“GREATEST VALUE”
Review of Filomena Lakeview

Filomena Lakeview
Reserve with OpenTable
Filomena Lakeview is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Deptford
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Atlantic City, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREATEST VALUE”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We went to their Monday/Tuesday $19.99 3 course special. The food was flavorful and plentiful. The service was efficient and personable.

• Visited December 2012

Collingswood, New Jersey
“Love the Food -- they could lose the live music!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I would have given this restaurant more stars, but for the fact that 3 nights a week they have a live band and the music is ridiculously loud for the restaurant patrons. Sure, they want to fill up the bar and bring in drink money, but the music DOES NOT have to be that loud. This place is not that huge and the bar area is right next to the restaurant entry. Once they start playing, you can pretty much say goodbye to any conversation whatsoever, including hearing anything the wait staff has to say. Even the hostess was frustrated as every time the phone rang, she could not hear the people on the other end for reservations. They must make some mega bucks on that band being there to balance out the frustration is causes diners who just want to sit and chat and have a nice meal!!!!!

On the other hand, we love the place itself, the decor and find the food to be terrific in all three of our visits (so far). I agree about 50% with comments made about the wait staff. The ones we have had are very friendly and knowledgeable, but they tend to disappear for long periods of time. They do, however, have assistants who can get you more water, bread, etc. We will most definitely go back, but NOT on a night when the live music is playing!

• Visited December 2012
“Wouldn't come back.”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

The place was very nicely decorated. Service was slow. The food was not good. How do you screw up chicken? I would not come back. Waitresses were friendly for the most part but service was not good.

Collingswood, New Jersey
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We've bin toThis Filomena resturant several times before. The food was always very good. Let's start with the wait staff. The resturant was not that busy we had 3 at our table as the server poured water for 4, then the waiter came to take the order we had to ask him to explain a few of the items on the menu. He talked in cicrcles and still didn't give us any more information than we aready knew. Lets get to the meal, my chicken had no flavor to it,what I ordered no way resembeled what I had thought I was getting, the meal was cold and so was one of the other dishes. One came piping hot.Like I said I've been there before and the food used to be delicious. The bread was not even good. I wouldn't visit this resturant again for fear of a bad experience. I used to rave about Filomena's. So I asked myself what has changed for the worse?

• Visited November 2012
New Jersey
“Uneven experience - there are better restaurants out there!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I ate at Filomena's last night with friends and the experience was lackluster. While service was good (not great), our appetizer came out lukewarm and kind of tasteless, the salads served were soggy as if they'd been dressed a hour prior to our arrival, and the three entrees we ordered ranged in temperature from hot, to warm, to almost cold. Pasta was overcooked, and in my case, the prosciutto that was on the top of my saltimboca was so paper thin that you couldn't tell that it was on the chicken. Also, the male manager at the front desk didn't even acknowledge us when we were leaving (how was everything, have a nice night, etc.) The bar area seemed crowded although the performer's songs made me feel like I was on a bad cruise line.
For the prices they're charging they need to up their game. We've eaten here in the past (last time 2yrs ago) and things were really good. Now? Not so much. There are penty of better restaurants in the area to choose from. I'd pass on Filomena's.

• Visited November 2012