“Bring your wallet and prepare for sticker shock”

Adelphia Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Adelphia Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 44 Restaurants in Deptford
Cuisines: American, Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I've been to Adelphia's a few times before about two years ago and never encountered what we encountered last night. We ordered our drinks and they were in tiny little glasses, so we asked for the larger size, which was a double. We figured it would be a little more than the normal price, but little did we know, they charged us twice the amount. It's not like we were drinking a five liquor drink. I was drinking cherry vodka and club soda. Each cherry vodka and club soda was $16.00. In my mind, that's ripping people off. I can buy a whole bottle of cherry vodka for the price of one drink. It's a nice place, but not worth that much for a drink. This totally turned me off to going up there again. It's not worth my time or money to go there again.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Enjoy sitting on a patio while eating great food and having a delicious drink? Adelphia is the place. Large menu. Great lunches and dinners. Dancing on Saturday nights. Large patio to enjoy the evening.

1  Thank Debra M
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Our waitress was a Caucasian female, and she had three tables. The service that our party received was AWFUL! Our party consisted of African Americans. The waitress appeared to be totally against serving our party properly. We watched as she provided good service to her other tables, and we had to ask to to please take our order. After more than forty minutes of being mistreated we approached the manager, and another server was assigned to our party. The new waiter was Excellent. I have never seen an African American waiter/waitress at Adelphia Restaurant . I beginning to think that the lack of diversity is intentional. I will not be returning.

2  Thank S M
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I have to say that I have never walked away from Adelphia's and said that the food was not good. No matter what you get the food is delicious and reasonable priced. While I do not agree with the thimble of orange juice they give you for brunch you can not say that the food is not delicious and quality. Last night my husband and I opted for the dinner for two which came with a bottle of wine - the food was out of this world. Our server Moe made us feel like we were dining at an expensive restaurant - he was so attentive. Keep in mind Fri n Sat they charge a cover $10 which I think is a little high for the place but the drinks are reasonable priced. Overall this is one of my favorite restaurants in the area.

1  Thank LovetotravelUSA22
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was very disappointed in the food. The buffet menu we selected, and perhaps that was our mistake, but in no way was the chicken picante entree of restaurant quality. It was just plain tough and the pieces were just too chunky. You had to use a knife to cut it and if only it had been pounded, as it should have been, it would have been fork tender. Absolutely no taste. The seafood newburg over rice was gummy and way too fishy. It was just not the right blending of seafood. Horrible rubbery pasta and just plain run of the mill cafeteria food. On the good side, the wait staff was excellent, the ambience great and everyone overall was most accomodating. All of the elements were in place for a great experience but they fell short on food preparation, quality, imagination and freshness. I would not book another party.