“Best NJ Deli !!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Denville, New Jersey
“Best NJ Deli !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

Been coming to Sergio's for years and the quality is absolutely the "Best of the Best". If you are within a 50 mile radius of Denville, NJ you must stop in and try one of their fabulous sandwiches.
Tip: Call ahead to avoid the long lunch lines.

• Visited December 2013

Garden State
“DELI-cioso!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Although I have known about Sergio & Co. for at least five years now and have heard nothing but positive things about it, I never did make it there until a few weeks ago…and, oh boy, am I ever so grateful that I FINALLY did! It may just be my favorite deli. When I arrived on a Saturday a few minutes after noon the place was already hopping. I took a deli number from the ticket dispenser and eagerly, yet patiently, awaited my turn. I did the “Create Your Own Sandwich” where you get to choose your own bread, the meats and cheese, and the extras that you want. It is standard for me to get a sub with ham, turkey, provolone, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, vinegar and oil, mayonnaise, and oregano. It was nice to have many bread options (five choices), and I chose the Ciabatta. I instantly recognized how nice the employees at Sergio’s were. That was a relief because when it was time for me to place my order I had asked the woman helping me if she could show me what the Focaccia and the Ciabatta bread looked like, and she happily did. That made the decision making process quick and simple…it’s all about the visuals! I have to admit that I actually became a bit worried when I began to place my order. I paused after saying which bread, meats and cheese I wanted since I am used to stating the toppings at the end. She asked if that was all that I wanted on my sandwich, in which I replied with a laugh, “Oh, no. There’s a lot more!” Then I rambled off the rest of the numerous toppings and dressings that I wanted, noting that it was not being written down, hoping yet doubtful that she would actually remember it all. To my surprise she did, and my sandwich came out exactly as I wanted! Luckily a table cleared out after we had placed our orders, since my husband and I were hoping to eat our lunch there. The place is small like typical delis are, so there are only a handful of tables to sit at. The employees deliver your sandwiches to your table which is quite nice, as well as take your plates when you are done. I was delighted with how aesthetically pleasing our sandwiches looked when they arrived to our table, as each half was attractively adorned with either tiny pieces of peppers, olives, or miniature pickles. It’s the little things like this that make a place unique and stand out. I have never seen such a tiny pickle before…it was one of the cutest things I have ever seen! I realized when I saw both sandwiches how grateful I was that I chose the Ciabatta bread. My husband’s came on a semolina roll which was quite a bit thicker, and Sergio’s sure makes one STACKED sandwich! Bigmouths are definitely welcome here! Upon first bite I was in love with the provolone that they used…it was so sharp and wonderfully flavorful. I have never had a sharp provolone before and now I cannot possibly revert back! I see on their menu that they offer both mild and sharp, so from now on I will make sure to always ask for the sharp one to ensure that I do get it. I loved everything about my sandwich except for the ham, which I thought was rather salty. I did not know that there were three kinds of ham cold cuts to choose from until I just saw so on their website, and I did not specify a particular one that day. The next time I go I will request which one I would like. I look forward to many future lunches at Sergio’s and fantasize about trying many different things, like their homemade soup, or perhaps their fabulous looking bruschetta that I can top off my sandwich with. I would only make one suggestion to Sergio’s, which is that they should offer a better selection of drinks. I believe that I only saw two types of soda and only one or two other types of beverages. A Pure Leaf iced tea would have complimented my lunch perfectly. Other than that I wouldn’t change one single, solitary thing about Sergio’s…in my opinion, it was DELI-cioso!

Visited November 2013
Denville, New Jersey
“Best place ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I Looooove sergios. They have the freshest ingredients and best customer service. You may have to sometimes wait for this awesomeness but it's really not that long considering what you are waiting for.

• Visited December 2013
rockaway, nj
“the best of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Sergio is the friendliest business owner on the face of the earth! He truly cares about his customers and the food that he prepares. It was obvious when Hurricane Irene wiped out his business how many of us rallied and donated money to help him get back up and running again. Best homemade mozzarella... love the Sullivan Street breads, the cheese selection, olive oil, balsamic vinegars, as well as all of the soups.

Visited November 2013
Morris County, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,317 helpful votes
“Authentic Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great place for anything italian,The selection of cheeses,sausages pasta sauces, sandwiches is all great.After the flood in Denville and the store destroyed ,everybody in town was hoping that they will come back. And they did !!! The place looks great and all the food is as good as it has always been.

Visited September 2013