“Disappointed after reading all the other great reviews”
Review of Caffe Delhi

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Caffe Delhi
Ranked #41 of 81 Restaurants in Denville
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed August 18, 2013

After reading all the 5 star ratings, my husband and I decided to try Caffe Delhi, since we're looking for a new Indian restaurant. I'm sorry to say we were primarily disappointed. The onion bhajia appetizer was very good. My husband requested an appetizer that was not on the menu (samosa chaat) which they had no problem making. I thought the samosa chaat was delicious. My husband thought it was good but he said he's had better elsewhere. Unfortunately that's where our satisfaction ends. We ordered garlic naan which, while flavorful, was rather limp. I've had naan elsewhere and it's a little more 'sturdy'. This bread seemed kind of damp. For entrees, I ordered the chicken makhani which I thought was way too buttery. I've had chicken makhani before and have never had it taste that buttery. I thought the butter was way too overpowering. My husband ordered the chicken vindaloo and he ordered it extra spicy (he can never get food spicy enough). He said his dish was OK but it wasn't spicy and he's had better elsewhere (like the samosa chaat). We did have some leftovers of both entrees and had them 2 days later. My husband said his vindaloo was much better. My makhani did taste a little better 2 days later but it was still overly buttery. The service was very good and the atmosphere was nice. Initially of 4 tables, we were the only non-Indians in the room, which I always think is a good sign (when those of the same culture/ethnicity as the restaurant frequent it, because it leads me to believe the food is authentic). I was very sorry to have to write an 'average' review because I had such high hopes for this restaurant.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've been going to this restaurant regularly for a few months now and I cannot say enough how great it is.
The service is great, but the food, of the food is so great, it will now be difficult to find another Indian restaurant that can measure up to this.
The owner/manager is a really nice guy that will talk with you and tell you exactly what to get to suit your taste.
and make sure to get the nisharwa naan, its unforgetable

Reviewed August 3, 2013

As a great lover of indian food I was so pleased to discover this delightful restaurant had opened only half a mile away.
I was not dissappointed. The food is all freshly cooked and subtely spicy and their basmati rice is just a perfect.accompaniment to thir various northen Indian dishes. I particularly like their chicken tikka marsala which goes well with the aloo gobi palak (cauliflower, potatoes and spinach).
All the tandoori dishes are superb and the breads are all freshly made to order.
Good atmosphere and a friendly staff make this place a delight to eat in.
They do a magnificent lunchtime buffet at a very reasonable price ( $8.99 ) a good way to see if you enjoy indian food as much as I do

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This place hasn't been opened long but they do a great lunch buffet for $8. They offer a fresh salad with lots of condiments, appetizers, rice, at least 4 vegetarian choices, 3 chicken dishes and 2 desserts. My favorite dish was the vegetable korma. The food is fresh and tasty and the staff is friendly. I hope they make it as there is alot of competition for Indian restaurants in the area.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We enjoyed fresh and yummy authentic Indian cuisine here. Particularly loved their butter chicken and yellow dal fry. The place has a nice ambience and courteous staff too. Overall, it was a good experience and I highly recommend this restaurant.