“Great place to stay without the BIG CITY prices!!”

Fairfield Inn Deptford
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Deptford
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We live in NJ but wanted to stay close to Philadelphia for a conference we were attending. The city prices were out of our range, but the Fairfield Inn was perfect. Took us only 15 mins. to the conference at the Wells Fargo Center. The continental breakfast, which was included, was delicious.

Room Tip: We had a room with 2 queen sized double beds....they were the most comfortable I have slept in in a...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Deptford

Reviewed August 8, 2011

The bed was way too soft for my liking, providing no back support at all and giving me a backache now two days later. The room was basically clean but getting dated and over-used since it is one of the road-side options in the area. Actually when we departed for the first day we ended up with only a half-serviced room with no towels, no kleenex and some used towels left on top of the toilet. We went to the front desk for new towels and to explain the situation and they didn't seem to care. The bathroom was ok. The HVAC was POOR. It actually made the room more humid than it was outside, no matter what we did. Told the front desk and they "fixed" it but no change was really noticed on night #2. We tried to turn it off but it was too hot outside to do that so we dealt with it and whatever the aircon was blowing out has cause me to get some sort of chest cold funk. The breakfast was mediocre. This hotel needs a booster shot in the arm soon. If you have to stay here you can survive for a night since it is close to everything you need in S. Jersey or Philly but if your stay is for more than a few night, I would recommend searching for a higher-classed option.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
FFIDEPTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2011

Hello,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us. Your feedback, as all guest feedback, will be used to improve the product we provide to each of our valued guests. We are committed to your satisfaction, as a loyal patron of our property, and look forward to seeing you again on any future trips to the Deptford/Philadelphia area. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance today, or at any point in the future.

Thank you, and enjoy the remainder of your summer.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights in early August due to the location/proximity to businesses we planned to visit in PA and NJ. Unfortunately, we found the room air conditioner did not appear to work correctly since it was more "moist" and humid inside the room than outside. We asked them to look into it after the first night, but it was not considerably better the 2nd night. Also, after we stayed the first night, we returned the 2nd evening and found that the room cleaning had not been completed - there was one towel laying on top of the toilet, but the other towels were missing, as well as the floor mat. The towels at this location were not great anyway - very small and thread-bare, but something was better than nothing. The staff was very friendly, and the breakfast was well stocked and attended. Would recommend this hotel only for those not expecting many frills/upgrades if they are looking for convenient freeway/business proximity.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
FFIDEPTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Good Afternoon!

Thank you for note, and for providing feedback regarding your stay with us. I was very glad to hear our friendly staff, and amazing breakfast attendants were able to make a positive impression on you during your time with us! I was dissapointed to hear of the housekeeping situation you encountered, as our housekeepers are committed to ensuring each of our guests recieve the best possible accomodations and service. You can be sure I will use your feedback to improve our product and accommodations for future guests! Thank you also for your note regarding our convenient location to major interstates I-95, 295, and the Atlantic City Expressway (RT 42), and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Deptford/Philadelphia area.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

My son will be 4 months tomorrow and he was diagnosed with severe enviornmental allergies. We had to vacate our home. After moving 5 times in 2 weeks we found this hotel. The manager and assistant manager have bent over backwards to help meet the very special needs of my son. The staff from the front desk, breakfast crew and cleaning staff have all gone far above and beyond to be friendly. We have been here for two weeks now and although it takes a lot of special things to keep Brady safe the fact that his health has improved drasticly here is proof the hotel is kept clean and the air quality is is better then most. This has been a very difficult time for my family and just a smile from the staff here is comforting to us. They go out of there way to meet the very demanding needs of some customers while keeping a professional attitude. I have seen a lot during the last two weeks and can say that I would recomend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank TeamBrady
FFIDEPTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your response! We are thankful that our property was able to meet the high cleanliness, and air quality standards neccessary to accommodate your son. It is our staff's goal to ensure each of our guests unique needs are met. We are thrilled to hear we were able to do so for you, and your son. If either myself, or any of our staff members can be of further assitance at any point in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know!

Reviewed June 29, 2011

This hotel is spotless and very comfortable. The front desk staff were very friendly. Good size fridge and microwave in the room. Breakfast buffet was plentiful. Our son is just starting college nearby and I'm so glad we've found a place to stay when we're in the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mythreesuns
FFIDEPTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

Good Afternoon!

Thank you for your response regarding your stay here at the Fairfield Inn Deptford. It was our pleasure to serve you! We were thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay, and would love to see you again if you are ever in the area. It is the feedback from our guests that allow us to make improvements, as well as recognize success when we have delivered a stay for one of our valued guests that exceeds expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance today, or at any point in the future.

Thank you, and have a fantastic summer!

Reviewed January 14, 2011

I stayed at this place for only 1 night and the next day I was rushed out by housekeeping staff. I called the front desk only 30 min after realizing I left behind my mini computer in the room. 3 hours later the manager finally calls me back only to say that my computer isn't in the room and nothing is in the lost and found!!!! The manager even made an attempt to contact me the following day to say that he spoke with the housekeeper who cleaned the room and stated that she did not see anything in the room!
I've stayed at many hotels and never had this happen to me before. Very shady staff people.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Triptravler
FFIDEPTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2011

Hello,

Thank you for your response regarding your stay with us. Theft is something we do not take lightly. We provide in room safes, as well as safety deposit boxes for our guests safety and security. Our staff is trained in proper lost and found procedures, and takes pride in returning all lost or left items to our valued guests. I have provided my contact information below, please contact me at your earliest convenience, as I would like to ensure every possible step has been taken to ensure belongings left hehind are returned promptly and to the proper owner.

856-686-9050 Ext 295

Reviewed October 28, 2010

We arrived at this hotel for a wedding that was at Adelphia down the road. The two very nice, friendly, outgoing representatives at the front desk were just super nice and accomodating. I asked for a roll away cot which they did not have available so I wanted to switch from a king to a double room and they asked me first before I even had to ask! Check in was all about 3 minutes. We get to our room which is super clean, bright and just looked brand spanking new. 10 minutes later we get a call from the front desk asking us if everything is satisfactory, and it was! The beds are super comfy. After 5 hours of partying at the wedding, our feet hurt and we desperately need sleep. And sleep we did, once we fell into these comfy beds we were out like a light. I would highly recommend it. There is a trick to keeping the room cool as my husband has to have it like an ice box. The units are energy saver units, so once the in room temperature is equal to the temperature setting listed on the unit, the air will turn off until the temperature rises above the temperature setting. To avoid the unit from turning off and on, we recommend lowering the temperature setting on the unit. There is also a fan setting which will run continuously, and is quite useful on cooler fall nights.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank envymom1
FFIDEPTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2010

Thank you very much for choosing the Fairfield Inn Deptford as your home during your recent trip to the Deptford area. Feedback from our guests are one of the most enjoyable aspects to my job as the General Manager. We appreciate your response, and look forward to welcoming you back to the Fairfield Inn Deptford soon.

Mike Roberts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deptford
Residence Inn Deptford
Residence Inn Deptford
#3 of 3 in Deptford
Courtyard Deptford
Courtyard Deptford
#2 of 3 in Deptford
Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Blackwood
Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Runnemede - Philadelphia

Been to Fairfield Inn Deptford? Share your experiences!