm, the restaurant itself seems like a home-made shed that has been added onto in phases haphazardly. There are spectacular views of an open field where deer roam freely (sometimes quite closely). The food is good, possibly the best in the area, though I wish they would update their menu which hasn't changed in years. It's a family run operation, and they're always very nice. The main room is dimly lit with fireplace, a nice date night spot. BYOB.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

This adorable little restaurant is only mins from my house. I've lived here 8 years and finally got around to trying this place out. I should never have waited so long!!!
My husband and I wanted a romantic night out, and we wanted to go somewhere unique. This place fit the bill perfectly!! The ambiance in here is excellent! Fireplaces glowing, twinkling lights, candles!! Lovely! The service is outstanding!! We had two waiters take care of us for the evening. They were both very attentive and helpful.
The food was delicious. I got the steak and my husband got the surf and turf. Both meals were excellent and filling. The pace the food was served at was perfect.
I can't wait to go back for another date night! I would recommend this little gem to anyone!