“My favorite place to eat”
Review of Cafe Metro

Cafe Metro
Ranked #12 of 76 Restaurants in Denville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boonton
“My favorite place to eat”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

My family and I have been eating here for years. The service is great and the food is healthy and delicious. My favorite is the salmon. I have never had a bad meal or experience here. They rotate the art work which always makes it feel different.

• Visited March 2014

Cedar Knolls, New Jersey
“Intriguing, but just okay”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I will start by saying, that I would definitely try this restaurant again, hoping that we ate on an off night. There are a lot of vegetarian choices, definitely an organic type menu. I thought there were a number of interesting things to try, including the items on the daily special page. We were a group of six on a Monday. Service was fine, average. I went with a tofu dish that basically was a tofu Parmesan. It wasn't called that, and I was sort of surprised when it was served to me, complete with linguine in the side (which was NOT mentioned on the menu), but looking back if I really thought about it, that was what the description was. It was fine. Nothing to write home about, all the flavors kind of got lost in the abundant tomato sauce. The diner next to me had a chicken with peanut sauce. The sauce was super yummy, but the thin cut chicken was most decidedly over cooked. I also tasted a soy cake dish and that was pretty good. I wish I had gotten the special which was a pasta with sage walnut sauce. So you can tell, the dishes sound really interesting and different - but on the night that we were there the execution was just so-so.

• Visited June 2014
nj usa
“A good casual spot with interesting menu”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

A good spot for dinner.A varied menu in nice surroundings.
A somewhat healthy food menu.
Bring your own wine.

• Visited September 2013
New Jersey
“Not the usual standard of service tonight”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The food was very good, we eat here often, but tonight .....we had to ask for the bread basket, then they realised they had not taken our order.Appetizer arrived , then our entree while I was still eating! The final straw came when the bill was delivered while I was still eating my entree!!!
No mention of coffee or dessert, & it was only 8.20pm.
Dinner is about enjoyment of food & conversation , not being rushed out the door.

• Visited May 2014
Wolcott, Connecticut
“Very good meal”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Was in the area on business. Saw this on trip advisor and it sounded good. It was. Had the maple pecan glazed pork chop. It was delicious. Large pork chop, very tender and the apples were great. Portion was good. Loads of things looked good on the menu so this will be a place I'll come to next time I'm in town. Highly recommend it.

• Visited April 2014