“pretty on the outside ..... that is all”

Adelphia Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Deptford
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Met the in-laws for an early dinner. My husband gives the name of the reservation to the hostess. She says try in the back or ask at the desk behind me. Luckily upon two minutes of surveying the place my father in-law comes out. It was a big group so my father in law asked for a split check. Assistant manager says he will take care of it at the end. We were not trying to get out of paying the 18% gratuity that wasn't deserved, just merely trying to avoid who got what at the end. The manager, who never showed her face to see how things were going, showed up to let us know "I am his boss and I override whatever he told you." The food was dry, cold and bland. We were never checked on for refills. We sat down at 4:45 and was not done until 8:00 due to the lack of quick and professional service. I will never visit Adelphia again.

1  Thank Dannie B

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Try as it may, this establishment always strikes me as nothing more than a diner struggling to be something else...nightclub?...upscale restaurant?...local family dining?.
Portions are good, food is average, value is borderline. At least it is consistent.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Big and loud, especially for Sunday brunch. The best thing about the brunch is it's desert table and the diverse crowd that flock to it. I would recomment ordering off the menu. Their salads was particularly large and well prepared. Because it's big there are usually open tables. Parking can be difficult. If you find an open spot, take it. Just avoid parking at the jewelers next door, he's open seven days a week and guards his spots.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Great place to go clubing. Food not bad, but not great.
They have a free buffet every day that is very good

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We eat at Adelphia every now and then since it's nearby and offers a lot of dining options and consistently good food. Food, service and décor are decent.

Tuesday offer inexpensive dining specials including low cost burgers (very good). Higher end options such as prime rib and seafood are also available (at higher prices of course).

Adelphia offers a sumptuous Sunday Brunch. It's reasonably price (less than $20) and offers lots of food choices. It can get crowded though and when that happens you may end up waiting quite a while for your toast or omelet.

Carving stations generally offer good (but not great) meat choices. This is a nice neighborhood brunch choice when quantity is a bit more important than quality (not to hint that it's bad, just not individually prepared with the exception of the omelets or fried eggs).