“Highly recommend! Super nice staff! Extremely Clean!”

Residence Inn Deptford
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Deptford
Boston, Massachusetts
“Highly recommend! Super nice staff! Extremely Clean!”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Amazing experience! I was in town for my sisters wedding and had to crash at the first hotel I saw...The Residence Inn had a ridiculously nice staff, the second you walk in, they greeted me a huge "Welcome" and gave me a great room.

Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kellie N, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you so much! I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Deptford-Fairfield Inn by Marriott. We hope that you travel to our area again soon and be sure to let us know so we can reserve a room for you. We look forward to your next visit and thanks again for your nice comments.

Yours In Hospitality,
Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Staff was kind and efficient. The room was large and clean. Nice to have full sized appliances. Furnishings were clean The view was of a highway and giant roof of a strip mall (to be fair, so one stays in Deptford for the view). The neon sign for the hotel was just over our window, so some light came into the room from the curtains while we were trying to sleep. The sofabed had a very thin mattress over top of springs and was not comfortable at all.

All remotes, appliances, climate control, etc. were in working order. The hotel supplied shampoo, soap, conditioner and lotion.

The breakfast was nice. Cereal, waffles, eggs, bagels, etc.

The pool was a nice amenity. Was not heated, so kids opted to swim and I watched. The pool room was heated, which was welcomed after being outside in the cold all day. You have to bring towels from the room, then you can exchange them for dry ones at the front desk once used.

The hotel is easy to access from highways. Lots of chain restaurants within a mile, with Uno's just across the parking lot.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the highway - less noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Worldtravellers113
anna p, Manager at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your comments and feedback. We do hope to see you again so we want to make sure we exceed your expectations. Our indoor pool is heated and the normal temperature is from 80-82 degrees. At certain times it may be below temperature due to maintenance, we apologize if this was the issue during your stay. We do provide pool towels in the poolroom and additional towels at the front desk, so no need to bring your room towels down. Again, we appreciate your comments as we strive to better serve you in the future.

At Your Service
Anna Puglia
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This was my first time staying at a Residence Inn. I was extremely pleased with how nice this one was. The breakfast was good. They had Eggs, Sausage, Potatoes, Waffles, etc. The menu would vary each day with what they would prepare and have available to you. The staff was pleasant and very good on greeting you each time you would enter or leave or leave for the day. They had a very nice pool area. Unfortunately they removed the hot tub from the facility and the Manager told me that Marriott has done that with most of their hotels in the New Jersey area. I'm not sure on other states, but this one does not have a hot tub in the pool area. The rooms were comfortable and quite big. I had a well furnished living room/kitchen. The bed was extremely comfortable. This is definitely a nice place if you're on business and you want to cook your own meals. I had a very pleasant stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel. It may be a few extra dollars, but it was well worth it. It's right down the street from the Deptford mall. So it is definitely convenient to other areas!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Kellie N, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this review, January 2, 2014

Central Village, Connecticut
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Have stayed here many times - this time over Thanksgiving weekend. Front desk people are always fast and courteous; room very clean and attractive as always.

Breakfasts are really good. Eggs, Hash, Sausage Gravy, Sausage, potatoes, waffles and the like; menus vary each day. Have not taken advantage of the social hour.

When in the Philadelphia area, we always choose this hotel. Family stayed there also and enjoyed the indoor pool with the kids.

Location is a bit tricky to find first time, but close to NJ Turnpike Exit 3 and I-295. Direct access to Atlantic City Expressway. This facility is beautifully maintained. Arrive timely for breakfast - it gets very crowded at times. I understand why, because the "free breakfast" is well done and not just some rolls and coffee thrown together.

In general we have never been disappointed by Marriott. Each brand has differing levels of luxury, and the Residence Inn lives up to our expectations. Rates for seniors are also very good if you book them on the Marriott website. We will definitely continue to stay here.

Room Tip: There's no real view - a shopping center or the building. In a commercial area, so any room is O...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kellie N, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the kind review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit. Happy Holiday!

Key West, Florida
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The overall experience was very nice,clean rooms,a breakfast variety every morning,friendly staff. I was very confused with their payment procedures.They quoted me a price for the room,and upon check-in they made think I was really using Marriott points,and the room was quoted a lower price.We stayed 10 nights,so they swiped my debit card,took forever for their system to clear the 10 nights,unknown to me!When we checked out all these taxes,sales I expected but this occupancy tax charged each day;noone mentioned this to me initially,so the room was not what they quoted!And when I inquired no one could explain what this tax was.Had to e-mail Marriott .My complaint was let the guest know exactly what their paying!!And a debit,the money is there,it shouldn't take 7 days,and upon check in your bill is not really known until check out!

