“A good time was had by all”
Review of Bensi

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bensi
Ranked #31 of 81 Restaurants in Denville
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Visited Bensi last Saturday evening, with a total of 18 people. I had called for reservations the day before, and was told the number would be no problem. This was nice to hear because I had received less than enthusiastic responses from some neighboring restaurants, including the Melting Pot, when I mentioned the number. As we were 12 adults and six children celebrating the completion of the New Jersey Ballet intensive Summer program, we were all in a great mood, and the staff at Bensi could not have been nicer or more accomodating. I found the food to be quite good, and ranged from individual pizza's, to seafood specialties and steaks. No one in our party was disappointed. Our tab totalled over $ 400.00 but they did not include the customary 18% gratuity that most restaurants automatically put on a group larger than 6. That was a smart move on Bensi's part because we went over 20% due to the excellent service and friendly atmosphere. I highly recommend Bensi to anyone, and it is a good place to stop in to after shopping at the Union Hills stores that share the strip with Bensi. Thanks to the management and staff that added greatly to our evening!!!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We will not go back to this place. We made reservations but those were clearly ignored. We arrived on time yet still waited 15+ minutes for our table. It became clear they held no table for us and instead made us wait in line for the next available table. The hostess was rather rude as well. She point at us and nodded for us to come over (instead of approaching us for seating), then pointed to our table and walked away. The food was average at best. You would think in an Italian restaurant, the one thing they'd definitely know how to cook would be pasta. I had linguine and expected al dente, and it was way overcooked. There was nothing special at all about this place. I would describe it as an average diner that only serves Italian food...and doesn't do that very well. The feeling you get is the owner is doing the minimum to get by and make money; not a place passionate about good food and good dining. There's no excuse in North Jersey for a bad Italian restaurant. There are many other choices.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Grabbed lunch here with my Dad on a Sunday. A good thing about their menu is they have lunch size portions of entries. I had the Chicken Parm. Got two full size cutlets plus a side salad (can also get pasta) for 10.95. Prepared very well - just as good as a fancy Italian restaurant . Plus if you have a coupon get another 15% off. Give it a try.