“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Deptford
New York
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

It was a very nice Hotel and great rooms, The only thing we didnt like was the mattress pad didnt stay on the bed. 1 of the corners would come off ever night. The pool is a little chilly, But other wise nice large room, clean, especially if you had to stay there for a week.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kellie N, Manager at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much! I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Deptford-Fairfield Inn by Marriott. We hope that you travel to our area again soon and be sure to let us know so we can reserve a room for you. We look forward to your next visit and thanks again for your nice comments.

Dual Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Runnemede, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is the 4th year my cousin and I have taken our families to the Residence Inn for New Years. We each have 3 children under the age of 8. Our check in was timely and the rooms were ready ontime. They were clean and no problems there. We went to the pool about 4pm. The water was 77 chilly degrees, but the hot tub was 105 degrees. The adults were unable to go into the hottub because it was causing burns. My cousin had huge marks on her legs just from putting them into the hottub up to her knees. We complained about the temp 3 times before anyone took us seriously. They did end up draining the entire tub to reduce the temperature.
Later that evening we had 4 adults and 6 kids in our 3rd floor room. The kids were playing Wii on 2 televisions and the adults were sitting talking and watching TV. At 9:45 a front desk employee knocked on our door to tell us we were being too loud. He said there were 2 complaints from the same person and if there was a 3rd call they would have to call the police. We were shocked!! We were not even making much noise and this was New Years Eve. My husband went down to talk to a manager only to find that there was no manager on duty. For the rest of the night we had to walk on eggshells telling the kids to whisper. When the clock struck midnight, we all quietly said happy new year. You cannot expect to have total silence on New Years Eve.
We are not going to go back to this hotel again for our new years celebration. To be threatened that they are going to call the police on you is ridiculus!!
Breakfast was good. Left at noon the next day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kellie N, Manager at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience, that was truly not our intention. We really appreciate your feedback and hope that you will give us another chance to make it right.

I do hope that you do not judge the entire company by this one experience. We strive to always create a positive human experience for all our guests.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions, comments, or if there is anything we can do to remedy your experience.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Just got home from our annual New Years get away with two other couples. Ran into a few glitches at the beginning of our stay which necessitated us having to speak with the manager, Ann. The minute she heard we were having problems she bent over backward to take care of things for us. Throughout the rest of our stay Ann saw to it that we had everything we needed and took really good care of us. The property was great for getting together and having fun. Spacious well appointed and laid out rooms, great gathering spaces. Breakfast was typical hot/cold fare that you would expect at a hotel of this nature but the coffee, available 24/7, was better than most. Staff was friendly and warm and also very responsive to our needs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive feedback on your stay with us. As with any business, the best advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfield customer. We hope that the next time you visit the Deptford area that you will stay with us again. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Issaquah, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I are currently visiting in Deptford for a few days from Seattle while his parents are moving into their new home. Him and I have stayed in many different hotels and this is by far the nicest/cleanest place we have ever stayed at! I don't understand why people would write such bad reviews about this place! The employees are nice, the rooms and bathrooms are extremely clean, the kitchens in the rooms are always supplied with silverware, pots, and pans. The hotel even gives you dishwasher soap and kitchen towels! Every morning there is breakfast downstairs, and it's not just cereal and toast! They offer multiple types of food, there are different meals to eat every morning througout the week and the food is actually really good. They have an indoor pool, which is open later than most hotel pools, M-Th it's open from 9am-11:00pm and F-S it's open from 9am-12:00am. Another great thing about this place is that they are pet friendly! My boyfriend and I have been watching his parent's dog and cat and they LOVE this place! The employees are super nice to the animals. The hotel is also really close to the mall, I can walk there in about 15 mins. There is a Taco Bell and Mc Donald's in the parking lot next door and a Wendy's across the street. The only negative thing I can can say about this place is that the hotel is right next to a somewhat busy road, but I am not a person to be really bothered by this like others might be. Overall, this really is a great place to stay. I honestly don't understand why anyone would give this place a poor rating :/

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a friend or a significant other room #327 is a studio style room with a ki...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate your business, and we're grateful for the trust you've placed in us. Please don't hesitate to call me if ever a problem should arise or if you would like to make future reservations. We hope to have the pleasure of doing business with you for many years to come.

