“Nice for the rate” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Deptford
Maryland
“Nice for the rate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2008

I am a very picky person when it comes to where I lay my head. I was pleasantly surprised with this property. I expected it to be just okay and am pleased to say I can't think of a single complaint. Well, maybe one. What is advertised as a suite is not truly a suite. It is one big room w/ a sleeper sofa. I was expecting a two room suite like w/ Embassy Suites or Courtyard.

Check in went smoothly - and I was pleasantly surprised to be the Guest of the Day. That meant that I recieved two free bottles of water and two snacks. Not bad! I reserved my room on their website and requested a rollaway bed for my daughter. It was waiting in my room when we arrived.

Turned out that I didn't need it since we had the sleeper sofa, we just put her to bed in it. I informed the front desk that we didn't need the rollaway and went out for awhile. When I returned, it was gone.

I would stay here again.

• Liked — The Marriott beds - best hotel mattresses ever!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Hampton Roads, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2007

We stayed at this hotel during the dates of Nove 23-25, 2007. Hotel is located directly off of the interstate. Check in was smooth. The staff was friendly, helpful and courteous. The room was very clean. The only problem was the heat. When we initially turned it on it ran fine. During the middle of the night it made a rattling noise. We turned it off and turned it back on but the problem was still there. The problem was reported. The second night the same thing occured. The room did remain warm and toasty. That was the only issue during my stay. The location is around the perimeter of the Deptford Mall with numerous restaurants and shops. Hotel is right next door to UNO'S restaurant. Parking was not a problem. I would stay again.

• Liked — Location, Location, Location
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2007

Protect your valuables if you ever stay at the FairField Inn by Marriott, Deptford NJ, 08096. I want to keep this short . One of our laptops was taken from our locked hotel room. The laptops sat next to each other on the desk in the room. The laptop case's and dresser drawers where searched also. With many valuables in the room the loss was only one laptop abd bag from the desk and a charger from inside a travel bag on the floor under the desk. While we where out of the room the only key that opened our door was housekeeping. I contacted; Tharaldson lodging company they operate this Fairfield Inn by Marriott as well as many others, ZurichNA the hotels insurance company, a couple managers, customer service all without satisfaction. Standing behind a law called "The InnKeepers Law" the law varies in different states but the part that effects travelers and theft reads like this. If a hotel has a safe (they all do) and they offer the safe for use by travelers even at an extra charge then the traveler has the power to protect their valuables. So your on your own when you stay at a hotel, go for coffee or ice you better lock your valuables in a safe or else you could suffer a loss like I did.
Be forewarned
I have to suffer the loss.

• Liked — Clean property
  • Disliked — Missing valuables from locked room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank InnkeepersLaw

Travelers are raving about these Deptford hotels

Northern Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2007

We had a short overnight stay at this hotel. The manager on duty was very friendly. The room was fairly nice and clean. Continental breakfast was above-average. The only surprise was a $1.50 user fee for the in-room safe. We told the manager that we did not use it and he promptly credited our account. I would recommend this hotel for an overnight stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Close to highway
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rochester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2007

We have stayed in this hotel a few times before. All stays have been very pleasant. The hotel is very clean, the staff is extremely helpful and nice. The breakfast was great for kids. The pool was good but too much clorine. I am a very picky person but we had a wonderful stay.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — pool
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
Toms River
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2007

I really can't understand the other reviews on here??? I am well traveled and have stayed at many 4 star hotels. In this situation, my father had a lung transplant and we needed to stay somewhere close to the Univ. of Penn. for his rehabilitation. This hotel is currently renovated. The beds were very comfortable and clean. The breakfast is a continental breakfast. However they add some extra's like waffles, egg and cheese sandwiches, variety of teas, coffee all day long, and afternoon homebaked cookies. There is an indoor pool and jacuzzi that were kept very clean and a small new exercize room.

Most importantly this staff was THE NICEST and MOST HELPFUL group of people you could ever meet. I can't express enough gratitude and compliments to this staff. Especially under the circumstances with my father. I know he was very pleased and comfortable with the amount of time we stayed there as well. Melanie the Manager and Clyde the General Manager will assist you with a pleasant smile and help with anything you need assistance with. Clarice has a beautiful smile every morning at the front desk and you can't help to wake up feeling better.

Please don't be discouraged from the previous reviews. If you are staying in or near Deptford, you won't regret staying at this hotel. If you see Claude in the morning tell him that Meri said hello :)

Stayed March 2007
Melbourne, Fl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2007

At check-in we were delayed because they spelled our name wrong in the computer although we were allowed to check-in before 3 pm. The bathroom appeared to have recent mold growth which an attempt at cleanup was made. We had no shampoo upon getting to our room. All in all I would say the maid service was poor. The breakfast room is not adequate for all the guests. If you get there late expect to stand or return to your room with your food. The toaster would not adequately make toast. The selection of food items was poor. We had no hot water for our shower on the last day of our stay. Although I can sleep on the ground, my girlfriend said the bed was very uncomfortable. The business center is a computer in the corner of the breakfast room. There are no kitchenettes as was our impression from an on-line review. On the plus side; The view of rt 42 was nice from the 4th floor. The staff was very courteous and helpful. We did not try the free internet so we can't rate that. We chose it because the location was close to my son's place. Next time we will stay some other hotel because we feel this accomodation does not match the value for the price. We won't come back to this hotel.

Stayed March 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deptford
Residence Inn Deptford
Residence Inn Deptford
#2 of 2 in Deptford
BEST WESTERN Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn
Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Blackwood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Runnemede - Philadelphia
Courtyard Glassboro Rowan University

Been to Fairfield Inn Deptford? Share your experiences!