“Convenient location & good amenities”

Residence Inn Deptford
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Deptford
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Instead of the Fairfield Inn next door we stayed at the Residence Inn for 4 nights while visiting family. We were happy to have a studio rather than a 1-bedroom as the room seemed much more open and spacious without the walled off bedroom. The property seems a bit dated but clean. All our needs were met in the kitchen and we loved the fresh fluffy white towels in the bathroom. Disappointed there was no in-room safe. The hot breakfast was excellent and although the eating area was really crowded on the Sunday probably because there were three wedding parties there was plenty of room during the week. And we loved the outdoor courtyard with several tables where you could sit. When our family visited we either sat there or in the lobby on the comfortable sofa and chairs. The evening " meal" served during the week between 6 and 7:30pm saved us going out to a restaurant .... chili and a green salad one night and deli sandwich and green salad the next night. The staff were friendly but as a gold Marriott member I was not really recognized as at other properties where I am offered a complimentary bottle of water or a snack. We experienced a problem with our Tv. Not really the hotel's fault more a problem with the satellite . Was offered the option to change rooms but declined and was given Marriott points in compensation for the inconvenience. That was a sign of good customer relations .... well done.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kellie N, General Manager at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Valued Guest -

Thank You for your feedback. We do appreciare your loyalty to Marriott and Thank You for choosing us while in the Deptford area. Although we do not have in-room safes, there are a limited amount available at the reception area. Again Thank You for your taking the time to tell us about your experience.

Yours in Hospitality

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Deptford

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Was in NJ with family and stayed here to visit Philadelphia. After reading several reviews here, I had high expectations. The location is great...very close to restaurants and the Deptford Mall was about a mile away.

The room itself was below average-average from what I'm used to in staying at a Residence Inn. The room was not as clean as I'd hoped (hair on bathroom floor, crumbs and dust behind doors, and my daughter found an empty snack wrapper behind a chair). Our garbage cans weren't emptied on our first night, so we had to put them by the door to make sure they were emptied our second night.

On a positive note, I'd give the breakfast an average-above average. There was plenty to choose from and everything was well stocked. It's your typical continental breakfast with a few hot entrees but they did do a nice job!

The pool area is very small and the hot tub was out of order for our entire 3 night stay.

I don't think my family would stay here again but it wasn't awful....just ok!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Kellie N, Manager at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am so sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience, that was truly not our intention. We really appreciate your feedback and hope that you will give us another chance to make it right.

I do hope that you do not judge the entire company by this one experience. We strive to always create a positive human experience for all our guests.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions, comments, or if there is anything we can do to remedy your experience.

Yours In Hospitality,
Kellie Nice

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have never had such a bad experiance as i did at this hotel. My husband and i travel often and i have never be treated so disrespectfully as i did here. I had requested "early check-in" when booking my $240 2 room suite. not for nothing but thats pretty expensive to be treated horribly. I had called around 1 pm to see if the room was ready, the man i spoke to on the phone was pleasant he said the room was not yet ready but come in about an hour. Upon arrival i went to the front desk, the hotel was busy there was a group there that was being helped and a wedding party. I went to check in and the woman at the front desk was very rude she stated that she did not know who told me to come and why they did because the rooms were not ready. I said ok thats fine i understand it is just that i called prior and was told to come down here. we waited till 3pm (which was check in time) and i went back up to see if the room was ready another nice women was up there and told me about 20 minutes or so. so we waited over a half hour once again (now this is after the check in time) and i went up once again i nicely said that i had to be to an event @ 4:30 and people in my party needed to shower. and it was now past 4 oclock she was again very obnoxious and rude to me saying the general manager was cleaning the rooms helping etc. i said im very sorry for that but it is late and i do need to get into my room she continuted to say i dont know where you have to go if ur with "such and such group" i then said that like before when origionally checking in i told you that i am not with that group i am with my family and we are waiting for our room. 2 hours after normal check in time and 3 after our origional arrival i was still continuing to try to be pleasant with this person but it was not a good time we had small children that were getting very antsy. again if we werent told to come over we could have taken our time and she could have been much more pleasant. we also found a roach in the kitchen of the suite. i will never never ever stay there again.

Room Tip: do not book at this hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tori G

Yours In Hospitality,
Kellie Nice

Reviewed June 16, 2012

My family and I visited Philadelphia in June. Four adults and an 8 year old. When we were shopping for a place to stay, most of the hotels in Philadelphia were too expensive for our budget. This Residence Inn was the best location for us and it's on a 10 min drive into Philly. It's located right near a freeway entrance and it's freeway all the way into Philly. Plenty of shops and restaurants nearby in case you don't want to blow your spending in Philly.

The place was really nice and up to date. The rooms were clean. Like all Residence Inn, there is breakfast buffet every morning. We have stayed at numerous Residence Inn's and found that the breakfast buffets are pretty plain and at time unappetizing. Not to mention super crowded. However, the breakfast here was pretty good and not too crowded. This place has our vote on the best breakfast of all the Residence Inn's. I don't want everyone to have such a high expectation and be disappointed. After all breakfast is breakfast, but the food was worth sitting down to enjoy.

The staff was terrific as always! The Manager, Anna was really friendly and made alot of efforts make sure her guests feels welcome.

Things that I was disappointed about and prevented the property from a perfect score is that the property did not offer any interesting view from any room. In addition to that, although I did take advantage of the small gym on property, I wish there is some type of walking/running track. I understand this is no fault of the staff and if I can, I would give the staff the highest rating because I thought the staff were excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate your business, and we're grateful for the trust you've placed in us. Please don't hesitate to call me if ever a problem should arise or if you would like to make future reservations. We hope to have the pleasure of doing business with you for many years to come.

Kellie E. Nice

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I had anything that could go wrong seem to go wrong in my room and the staff made it right.

Room Tip: This hotel seems to have a little age but the staff is great. After being on the road for 4 weeks t...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Kellie N, Manager at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

We truly appreciate your business, and we're grateful for the trust you've placed in us. Please don't hesitate to call me if ever a problem should arise. We hope to have the pleasure of doing business with you for many years to come.

Kellie E. Nice

Reviewed May 11, 2012

The front desk welcomed us like family. The complimentary breakfast was delicious. Very accommodating, clean, and very pet friendly. Comfortable rooms, even the pull out couch was comfortable for this kids. I've joined the Marriott Rewards program...I'll be staying with Residence Inns again!

Room Tip: They are SO doggy friendly that they have a dog walk area and doggy poppy bags.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mitchell M
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We stayed across the river in nearby NJ. Convenient to Philly, clean hotel, very friendly staff. Nice breakfast buffet. Ate dinner at Uno Chicago Grill right next door! YUM!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deptford
Fairfield Inn Deptford
Fairfield Inn Deptford
#1 of 3 in Deptford
Courtyard Deptford
Courtyard Deptford
#2 of 3 in Deptford
Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)
Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Blackwood
Courtyard Glassboro Rowan University

Been to Residence Inn Deptford? Share your experiences!