Room Tip: Ask as many questions before booking and get it in writing!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Debbie C
Kellie N, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

I wanted to Thank You for taking the time to share your experience with the world. We value your feedback and thrive to exceed your expectations. We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed at this Marriott Residence Inn last weekend with my two dogs - i had a great room near the door to outside (at my request), on the first floor (at my request) and was happy to find a clean and well-furnished living room/kitchen and bedroom. The rooms are not huge but plenty big enough and again - CLEAN. The A/C worked great, the TVs were in order, the kitchen was stocked with everything I needed (dishes, glasses, dishwashing soap, paper towels, silverware, etc.) Did I mention CLEAN? The front desk staff was very accommodating.
My only blip was that there was a sign welcoming Marriott Rewards members by name on a small easel at the front desk when I arrived, but my name wasn't included? That was weird but really I would prefer my anonymity!
Breakfast was plentiful and staff there was also great. Unfortunately there was a woman there with her two grandchildren who let them run wild and then went upstairs and left them unattended... but that's not the hotel's fault! I'll definitely stay at this hotel next time I'm in South Jersey.

Room Tip: Corner King rooms are large but the bedroom doesn't have a door - all one large room - the queen...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kara G

Tennessee
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I'm on my 18th day of a 20 night stay at this hotel and have found it a bit disappointing. I spend a lot of time in Residence Inns and typically feel welcomed by the local staff and managers. I often receive a friendly note at checkin from the manager. Here, in spite of the fact that there were a dozen or more in my group, I never got the impression that we were valued guests and never met any of the managers. No one has inquired about how my stay has been.

Two of the women at the front desk are very friendly, but the majority of the front desk people offer a minimal response when you speak to them. The maintenance person was very pleasant and always greeted me nicely when I saw him. The lady who does the evening social hour is a sweetheart, but one of the morning ladies is obviously a disgruntled employee. She never directed any rude comments to me, but I overheard her scolding another guest one morning because he tried to get eggs a few minutes before breakfast officially began. This morning she was more interested in taking the coupons from the Sunday morning newspapers than in getting the breakfast ready. The lights in the dining area were turned on 15 minutes late for breakfast because both food people and the front desk clerk were at one of the guest computers looking at something while several guests ate in the dark. The breakfast area is poorly arranged, with the hot foods in a tiny corner near the juice machine. It is very congested and would be more convenient if the hot food was arranged on the long counter.

I called ahead of my visit to request a quiet room because I knew I would be working off hours. My first room was on the second floor and as soon as I walked in I could hear loud noises above me. The air conditioning unit was also extremely loud. I ask to be relocated and the desk tried to find a better room, but the first one they offered me had only been partially cleaned. The bed was not completely made and there was a note on the table saying that the sofa needed to be cleaned. The second room had an even louder air conditioner than the first. The second day, the staff was able to move me to a third floor unit that was satisfactory from a noise standpoint. I did request better pillows, since the ones I had were very soft. I was offered three others, but they were worse than the ones on the bed. They appeared to be old, cheap pillows. The pad under the sheets seemed to be too small for the bed and was always lumped up, even after the bed was just made.

The daily cleaning of the room was very inconsistent. I had to clean grunge out of the bottom of the dishwasher and from around the drain of the bathtub before I could use either of them. Some days the room was cleaned properly. Some days, items taken, such as dirty towels, were not replaced.

The public areas seem relatively clean and a landscaper planted nice flowers while I was there. A little hospitality and quality control would go a long way in making the guests enjoy their stay at this location.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor if possible and try out the air conditioning right away to make sure it isn...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank swilshire
anna p, General Manager at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to discuss your many unfortunate issues during your stay. We are truly embarrassed that we did not leave you with the impression that you are a valued guest and certainly hope that you will allow us the opportunity to make that up to you! We apprecaite your loyalty to Marriott as a PLATINUM Elite Member.

At Your Service
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deptford
Fairfield Inn Deptford
Fairfield Inn Deptford
#1 of 3 in Deptford
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Blackwood
Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)
La Quinta Inn & Suites Runnemede - Philadelphia
Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn
Days Inn Runnemede Philadelphia Area

Been to Residence Inn Deptford? Share your experiences!