Kellie E. Nice
Laval, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

By far the worst travel experience I’ve ever had. October 19/2012, my husband and I, from Quebec Canada along with his cousin and elderly aunt from Long Island went NJ for the weekend to attend our niece’s wedding. The Hotel location was near the venue; since it was “Marriott” we didn’t foresee any unpleasant situation. At first glance everything seemed fine. Friday afternoon, we checked into a two bedroom suite -105, the staff was pleasant and courteous. Saturday morning my husband and I woke to find that our bed was infested with bed bugs. We called room service who sent a staff to investigate and confirm that it was indeed bed bugs. Apologies all round and a promise by the assistant Manager to immediately move us to another suite. While the pest control people took care of the problem, we were given laundry detergent and enough money to wash and dry all our belongings that had not been discarded - terrified of carry the bed bugs back home with us.
We spent most of the Saturday doing laundry in the in-house laundry room. We eagerly entered the second suite - 205 which have been apparently checked and prepared for us. Taking a look at the new bedding, it turned out to be more disgusting than the bed bugs we had dealt with the night before. The duvet was stained throughout with body fluids and what appeared to be feces. We again demanded to see the manager. She was not available; however the Operations Manager along with someone from maintenance did show up. They again apologized for the situation and proceeded to strip and remake the beds. At this point we had no interest in remaining in this hotel and made that clear to the staff. The management offered us the option to move to another hotel at their expense which we gladly accepted.
I would strongly advise anyone traveling to the NJ Deptford area to stay clear of this hotel. Not what I expected from a Marriott.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank claude_1357
Kellie N, General Manager at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Valued Guest -

Both myself and my team members are very sorry that your stay at our hotel was not up to your expectations and appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. Please know that we have already rectified the situations you encountered. Further, we are retraining our team members to be more vigilant in their inspections of all areas of the hotel. I would be more than happy to talk to you further about your stay if you wish to call at 856-686-9188.

Yours In Hospitality
Deptford, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Worst Marriott I've ever stayed at...if your staying one or two nights OK...but long term good luck! Housekeeping staff needs a refresher course. There are only 3 good housekeepers and the rest are just garbage collectors and don't want to do anything else. I've never stayed at a Marriott where the housekeeper enters the room without any cleaning supplies and just takes the trash and leaves. I guess they expect me to clean my own toliet and shower. I informed managent that the property will continue to deteriorate if the shower and toilets are not kept up, but I have yet to see any changes. By the way I am a frequent traveler and have never been so unstatisfied with a hotel in my life. So if your going to be staying for over a week run!!! These people will go weeks with out cleaning your toilet or changing your sheets if you don't stay on them. They only clean the rooms for check outs and quick stays. Never stayed at a Marriott where you have to ask people to do their jobs and they get an attitude. Managment needs to get control of the situation and conduct a customer service refresher training and/or hire new staff and release poor performers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Nicole w
Kellie N, Manager at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our services did not meet your expectations. We wish to address your issues with our staff and provide the best solution to prevent this from happening again.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any trouble or inconvenience we may have caused you. Once again, we appreciate your feeback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do.

As with any business like ours, the greatests advertising we can have is by word of mouth from a satisfied guest. Its our goal to retain you again as a satisfied customer and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again the the future.

Yours in Hospitality,
Sales Manger
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

If you have to be in Deptford for any reason, this Marriott should amply serve your needs. It was very clean, very comfortably decorated, and had an extremely friendly staff. We had a small wait at check-in and Ramir at the front desk could not have been more accommodating. He advised us where to grab lunch and then we waited in the lovely lobby seating area where there was a full screen TV, tables and chairs, comfortable couches, etc., and just relaxed, read and watched TV until our room was ready. The room itself was spacious and nicely set up. I am a fan of windows that can open a bit to let in the fresh air, and the room had wonderful windows and light. The hotel is very well located, within walking distance of restaurants and many retail businesses. We had no complaints about this Marriott at all, and will return there if we back in this area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Angel54046

Sales Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deptford
Fairfield Inn Deptford
Fairfield Inn Deptford
#1 of 2 in Deptford
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Blackwood
Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)
La Quinta Inn & Suites Runnemede - Philadelphia
BEST WESTERN Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn
Courtyard Glassboro Rowan University

Been to Residence Inn Deptford? Share your experiences!